TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Does anyone collect Wrestling stuff?

I'm just wondering, anyone on the board here collect Wrestling related stuff? I don't mean DVD's because I'm sure a bunch of us have them and do collect them.

When I mean wrestling stuff, I mean like Replica Belts, T-Shirts, Pictures, Autographs, even the Wrestler's gear themselves.

I really don't have anything besides my DVD's and I use to own a Replica Winged Eagle Belt.

Anyone else?

I have an RVD figure that came out shortly after ONS 2006. The figure came with a bloody ECW title rather than the usual plain gold plastic title belts that figures come with. I also have several DVDs, and my prized VHS copy of Wrestlemania X-SEVEN. Holy crap that thing was hard to get hold of. I gave up searching for an original DVD of it. Would rather not get the WM box set version with blurry logos and no Bizkit. I've also owned several title belt replicas, but they're all gone. I mostly buy them to take to shows, then sell them afterward.

I never collected autographs or posters or toys or anything like that. Never saw the point. Aside from my tape collection, I only had one other little odd thing: I'd sometimes collect little pieces of broken tables that someone had gone through. No idea why, it just seemed kinda cool. "This one's from Doug Gilbert in Nashville, this one was Abyss in Atlanta, this one was Necro Butcher in Evansville", so forth n' so on. I stopped doing it once I got In Da Biz and eventually lost all of 'em, but at one point I had like a dozen little jagged pieces of plywood from various tables shattered by the force of a human body crashing into it.

I used to really be into getting wrestling figures, but combination of lack of space/money has killed off most interest. Being a dork, I just like playing around with the camera and taking pictures of them. I have a handful of shirts and autographs, but its nothing too special.

I used to have well over 1,000 tapes, mostly through trading on Crazymax and the old ITSC board. I had replica WCW US and ECW Tag titles. I had the ECW belt signed by Dreamer, Whipereck, Roadkill, Guido, New Jack, and goddamn Nova signed it while Tommy was. Dreamer turned to him as said "You never won this."

I got a bigger kick out of getting pics with the guys at shows. Got a lot through ECW and ROH. Just don't care for wrestling like I used to though

I have a large collection of wrestling dvds, which as you mentioned most of us do. I also have some old wwf tv dinner trays(ultimate warrior, hogan, one with several stars). I have an old nwa road warriors bandana. Used to have a large boxed wrestling figure collection, but sold it a few years ago. I still have some loose figures. Bunch of posters and old magazines, Sting foam finger. Large wcw wrestling shirt collection. Replica WCW big gold belt with Sting nameplate and signed Sting marble plaque. Old wrestling stuffed animals from early 90s and late 90s. I've always wanted to start a larger collection and display it, but for now its boxed up.

I'm sure that I have a couple of boxes back home with old magazines, action figures and the like. Other than a few thousand wrestling DVDs and a couple dozen VHS masters, I don't have much of a collection. Do Wrestling Observer/F4W newsletters count?

The only thing that I can think of is an autographed 8x10 of Shark Boy.

I have a whole bunch of figures from the 80's LJN to Hasbro to WCW Galoob to Jakks. Had about 100 mags from 90's but I sold mostly all of them. A couple of wrestling buddies from early 90's. A bunch of autographs from the 1995 wrestlefest fan thing right b4 wrestlemania 11. I also have a Billy Gunn hat from his Smoking Gunn days. I'm sure it could get me at least 35 cents on ebay. & an endless collection of vhs.

My big thing are event posters, specifically old WWF and NWA / WCW pay-per-view posters.

My favorites are Summer Slam 92 and cool vertical rectangle posters for Starrcade 89 and Wrestle War 90.

Have a WrestleMania III poster signed by about a dozen guys who worked the show.