TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 9/22-9/30

Mazeroski's home run is the definitive World Series moment. Classic ending to one of the best games ever played. Not only is it an egregious error to leave it off the list, it should win.

Game 7 from 2001 is probably the best from my lifetime. That or Joe Carter's walk-off.

How do you think the Mets reacted when they saw the lineup the Pirates decided to field tonight? The Brewers have tried their hardest to blow their chances at the Wild Card, but the Pirates have refused to allow it today fielding a lineup with 5-8 hitters batting .228, .167, .212, and .160. They will also send out Zach Duke (who, by the way, may have the best name in the league) who is battling to keep his ERA under 5 for the year.

Halladay won his 20th, and he's about the only reason I can see Burnett staying. The way he rushed out of the dugout and bearhugged him, he loves the guy.

The Mets just tied it on an unbelievable play at the plate. Fukudome had Church dead by ten feet, but Church ran away from the tag and beat the catcher back to the plate.

I don't know how more runners don't get called for running out of the baseline on plays like that. I mean, Church was on the grass.

Halladay won his 20th, and he's about the only reason I can see Burnett staying. The way he rushed out of the dugout and bearhugged him, he loves the guy.

44308015-74b0-4cfe-b556-905d80350f1c.jpg

See!

It looks like TBS has pulled the meaningless Yankees/Red Sox game from their schedule for Sunday. I just hope they don't pick Cubs/Brewers simply because the game will already be nationally televised on WGN.

The Mets should've EASILY won that game. Ryan Theriot was the only regular in there for god's sake and Lou trotted out the cream of the crap from the pen.

If nothing else, I hope tonight proved once again that experience or not, Howry is not worthy of postseason consideration. Also, Ward is a useless bat off the bench and Micah Hoffpauir would be a better fit for that role. Ward takes pitches, but he's got nothing else this season. Hoff is at least going to bring the threat of power to the plate, which is exactly what a bat off the bench is supposed to have.

Twins win it in extras. They've looked great against the White Sox; real sub-par against some suspect teams.

Because White Sox have packed it in. Guess that fishing trip sounded more appealing than baseball in October.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Twins swept the White Sox. The White Sox really allow the Twins to maintain a tight psychological grip on them. You could tell from Hawk that they were defeated before they came into town.

EDIT: Part of it is that the Twins are constructed to win at the Metrodome and the Sox are old, fat, and slow, of course

This has been the second best series to be a Twins fan in the past 10 years, behind that final weekend in 2006. If the White Sox somehow find a way to pass the Twins this weekend I just might off myself!

I can't believe this fucking choke job. The twins have the Royals for their last 3, with the Sox playing Cleveland and, if necessary, one with Detroit. With Minnesota owning the tiebreaker, they're fucked. :(

I can't believe this fucking choke job. The twins have the Royals for their last 3, with the Sox playing Cleveland and, if necessary, one with Detroit. With Minnesota owning the tiebreaker, they're fucked. :(

It's not a chokejob when they only had a 2.5 lead to begin with. Hell they haven't had a convincing lead all year long. This isn't 2007 Mets choking here.

Well, it's certainly no monumental collapse like the Mets, but it still sucks.

The tiebreaker only matters if both teams are getting in, which obviously ain't happening here.

The tiebreaker in head to head victories matters if both teams end up tied in overall record. But with the Chicago/Detroit makeup game in limbo, I guess you're right. Sorry, lot of stuff on my mind.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

They print those for everybody.

To clear up any Twins/Sox confusion, if the Sox finish plus-minus half a game of the Twins, they make up the Detroit rainout on Monday as #162. If the outcome of that game results in a tie for first, then the Sox play the Twins on Tuesday in #163, in Chicago, where the Twins can't win. Then whoever wins that will fly to St. Petersburg to play the Rays. No rest for the wicked, huh.