SATURDAY

Philadelphia (Jamie Moyer?) @ Milwaukee (Johnny Wholestaff), 6:30pm ET

Chicago Cubs (Rich Harden) @ LA Dodgers (Hideki Kuroda), 10:00pm ET

SUNDAY

Games if necessary, times to be determined

TUESDAY

Game Fives, if necessary

Guest Vitamin X

We need a Cubs-Brewers NLCS. It has to happen.

I think Brewers-Phillies is going to be an amazing series. 6 games or so, I have no idea who'll win. I think the Cubs are a better team than the Dodgers overall, but L.A. is still very capable of winning it outright. I'm thinking that goes 5.

I think Brewers-Phillies is going to be an amazing series. 6 games or so, I have no idea who'll win. I think the Cubs are a better team than the Dodgers overall, but L.A. is still very capable of winning it outright. I'm thinking that goes 5.

If Brewers/Phillies goes six games, it will be truly amazing.

If the first five games have a combination of 9 extra innings, it will be a sixth game.

BUT YOU CAN'T SCRIPT OCTOBER!!!!

After long deliberation, I've decided I will root for the Phillies to win the N.L. pennant. Did I just jinx them?

I think the Phillies will win in 4, but if the Brewers can eke out a win in a non-Sabathia start (assuming he wins game 2, of course) and he starts game 5 then I think I'd have to change that prediction. Are they going to risk throwing Sheets out there for that one game? It'd kind of be a shame if he couldn't pitch after all the time he's put in in Milwaukee.

And Cubs in 4.

Sheets is done for the year. He has a torn flexor mass muscle. Sounds like it should heal over the off season. Could be likely the Brewers offer him arbitration and he is with them again next year, since his chances of getting a multi year deal from another team are looking dim.

I won't bother with predictions, since I obviously want the Brewers winning.

Damn my early indoctrination... stupid Father and Son game...

I'm not a big baseball guy, but my pops was born and raised in Chicago, and he's a lifelong Cubs fan. So, for his sake, I'm rooting for the Cubs.

I'll take the Phillies in 5 and Cubs in 3. I figure Sabathia will win his start and somehow, some way the Brewers will take another game in Milwaukee to set up a decisive game 5 in Philly. As far as the Cubs go, if they just deal with Manny the best they can the Dodgers shouldn't be a big problem. At most the Dodgers might get 1 game, but I think the Cubs sweep.

I'd like to see Brewers/Dodgers in the NLCS, but considering I never get what I want it'll be Phillies/Cubs in a series where the only way I win is if Wrigley Field implodes on itself and swallows up both teams.

I'd like to see Brewers/Dodgers in the NLCS, but considering I never get what I want it'll be Phillies/Cubs in a series where the only way I win is if Wrigley Field implodes on itself and swallows up both teams.

eli-manning-super-bowl-mvp-new-york-giants.gif

Different sport. It's been 22 years since the Mets won the WS and the last time they got there they were raped by the Yankees. The last three seasons have just been cruel and unusual punishment.

Cubs in 4 over the Dodgers

Game 1 goes to Chicago. Dempster has been stellar at home.

Game 2 goes to the Dodgers. Zambrano has pitched a few good games recently and a few trainwrecks. So I'll go with him falling a part in this one.

Game 3 goes to Chicago. Harden is pitching so this will be a close game. Cubs will eek out a win and get Harden another ND.

Game 4 goes to Chicago. I'm going to assume Dempster or Lilly will pitch and finish the Dodgers off.

Philadelphia in 4 over the Brewers (unless the Brewers figure out a way to get Sabathia to pitch 5 games)

Game 1 goes to Philly. No Sabathia pitching. Hamels on the mound.

Game 2 goes to Milwaukee. Sabathia will be pitching 9 innings and 180 pitches if needed.

Game 3 goes to Philly. No Sabathia.

Game 4 goes to Philly. See game 1 results.

Gallardo is good but he hasn't really proven that he is right now at this very moment ready to be thrust in to a playoff battle and win. He's pitched 4 innings since he's come back. They were darn good innings but they were against the Pirates. Brewers might have had a shot if Ben Sheets wouldn't have gotten broken in half. Gallardo is going to grow up in the bigs REAL fast now.

No one can complain about their favorite team's championship drought unless this fellow was the president the last time the team won it all:

william-taft-picture.jpg

TeddyRoosevelt.jpg

Or this fellow.