TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Playoffs, NL Edition

We'll know if it's really different if Dempster gets through the next inning without giving up a three-run shot to Chris Young.

I had that moment safely blocked from my mind. Thanks for bringing up another "Cub Memory".

And Fuko almost had another one but nice recovery. Looking like the Ryan Dempster of old with the walks...that ain't good.

That top of the 9th was almost like watching a Mets game. Two of their "all-stars" go down swinging in a big spot.

Since when did Met games involve relievers successfully earning saves?

The Brewers were playing the role of the Mets almost perfectly. As I mentioned, the so called big names went down swinging.

So hitters are supposed to easily hit pitchers with sub 2.00 ERAs?

Is there any concern amongst Phillies fans that it's taking Lidge around 90 pitches to close out his saves lately?

Last two appearances he's let 3+ runners on base before closing out the game. That happens. The problem is that this probably leaves him unavailable for tomorrow, or it compromises his effectiveness.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this considering it's for game 4 of the ALCS, but does Anderson Cooper really think anybody is going to turn off their lights? Just fucking try to drive less pepole.

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this considering it's for game 4 of the ALCS, but does Anderson Cooper really think anybody is going to turn off their lights? Just fucking try to drive less pepole.

What's this all about?

I think Charlie should have had Hamels complete the game. He was pitching fine in 8th inning.

He was around 100 pitches, and I don't think he's ready to be that guy who can pitch back to back complete games. If they need him again in this series, he won't be too worn out. At least I hope not. He's already pitched a lot of innings this season, so I kinda side with Manuel on this one.

So nice to see the Cubs of old return for the playoffs...AGAIN! You know what, my dad made a point that it always looks like the entire Cubs team is pressing and he's right. They were chasing everything out of the zone, Dempster was overpitching like crazy and it was just an overall disaster. Not to take away from the Dodgers cause they HAMMERED the Cubs but god damn, they always ALWAYS play like a team that pretends they don't think about the 100 years without a title but are reaallllllly thinking about it.

It's not over but if they play like this again, I want it over in two.

I'm elated that the Dodgers will come back to Los Angeles and give their fans a chance to watch their team playing in a series that ISN'T WRAPPED UP. If Dodger fans are able to watch this team with a chance to clinch, man, this city is going to be amped.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow, because Billingsley tends to get a little wound up. Just stay calm and do what you've gotta do. Do your best to get this team home with a 2-0 lead.

And Victorino with a quick steal. One thing that absolutely amazes me about this club is their ability to steal bases. Rollins stole 47 in 50 attempts. Jayson Werth went 20 for 21. Utley stole 14 of 16. They rarely get caught.

This was the best case scenario for the Phillies. If we lose this game, Milwaukee will have all of the momentum in the world.

I'm not worried about momentum, but it would have taken just one home win to get Sabathia the ball in game five.