TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Playoffs, NL Edition

The interference call at the end of the game was really interesting. I didn't even know the rule could be applied in that fashion.

I feel badly for the Cubs because, barring a miracle, it seems likely that my grandma and grandpa will die without seeing them win the Series. Of course, that can be said about many people and their family members over the years. I am not rooting for them, but I can't really find much joy in seeing them suffer. Well, except for imagining Czech's reaction. But fuck, the Sox aren't doing much better. Bad postseason for Chicago baseball. It's the first time in 102 years that both teams are in, and they're both in danger of being swept.

Soriano is just an incredibly maddening player. I can't call him awful, because he's great when he's on. But he's a raw player who ultimately is what he is. Fontenot, a guy who's only playing because of the continued self-destruction of Fukudome, has put together the best ABs tonight. He had a very good season, actually.

It was clear early that this just isn't happening. The Cubs are definitely choking here, but NOTHING has gone their way and a lot has gone the Dodgers way.

Hey, Bruiser, if you don't want Mike Fontenot, there's a team in New York who'll take him off your hands. Say, do you guys want Aaron Heilman? We'll give ya Aaron Heilman.

The interference call at the end of the game was really interesting. I didn't even know the rule could be applied in that fashion.

Neither Howard or the runner going to 3rd had reached the base before the interference occured, so they have to return to their original base.

and soriano ends it, at least it wasn't on the first pitch

Honestly, I don't know if I have ever seen a team look less excited about being in the postseason then the Cubs this year. They had no fire at all.

Now all I need is the Phillies gone and I'll be content with any team winning the World Series this year.

I've got no problem with Fontenot. I'd love for him to see more playing time in 2009.

2003 will always be the most crushing given the circumstances, but this is devastating in a completely different way. This team should've chugged along to the World Series and they didn't win a single game. The Dodgers had their breaks, but the Cubs did virtually nothing in the 27 innings of baseball played that indicated they even belonged to be participating in a postseason game.

For those of you keeping score at home, Soriano made the final out in Game 3 last year, too. He had a very good season, but for what he's paid, he's awful. I cannot wait until they decide to eat the rest of that contract and unload him. He does not fit the mold of where this team looks like it is going offensively.

There isn't a lot this team needs to do. I doubt they can match their win total in 2009, but as teams keep proving, it's just a matter of making the playoffs. Anyone who followed this team should be able to tell you they were looking like World Series material almost all year. They just choked. Simple as that. I can't get mad. I'm not happy, but for whatever reason, I feel nothing. Maybe I died in the living room or something.