TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Divisional Playoffs, AL Edition

We're only two batters into the game and those cowbells have already gotten annoying. It's worst than the Rally Monkey/Thunderstix era Angels. I almost want the Rays to lose now just so I don't have to hear that throughout the playoffs.

In the same way that Marlins fans are. Those stadiums are ghost towns whenever the teams aren't in contention, but then suddenly all of the "die hards" come out of hiding when it's time for a playoff run.

That Longoria kid is pretty good.

In the same way that Marlins fans are. Those stadiums are ghost towns whenever the teams aren't in contention, but then suddenly all of the "die hards" come out of hiding when it's time for a playoff run.

Are they supposed to sell out every game when their team has been historically shitty? You have to give fans a reason to come out to the ballpark in the first place, especially when it's a place like the Trop. I don't see it as a reason to hate the fanbase when the Rays have never done a good job at being able to build one up in the first place.

Just out of curiosity, why do people here always look for reasons to hate these non-established playoff teams? This year it's the Rays, last year was the Rockies, and I found more Astro haters in 2005 here than anywhere else in my entire life (including living in Cardinal country at Mizzou).

I don't know many people who like the White Sox. I'm just surprised to see any Rays hate, especially since they seemed like a popular feel-good story before and during the season.

I don't hate the Rays... although, along the line of what Cheech said, my opinion is subject to change at any time for any reason

I do, however, hate their park

Now Mohawk fever has swept Tampa Bay. They need to be swept out of the playoffs. Also, that dome is ugly.

They're calling them Ray-hawks.

By the time everyone is playing in a Camden Yards clone, I'm going to miss "shitty" ballparks like the Trop, Metrodome, and Shea, ect.