TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Got tickets to a sneak preview of this tonight. Very good movie. Yes, it's a bit on the chick flick side but Michael Cera is amazing as usual and there is a pretty good soundtrack. Baruchel plays a good sleazebag and all of the gay bandmates are hilarious.

I'd go see it this weekend if you get the chance.

I love Michael Cera, but I hate Kat Dennings. So I don't know. I'm sure I'll end up seeing it.

Does anybody know if the title is a reference to The Thin Man?

Saw this a week or so ago. I didn't care for the bits of gross-out humor (the gum) and a bit at the end seemed off to me, but otherwise I thought it was fantastic.

How can anyone with a soul remotely hate Kat Dennings?

She's probably one of my favourite actresses out there.

I don't see how anyone could hate her either, BUT, favorite actress? How's that possible when the last five years of your resume stacks up like this (thanks, IMDB!):

- Nick & Norah...

- House Bunny

- Charlie Bartlett

- Big Momma's House 2

- 5 episodes of ER

- 2 episodes of CSI

- 40-Year-Old Virgin

- Raise Your Voice

I like the chick, don't get me wrong, but that's some pretty liberal use of the word "favorite."

I dunno, guys. I've seen the preview and all I can think is that, despite the fact that I like the guy I'll be seeing "Michael Cera is....MICHAEL CERA". I can only take so many awkward moments in a movie. Though Kat Dennings is pretty good.

I dunno about Michael Cera playing himself in this one. There are some instances where his self-playing comes in, but I think this is at least a little departure from Superbad and Juno for him. Not a lot, but it's a start.

Yeah, they are looking damn good in the movie. Cera totally

gives her an orgasm (off-screen, unfortunately)

too there in the movie.

As for Cera playing himself... yeah, a little. But like it's been said, not totally. Although some of the awkward Michael Cera type lines were my favorite parts. It wasn't the character in total, though.

I just really really like her- that's something about her. She's very fall in loveable.

Oh shit, I agree with Bob on something.

I just really really like her- that's something about her. She's very fall in loveable.

Oh shit, I agree with Bob on something.

Gotta be the great jugs.

Oh shit, I agree with Curry on something.

I was very surprised at how enjoyable this movie was. I found out last week that MTV produced it so I was expecting some lame story with contrived dialouge but got a highly entertaining comedy with some excellent dramatic elements. There were a few too many gross out moments for me though. Oh and

John Cho's cameo was incredibly random

Oh and yes, Michael Cera has one character but it's still funny, at least to me. He actualy showed more range this time, it wasn't a huge step or anything but it's a start. I'll give it to more movies before it gets old.

The local reviewer compaired it to Sixteen Candles and Say Anything. This might be the first High School movie I would enjoy made in a long, long, time.

Just came back from this. I liked it. I even liked Kat Dennings, though I've not really changed my mind on her. Islands were on the soundtrack! That was cool. And Nick had the Funeral cover art hung up on his wall, that was also really cool. Cool.