TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

How about maybe they should just wake up and realize that a horribly uncompelling and boring show isn't going to draw a good rating?

Of course they SHOULD do that.

BUt the thing is, WILL they?

Yeah, seriously. This summer was pretty good, and now you're all back to bitching, thinking it's the end of the world. You're not going to get a good product week after week, so deal with it.

This summer had great shows that drew poor ratings. Stop crying.

RE: The trips won't let that happen comment.

I meant I was thinking that trips would most likely take the SS match spot. i later realised that since he has the strap he most likely won't. but at that time the idea of a bunch of midcarders(I would assume so through the way they are treated), wouldn't get the SS match over one of the most powerful men in the company. he's not a devil or anything, but seeing as those men aren't exactly ME people (Punk when he was champion used to appear midshow, rarely in ME spot). So that was my thought at the time. Now I realise that Trips probably won't be in the SS match as he'll defend the strap. My bad for the comment.

I echo the DiBiase remarks. He shows promise but he's such a vanilla, bland wrestler right now that is no different from a dozen other guys. Why not go with a variation of the Million Dollar Man gimmick, with him as a spoiled brat. Have him throw money around, use the seasonal residence gimmick, give him a manservant, drive around in sports cars.

Marty Jannetty pulled the HBK blog off his MySpace a few hours after he posted it.

WWE.Com has done a "Where Are They Now?" feature on Barry Horowitz.

I'm a bit on the fence with Cyber Sunday. I enjoy shows where people vote on things, and Cogeco is STILL listing the price for the SD feed as $34.99 (so I'll feel like I need to take advantage of this error), and who isn't psyched for the costume contest (I believe they announced Kelly Kelly was dressing as Sailor Moon, if I heard Lawler correctly)?

Still, I don't like the idea of watching something in standard definition in 4:3 if an HD feed is available (but with the $5 mystery discount, it's now $15 more - that's kind of a rip off) and nothing on the card seems all that exciting. I'm most looking forward to a comedy match!

I echo the DiBiase remarks. He shows promise but he's such a vanilla, bland wrestler right now that is no different from a dozen other guys. Why not go with a variation of the Million Dollar Man gimmick, with him as a spoiled brat. Have him throw money around, use the seasonal residence gimmick, give him a manservant, drive around in sports cars.

You know what would be perfect? Randy Orton gets voted in over Stone Cold and HBK, defying all logic. The announcers say this is the first time Shawn has lost a fan vote at Cyber Sunday. Whatever the result, Orton, Priceless, and Manu beat down Batista to end the show. Then they reveal the next night on Raw that although it cost thousands of dollars in texts, DiBiase was easily able to buy enough votes for Randy so that they could wreak havoc.

You know what would be perfect? Randy Orton gets voted in over Stone Cold and HBK, defying all logic. The announcers say this is the first time Shawn has lost a fan vote at Cyber Sunday. Whatever the result, Orton, Priceless, and Manu beat down Batista to end the show. Then they reveal the next night on Raw that although it cost thousands of dollars in texts, DiBiase was easily able to buy enough votes for Randy so that they could wreak havoc.

I like it, it'd shit on the fans and probably kill the Cyber Sunday concept, but still I like it.

I like it, it'd shit on the fans and probably kill the Cyber Sunday concept, but still I like it.

Has anyone here actually texted a vote? I'm sorry, but my phone bill costs enough without having to add in text messaging fees, plus $.99 per vote just for something that's probably rigged anyway. I voted for a no holds barred match, but I dare anyone to say the Undertaker vs Big Show match won't end up being a knockout match.

Dibiase buying #30 in the Royal Rumble in 1990 didn't kill the Rumble concept.

I'm going to Cyber Sunday and I still don't want to pay $1 a vote. There's certain things I want to see, but nothing on the card screams I have to vote. I am tempted to vote for Evan Bourne because a Bourne/Hardy match could really pick up the show, but Cyber Sunday it doesn't matter what gets voted in, they will still incorporate who and what they want to (see Kane/Snitsky in 04, when the finish involved the gimmick they were pushing, not the gimmick that won)

Dibiase buying #30 in the Royal Rumble in 1990 didn't kill the Rumble concept.

That was the Rumble, and the fans had no say in who got in to the Rumble.

I am watching the World Series and they just aired a commercial for a celebrity edition of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? The last celebrity advertised was "WWE's Goldberg!"

Oops.