TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Best pre match interviews?

Wrestlemania VIII - Bret Hart & Roddy Piper solely for the fact that they were both faces coming into the match and with one simple shove, Roddy cements himself the heel role (playing it up even further in the match).

Wrestlemania VIII - Bret Hart & Roddy Piper solely for the fact that they were both faces coming into the match and with one simple shove, Roddy cements himself the heel role (playing it up even further in the match).

This was the first one that came to mind when I saw the thread. I always liked Bret and Mr. Perfect before their KOTR 93 match as well.

I cant view videos at work, so EHME, I'm sorry if this is what you posted already, but Rock's pre-Hogan WM18 match promo always pops in to my mind first when this topic comes up.

GET ON YOUR KNEES, COACH!

I cant view videos at work, so EHME, I'm sorry if this is what you posted already, but Rock's pre-Hogan WM18 match promo always pops in to my mind first when this topic comes up.

The video links to The Nation's pre match interview at No Way Out 1998, when they were about wrestle Ahmed/Shamrock/DOA... The Rock's expressions while Faarooq was talking was classic.

I also like Rock's bizarre antics prior to facing Goldberg...in fact, he was bizarre during the match as well. Really weird stuff going on with him that night.

The Rock had another good one at WMXX before him and Foley took on Evolution.

The Rock his it out of the park at WrestleMania X8, XIX and XX. All three were not only great, but different as well.

Agree with Jake the Snake's "wallowing in the muck of avarice" promo from WrestleMania VI.

I really like the somber interview segments that Gene Okerlund conducted with Ric Flair throughout the course of the Starrcade '93 PPV. It really emphasized the importance of his career threatening match with Vader.

And I always get a kick out of the Fabulous Freebirds interview at Great American Bash '90.

Jeff Hardy before he faced The Undertaker in a Ladder Match for The WWE Title over 6 years ago. He was backstage with Matt and Lita, then starting screaming and spazzing out to get himself fired up for his first WWE Title/World Championship Match. I don't know if was my all time favorite pre match interview, but it sure as hell was memorable.

Jeff Hardy before he faced The Undertaker in a Ladder Match for The WWE Title over 6 years ago. He was backstage with Matt and Lita, then starting screaming and spazzing out to get himself fired up for his first WWE Title/World Championship Match. I don't know if was my all time favorite pre match interview, but it sure as hell was memorable.