Game 1: Thu 10/9 LAD @ PHI 8:22pm

Game 2: Fri 10/10 LAD @ PHI 4:35pm

Game 3: Sun 10/12 PHI @ LAD 8:22pm

Game 4: Mon 10/13 PHI @ LAD 8:22pm

Game 5: Wed 10/15 PHI @ LAD 8:22pm*

Game 6: Fri 10/17 LAD @ PHI 8:22pm*

Game 7: Sat 10/18 LAD @ PHI 8:22*

* - if necessary

This is a tough series to call since I don't really know if the Dodgers are this good or if the Cubs were just that awful in that series. When in doubt I'll go with the team that seems to have a bit better starting pitching, the Dodgers. I'm not 100% sold on a team making the World Series with an ancient Jamie Moyer leading the team in wins.

Dodgers in 6.

Dodgers in 6.

I believe they split the season series 4-4, with both sweeping at home. However, this has been before Manny and Furcal. Manny has been such a difference maker in the lineup for the Dodgers, its spread to everyone. For the Dodgers to win however, they need better production from their 4-7 hitters. I think Joe may bat Matt Kemp fifth for this series, and he needs to step it up big. The Dodger pitching has been solid all year, so I don't expect them to tank here. On paper, the Phillies have the clear advantage, but thats what everyone said about the Cubs.

Obviously, I want the Dodgers to win. But if they happen to lose, I can take solace in the fact that a guy I know from Glenwood High School, Jayson Werth, will play in the World Series. He's a good guy, and he's one of the only famous people to come out of Springfield/Chatham Illinois since Abraham Lincoln.

The others are Kevin Gamble, my friends Chris and Jared of the band Augustana (the rest of the band is from elsewhere), and Lanphier High School (my dad's alma mater)'s own Andre Iguodala. Oh, and Jayson's uncle, former Angel, Met, Dodger, and World Series Champion with the Blue Jays, Dick Schofield.

Dodgers in 6.

The Dodgers just seem like that team on a roll this year. Phillies are a decent enough team but they just have all the feel of a team that is maxed out at the NLCS level. That said, I don't think they will completely tank like the Cubs, so the Dodgers will have to do a bit more.

You know what would be ironic if the Dodgers won the WS this year? The notion that Greg Maddux could get another ring as a washed up 4th starter when he only won 1 with the Braves during their glory years.

Just gonna go out and say Dodgers in .... six. Philly sweeps the two home games then goes on to lose the next four with the one back in Philly just being a laugher of a game.

Since I was in a bit of a rush last time, let me expand on my prediction a bit.

1. The Phillies swept the Dodgers in four games last series, WITH Manny Ramirez in their lineup.

2. The Dodgers' front three of the rotation is all right-handed pitchers. It's lefties who give Utley and Howard problems.

3. The Dodgers still only won 84 games this season.

One interesting note about this postseason. If it ends up Rays vs. Phillies in the World Series, it will be father vs. Son in the broadcast booths. Harry Kalas does tv for the Phillies, son Todd works tv for the Rays.

1. The Phillies swept the Dodgers in four games last series, WITH Manny Ramirez in their lineup.

And the Dodgers swept them in four games a week and a half prior to that. Without Rafael Furcal.

I dunno if Al's going to the game live tonight, so I'll take the initiative to run with the baseball chat tonight, if anyone's interested

AIM: tsmbaseballchat

I'll start it up around 7:10 CST or so

Part of me wants the Phillies to win because they are the better team and Al's good people. The other part of me wants the Dodgers to win to lessen the blow of the Cubs having their heads stomped in.

McCarver already with a gem tonight: Ruiz usually sucks those balls up.

If you thought Fox used up all their "Ba da da daaaaa" music for the In Memoriam of Yankee Stadium ASG, apparently they have plenty left over

Eh, I think the Dodgers can take game 2 tomorrow with Brett Myers on the mound for Philly. That's all LA is after, just the 1 game on the road. I can't help but think Lidge is due to implode on the Phillies. He's almost been too good this year.

Watching last night, they showed a few video packages highlighting mainly the NLCS in 1983. The Phillies and Dodgers though had far more memorable encounters over the years. A few highlights.

1947: Led by manager Ben Chapman, the Phillies engage in disgraceful bench jockeying of Dodgers' star Jackie Robinson. Chapman is forced to apologize later in the season for his behaviour.

1950: Phillies defeat the Dodgers on the last day of the season, 4-1 in 10 innings, to clinch the NL pennant. A loss would have sent the teams into a best-of-three playoff.

1977: The Phillies suffer what I consider their most devestating franchise loss. Leading by two runs in game three, the Phillies give up three runs in the top of the ninth, all with two outs. A double off Greg Luzinski's glove and a safe call at first are particularly costly. Larry Bowa and Davey Lopes, now coaching for opposite teams, still argue about that call. The Dodgers go on to win in four games.

1978: The Dodgers again defeat the Phillies 3-1 in the NLCS. Bill Russell drives in Ron Cey in the 10th to score the walkoff run.

1990: August 21. Trailing 11-3 going into the top of the ninth, the Phillies score nine runs and win 12-11.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/LA...199008210.shtml

Seriously, giving up an RBI single to the pitcher?

I didn't get a chance to watch last night's game until after it had ended due to being occupied with moving a shit ton of furniture. I'm able to watch the whole game today, though. I just hope the Dodgers can pull it out. Still a long way to go.

They'd still have a very good chance going back to LA being down 0-2, but I'd feel much more comfortable if they split the 2 games in Philadelphia. The Phillies are a damn good team.