TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2008 NLCS: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Well we have a ratings/census argument in the ALCS thread...is nobody watching Chad Billingsley shit the bed, Torre bringing in Chan Ho Park with the bases loaded (and somehow getting out of it without giving up a run)?

3-0 Phillies after 2 and a half.

The reason I haven't posted in here that much all series is because I'm really fucking disappointed. I thought we would do it. We won a series, I'm happy about that!

Gotta lock up Manny and build on this from there. If we can't keep him, we've got some issues.

Yay Phillies!!

Congrats are in order to the Phillies. It would've been great to see a Cubs/Phillies series, because this was pretty damn lopsided. LA was the inferior team and it was painfully clear almost the entire duration of the series.

I almost wanted to cry. This is the moment I found out how emotionally invested I am in these Philadelphia sports teams. My love is baseball so the Phillies going to the WS where they have a chance against TB or Boston make me just wanna stay home tomorrow and take it all in.

Congrats to Al, zio, milliondollarchamp and the other Phillies fans on the board. The Phillies were the better all year and proved it when it counted. There is no shame in losing to the better team, and the Phillies proved why they were better. What a solid lineup and pitching staff from top to bottom. Hopefully, you guys break that 25 year drought.

As for the Dodgers, the wild ride comes to an end, a fitting end really. The team's fatal flaw was exposed this series, and it was a flaw that was prevelant all year. I'm looking forward to next season with great anticipation as Looney, Kemp, Ethier, DeWitt and Martin all got immeasurable experience that I hope we can build on. What a wild and memorable season this was. Bittersweet, but after last year's debacle with the vets vs. kids, it was a fun October.

Yeah the Phillies were the better team here and I like that Charlie Manuel basically said "I have Cole Hamels and we're going to kick your ass and not worry about a Game 6." Now they can rest a while.

You know, I wish Torre had started Maddux once in this series. Could it have really hurt considering the lousy starts the Dodgers had in this series?

One thought about the Phillies in the WS: Brad Lidge is a ticking time bomb. He hasn't blown any saves all year and that makes me think he's saving that blown save for a time when it'll truly hurt the Phillies the most.

Guest Smues

I'm watching ESPN and they just showed a post game interview with Furcal. The camera was zoomed in all the way to his mouth, to the point that literally all I could see on my TV were her lips and teeth, mustach, and very bottom of his nose. Clearly the teeth caused the errors! I wish I could screen cap that, as it made me laugh.

Guest Smues

God this Baseball tonight is awesome. So now they go to an interview with Cole Hamels, and what we get is a frozen image of Cole, as the score ticker continues to scroll. And now they try again and the interview actually plays, and the scroll bar is going much faster than it was. Go ESPN go!

Edit: re-watching on my Tivo, I think the whole clip might have been played faster, as both Cole and the chick asking the questions sounded quick and high pitched.

Corey Matthews is banging Topanga HARD right now in excitement. The Phillies are going to the World Series!!!

I am ready to see my first parade bring on the Rays or Red Sox.

Anyone else think Shane Victorino should of been named MVP?

The LA media's stringing up the Dodgers. I guess stomping the Cubs made a lot of people forget that the Dodgers were an 84-win team that had tendencies to look pathetic, even after the addition of Manny.

From what I've heard out of LA these past three games, it seems like LA fans are just as bad, if not worse than Philly fans. Also, their media believes Torre should've taken them to the promised land, when they didn't have that great of a season. It's easy to string a manager up after he definitely mismanaged Game 4, but they need to stop acting like they expected a championship this season and it was a total failure. If anything, they need to be praising Torre for how he handled his team down the stretch and look forward to next year.

What I meant by their fans is I've heard from Philly fans and media who are out in LA for the three games that the LA fans threw shit, beat up people and the like to the point that security had to move the Philly fans to a club box. I know if it was in Philly it'd be one of the top stories right now.

Anthony Gargano is a pretty respected sports personality throughout the country as he has covered the Cubs, Mets, and Red Sox I think (may have been Glen Macnow), and he said one of the postgame reporters from FOX Philly was getting punched, hair pulled, food thrown at her. Yes, her. LA fans take out their anger on women. Nice.

Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest. Ever since hearing that, it's really gotten to me since I have to deal with the Philly fan stereotype all the time from out of towners. Unless someone is a fan of a Philly team and lives inside the city or the suburbs, they really don't have a clue. (ah, and Mark Grace saying "Dodgers need to watch out, they may get batteries thrown at them" not once, but twice really annoys the shit out of me.)

(ah, and Mark Grace saying "Dodgers need to watch out, they may get batteries thrown at them" not once, but twice really annoys the shit out of me.)

Someone tell Mark Grace that JD Drew doesn't play for the Dodgers anymore.

LA is going to have a tough offseason ahead. I hope that they don't get sucked into believing that bringing back Manny is all they need to do. It was a great acquisition and he played out of his mind for a few months, but he's not the long-term answer.

Eh, a case of a few bad apples ruinging the bunch to me. I always knew Dodger fans were rowdy, and I guess it was the perfect time to let it all hang out on the national stage.

And I call major bullshit on the women bashing story zio. Do you have a source for that zio, or just going by heresay? That seems really too outrageous to be true.

And if you are really getting insecure about out of towner fans view Philly fans maybe its time to step back and chill for a bit.

The only worry I have, obviously, is if the week layoff is going to have an effect on the players. I really hope not, because I would love for them to steal a game in the first two and if by some miracle they could win the WS in 5 games I'll stay on Broad Street until they arrest me. Well, maybe not, but you get the point.

Eh, a case of a few bad apples ruinging the bunch to me. I always knew Dodger fans were rowdy, and I guess it was the perfect time to let it all hang out on the national stage.

And I call major bullshit on the women bashing story zio. Do you have a source for that zio, or just going by heresay? That seems really too outrageous to be true.

And if you are really getting insecure about out of towner fans view Philly fans maybe its time to step back and chill for a bit.

I really haven't cared about those infamous Philly fan stories until I have to hear it day after day after day. Of course I could just shut the TV off, but it just sucks me in that the only story people have on Philly is their fans. That's it. It's like it's saved on their hard drive or something and they just switch the opposing teams.

And if those fans were drunk, nothing is really too outrageous to be true.

Something I've been wondering, and maybe alkeiper can help me out. Jimmy Rollins has not been himself this season. I'm not talking about offensively, I'm talking about that guy who looks happy all the time, etc. He has shown no emotion really, and in Game 3 he was shown on the bench yawning and someone patting him on the back. I've been wondering if he has been dealing with personal problems, because nobody has talked about it in the Philly media. Maybe he's just so determined he changed his outlook and is all business? But ever since he came back from that ankle sprain, he just hasn't been the Jimmy Rollins I've seen since 2000. It almost seemed like he wanted out of Philly, especially after his comments on the fans being frontrunners. Just throwing it out there for an other Philly fan to see if they think the same.

It's easy to look excited when you're having an MVP season. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I've still been without net access at the house, which is why I've been absent through most of this. I'll get that back on Saturday. This has been quite the run.