TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 90: Silva vs Cote

Agreed on the undercard, I know people are clamoring for Franca/Aurelio but that fight more or less relies on Franca being exciting because Aurelio isn't though he's said with the bad blood between the two that he wants to kick Franca's ass so maybe he'll bring some fire. If anything I see Fisher's fight being first dibs on making air because Fisher never has a bad fight.

Great opening fight, sick knockout in the second fight. Rich vs Gray was alright, cool seeing Rich try and sneak out of the takedowns and everything.

Joe ripping on the ref was pretty good. He was getting pissed and you could tell

Ando did seem uninterested in the fight though, hands on his hips and the whole let me help you up thing. I didn't really like that

Silva looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in the octagon. He seemed determined to do everything he could to keep physical contact to a minimum. It was very strange.

Ando did seem uninterested in the fight though, hands on his hips and the whole let me help you up thing. I didn't really like that

Silva looked like he wanted to be anywhere but in the octagon. He seemed determined to do everything he could to keep physical contact to a minimum. It was very strange.

Toying with him and was getting ready to take him out before the injury.

Toying with him and was getting ready to take him out before the injury.

This wasn't toying with someone. Silva looked completely bored for the entire fight, like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Alves clearly won the fight, but Koscheck showed a lot of heart staying in there. Some of those leg kicks from Alves were brutal. He'll make a dangerous challenger for GSP.

Fuck all the haters...

Koscheck deserves respect for taking a fight against someone as dangerous as Thiago Alves in 2 weeks, and still making it a good fight. He has tons of potential, but Alves/GSP would make a more interesting fight due to styles.

Oh yeah, Alves would fuck up Fitch this time around.

It was quite clear that Silva was mocking Cote. I don't know why. It's very unlike him, but he was clearly mocking him. At times, he ran away for no reason, at others he adopted the same stance Cote was using, at others he'd randomly throw his hands around for no reason, hell at one point he fucking started doing a capoeira dance. Even when Cote tried to get to the ground and Silva was standing over him...He threw two obviously joke kicks, and even offered to help Cote up.

Cote must have done something to piss Silva off. He usually tries to get things over with as quickly as possible, but he seemed to almost allowing Cote to live just so he could try and humiliate him.

My friend theorized that Silva may have been trying to make the fight more entertaining. It was pretty clear from the bursts of offense that he hit Cote with, that he probably could have finished him but he just...didn't want to.

Very bizarre.

Best Sherk fight ever that didn't involve him getting ass raped by GSP.

Huge highlight reel KO by Dos Santos on a slow and fat-looking Werdum, definitely want to see more of him.

Maynard/Clementi was what i expected, Maynard getting takedowns at will and Clementi being tough and experienced enough to survive to lose a decision. Most interesting thing was the dumbass ref constantly telling them to work no matter what they were doing. It's almost a shame he didn't actually end up standing them up, Rogan would have gone off even more.

Alves looked great, if he wasn't already next in line for a shot at GSP (or Penn...) he must be now, that's a fight i need to see. Good fight, and full credit to Koscheck for taking the fight and reaching a decision despite looking finished on a couple of occasions.

The main event was strange even before the finish, Cote didn't take the fight to the 3rd round so much as Anderson let him. Whenever Silva engaged he was beating Cote's ass, but then he'd stop and dance around for 5 minutes for no real reason. The only reason i even slightly cared was to see Cote get annihilated, and not only do we not get that we'll probably waste another Silva fight with a rematch.

And yes, LOL @ McFedries. Until he gets a ground game he should never be seen again. Hopefully Leites' next fight is against a contender, one or two big wins and he's right in the title shot picture. Either Maia or a Marquardt rematch sound good to me.

I have what Cote is saying it is...After an ACL tear, I was experiencing issues where something in my knee would "pop" out with a visible jerk like his. It would basically lock my knee up with incredible pain until I popped it back in. It's not an ACL tear persay, but something related to it. I honestly have no idea what it is though, despite having it.

Even after his knee popped back in, there's no way he could have fought. That weakens your knee heavily. It takes days or weeks to fully recover from it. I think cote described it exactly as I used to, "Knee popped out".

I've never seen anyone's body rebel against fighting Silva like that before.

And I'll add to the "Fuck that ref" noise during the Maynard/Clementi fight. My buddy and I were continuously beat to the punch by the ref when we were about to jokingly say "C'mon guys".

And while I could take or leave Koscheck before tonight, he really did prove how tough of a m'erfucker he really is.

It seems pretty clear that Silva did not take Cote serious one bit. I'm a big Cote fan, but he really didn't deserve the fight yet.

How long does an injury like that keep guys out?

And yes, LOL @ McFedries. Until he gets a ground game he should never be seen again. Hopefully Leites' next fight is against a contender, one or two big wins and he's right in the title shot picture. Either Maia or a Marquardt rematch sound good to me.

We keep harping on the fact that McFedries has no ground game, and it's at the point where it's not worth talking about it anymore.