TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

WWE SmackDown! - October 24, 2008

Smackdown

* Triple H opens SmackDown by explaining why he doesn't like Vickie Guerrero and talking about his match with The Undertaker. Jeff Hardy comes out and interrupts him and says he is confident he will get voted in. Vladimir Kozlov comes out and interrupts them both by saying he will be champ. Triple H pedigrees Hardy to end the segment.

* Triple H is shown backstage running into the Undertaker. They have a staredown.

* Maryse & Natalya b. Maria & Michelle McCool

- During the match Jesse & Festus come out and interrupt the match with some mariachis. They distract Maria and McCool. Maryse gets the win with the rollup pinfall.

* Carlito & Primo Colon b. Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely

- Chavo & Bam argue throughout the match. Bam swings at Chavo and misses letting Carlito get the pinfall.

* Backstage Michelle McCool confronts Maria and asks her what happened. Maria says she needs to find Festus.

* R-Truth & Kung Fu Naki b. MVP & Shelton Benjamin

- Fu Naki and MVP start the match. It goes back and forth until Fu Naki gets the win with a kung fu type kick.

* The Great Khali comes out with a sack of mail claiming to be love letters from women wanting to kiss him. The Kiss Cam starts up and they pick someone from the crowd for him to kiss. He asks for a second girl. Ranjin Singh moves the pretty one aside and tells Khali to kiss the unattractive one.

The Undertaker cuts a promo talking about Vickie, Big Show, and his match later tonight with Triple H.

* The Brian Kendrick b. Super Crazy

- Brian Kendrick got the quick win. Ezekiel Jackson beat up on Super Crazy after the match.

* Triple H vs. Undertaker

- The match is back and forth in the beginning. Undertaker goes for old school but Triple H pulls him down. Later on in the match both go down with a double clothesline. Punches are exchanged. Later in the match Triple H goes for the pedigree and Undertaker counters it slingshotting Triple H into the turnbuckle. Undertaker goes for old school again but Triple H counters it and hits a suplex.

The match is taken outside and Triple H gets thrown into the stairs. Triple H counters the last ride with a neck breaker. Undertaker goes for a chokeslam but Triple H counters it for a near fall. Undertaker goes for another chokeslam, Triple H counters attempting another pedigree, Undertaker counters.

Big Show comes running out and attacks Undertaker. Triple H comes in with a chair and hits Big Show. Show chokeslams Triple H, beats up Undertaker with the chair as SmackDown goes off the air.

F4W

How long's it been since the Undertaker made a legit backstage appearance? By legit I mean not trying to play mind games or some shit.

I was thinking the same thing. All I can remember is when Teddy Long mediated a contract signing backstage in the dark between him and Paul Heyman for his match with Heidenreich at Survivor Series 2004.

WHAT THE FUCK? MVP JOBS TO FUNAKI? FUCK THE WWE FOR REAL.

MVP's current storyline is that he needs one more win to receive some perks from his contract, so expect to see him jobbing for the next few weeks atleast.

MVP's current storyline is that he needs one more win to receive some perks from his contract, so expect to see him jobbing for the next few weeks atleast.

Will he job to Super Crazy next?

I hope they realize that the more MVP jobs out on a weekly basis the harder it will be to get him over again if they ever decide to push him. I still say he needs to flip out and demand a trade to Raw.

So THE BOARD~! is a reputable news source now?

I'm not doubting them, but come on now, let's wait for them to actually get posted. If someone takes the time to post them on the board, you'd think they would e-mail Dave or Bryan to put them on the main page so I'm sure they'll show up anyway (if they haven't already), but it's safer to wait.

I'm not doubting them, but come on now, let's wait for them to actually get posted. If someone takes the time to post them on the board, you'd think they would e-mail Dave or Bryan to put them on the main page so I'm sure they'll show up anyway (if they haven't already), but it's safer to wait.

They had the ECW show up before it aired, so I seen no reason to think it was false, but HEY! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY! WILL CHANGE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME.

That looks really horrible. I'm will not watch any of that. I don't even have a fish fry to go to and I'm still not watching that shit.

Does everything that HHH touches turn to diarrhea lately or....?

.......I really want to say something about this but.....nahhhh. :D

Triple H pedigrees Hardy to end the segment.

YAY!

PEDIGREE TIME, BABY!

pedigree.gif

:headbang:

Badass. I miss the old style Pedigree of keeping the guy's arms hooked throughout the move. :headbang:

WTF is Kung Fu Naki?? Please tell me that this isn't Naofumi Yamamoto...

That's Funaki. WWE's #1 jobber for the past 9 years, with some stupid-ass new gimmick "given to him" by R-Truth a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, this why I don't watch SD! anymore.

DCH really hates HHH. Must be H envy.

I don't I just find him boring and stupid. One of the reasons I avoid watching SD. But Maria is hot enough for me to tune into 15 minutes of the midcard. Then I just switch the tv off again.

Triple H pedigrees Hardy to end the segment.

YAY!

PEDIGREE TIME, BABY!

pedigree.gif

:headbang:

Badass. I miss the old style Pedigree of keeping the guy's arms hooked throughout the move. :headbang:

Yeah, but as badass as it looks, I can only imagine the number of broken noses it can cause my staying hooked the entire time.

I don't I just find him boring and stupid. One of the reasons I avoid watching SD. But Maria is hot enough for me to tune into 15 minutes of the midcard. Then I just switch the tv off again.

So you sit in your chair, turn on the TV and change the channel to whatever your MyNetwork TV channel is, and see if Maria is on? If she isn't, you turn off your TV and wait five or ten minutes before turning your TV on again? If Maria isn't there, do you repeat this step?

Look, I don't care if you hate HHH or love him, the guy is a machine. I met him in person to get an autograph for his book, and he really was able to have a real conversation. I don't care about his politicking or boringness, the guy is awesome and even remembers me when I've seen him at events and the like. I think Triple H is one of the most misunderstood guys of this generation because all anyone on here can go by is what Meltzer says, and Meltzer is always painting HHH as a bad guy. The only time I can really remember being annoyed by HHH is the apparent story that Umaga couldn't get "HHH's color" on his tights.

So you sit in your chair, turn on the TV and change the channel to whatever your MyNetwork TV channel is, and see if Maria is on? If she isn't, you turn off your TV and wait five or ten minutes before turning your TV on again? If Maria isn't there, do you repeat this step?

Look, I don't care if you hate HHH or love him, the guy is a machine. I met him in person to get an autograph for his book, and he really was able to have a real conversation. I don't care about his politicking or boringness, the guy is awesome and even remembers me when I've seen him at events and the like. I think Triple H is one of the most misunderstood guys of this generation because all anyone on here can go by is what Meltzer says, and Meltzer is always painting HHH as a bad guy. The only time I can really remember being annoyed by HHH is the apparent story that Umaga couldn't get "HHH's color" on his tights.

No, I check spoilers, see when Maria appears, make an approximate time in my head, tune to FOX8 (channel in Australia that broadcasts Raw, SD, ECW, Impact, Experience and Classic Collection (or some other old match show)) and watch the match. I also watch Jeff Hardy and TBK, because they're on my Fantasy roster. If I can be bothered. I honestly used to really like Triple H, but stupid shit backstage such as the SDvRaw 2009 screenshot issue and his stale character seem to piss me off. He's just boring. If he became a monster heel again or something fresh I would actually enjoy it.

I don't wanna come off as defending HHH or calling out DCH (I was just joking above), but I kind of see the logic from a marketing standpoint in not showing The Video Game Game in danger. If you look at it from the standpoint that HHH is a top draw/world champion and that the majority of the people buying the game are adolescents/marks, they're going into the game thinking "HHH is the best wrestler in the world! Jim Ross says so! I bet he'll be the shit in the new game!". Which, in theory, they wouldn't think if they saw screenshots of HHH laid out. I know it's a reach (and doesn't include any conspiracy theories), but I doubt HHH himself is even aware of the policy.