TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

WWE General Discussion-November 2008

I remmeber the "Untrue Story of Professional Wrestling" one being really good. Haven't seen it in years, though.

This may be the same documentary, but I remember years back, (it may have been during the Attitude Era Boom) there was a documentary that aired, and the very last clip it showed, was super slo-mo footage of Disco Inferno kicking La Parka in the head, and the kick missed by a country mile. HOORAY FOR LONG SENTENCES!

From the Observer -

WWE officials are reportedly fed up with certain wrestlers who continually failed marijuana tests.

In recent weeks, a couple of wrestlers were told outright to stop using now and warned them discipline for use is going to get a lot more serious soon.

One wrestler in particular has failed for pot 11 or 12 times and his push of not that long ago was stopped. Another planned push for the wrestler has been slowed down.

No word yet on who the wrestler in question is, but it is not MVP, who is on a thirteen match losing streak on television. MVP's status in WWE is due to a number of other factors, mainly saying a rude comment to drug testing official back in August.

So who ya got?

I'll pick Ricky Ortiz for whatever reason the bookers liked the guy and then he disappeared. Another possibility could be one of Hawkins/Ryder because they've gone from Tag Champs to possibly being split up.

WWE.com announced a Survivor Series tag...

Team HBK

HBK, Rey Mysterio, Great Khali, & Cryme Tyme vs.

Team JBL

JBL, Kane, MVP, John Morrison, & Miz

Sounds good to me, although there has to be one with Batista & Orton as captains, I assume.

Team HBK

Team JBL

Sounds good to me, although there has to be one with Batista & Orton as captains, I assume.

I had to say that I didn't believe that shit for a second... but sure enough... WWE.com has confirmed it.

This is already the greatest WWE PPV of all time. Like WrestleMania III, In Your House 2 and Unforgiven '99 all rolled into one!

Team HBK

Team JBL

Looks like they'll stick to all three brands represented on a team.

I figure the other Elimination Match will be something along the lines of

Batista, Punk, Kingston, Jeff and Matt Hardy/R-Truth (depends if they want to do a ECW title match)

Vs

Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick/Mark Henry

Team HBK

Team JBL

I had to say that I didn't believe that shit for a second... but sure enough... WWE.com has confirmed it.

This is already the greatest WWE PPV of all time. Like WrestleMania III, In Your House 2 and Unforgiven '99 all rolled into one!

Team HBK

Team JBL

As in I didn't believe his post until I visited the company-sponsored site personally... smartass.

That makes more sense. I thought you were calling Aero a potential liar.

I needed to hear (or read) from the horse's mouth (or website) that HBK, Khali, Rey Misterio and Cryme Tyme were going to comprise a Survivor Series Team. Though I don't think that anybody from TSM could have made that one up.

I figure the other Elimination Match will be something along the lines of

Batista, Punk, Kingston, Jeff and Matt Hardy/R-Truth (depends if they want to do a ECW title match)

Vs

Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, Shelton Benjamin and Brian Kendrick/Mark Henry

I think, judging from Smackdown, they might be going with a HHH/Koslov/Hardy triple threat since they didn't get to do it at Cyber Sunday. Just seems weird to have Jeff suddenly developing this aggresive streak in pursuit of the title if it's not leading to a title shot at the next PPV.

In which case, I'd say Batista, Punk, Kingston, Matt and Truth vs. Orton, Rhodes, Manu, Shelton and Henry would be more likely. Or, if they go with a Matt/Henry ECW Title Match, then I guess you've got Santino/someone feuding for the IC Title, Finlay/someone suitable (maybe Knox?), or god forbid Dreamer/Swagger to replace them.

Have the announcers ever mentioned the fact that Jesse is Terry Gordy's son?

I don't think so. I do remember "Ray Gordy" appearing in a jobber role a couple years ago (I think on an episode of Smackdown), and I don't believe they mentioned it even then.

Kind of weird, since a New Freebirds or Freebird-esque group in the future with Terry Gordy Jr. would seem to be a no-brainer as a midcard tag team act. Although Jesse and Festus seem to be doing fine.

Jesse (as Terry Ray Gordy) would've been a perfect addition to the Priceless group, IMO.

Also, Random: I really hated Orton's new theme when it first came out but now I have the damn thing stuck in my head! It's all SvR's fault!!

Jesse (as Terry Ray Gordy) would've been a perfect addition to the Priceless group, IMO.

I could kind of see that down the line. It's too bad he wasn't blessed with his dad's bulk and in-ring skills (well, he probably has the mat skills, just not the size). The presence of Rhodes and Dibiase already would kind of make him a fifth wheel with Manu already in the mix.

He could always leave for a couple months and go to OVW, and come back with an altered hair cut and look as Terry Ray Gordy, and most marks wouldn't realize he was Jesse anyway, as long as he dropped the hokey accent.

I HATE Manu in the Legacy Stable. He's a terrible fit. Joe Hennig is close in FCW, and I think he'd be perfect - a Dibiase, a Hennig and a Rhodes...

Not to mention Manu's Umaga-like pants/boots combo looks stupid.

I don't know. I think Manu fits as the muscle/enforcer type of the group. I could easily see them doing an angle where Dibiase comes back all pissed off, blames Manu for the group's problems, and gets Cody to turn on him. Then maybe Manu goes face and teams up with some one (any other Samoans they're looking to bring up?) to feud with the Priceless group.

I don't know. I think Manu fits as the muscle/enforcer type of the group. I could easily see them doing an angle where Dibiase comes back all pissed off, blames Manu for the group's problems, and gets Cody to turn on him. Then maybe Manu goes face and teams up with some one (any other Samoans they're looking to bring up?) to feud with the Priceless group.

If there's no other Samoans they could bring up, they could easily "civilize" Umaga (remove the savage act and make him more along the lines of Manu) and team the two of them together.

I'm sure at some point in history they've teamed before.

Civalize Umaga?

I think all the times Umaga gets on the mic and just stares blindly at it looking confused says this is a good idea.

Then again, Khali barking at the guy on the phone during McMahon's Million Dollar Giveaway was a good idea.

A friend and I were discussing Umaga the other night. We thought it would be funny to have Umaga bump into Manu at Survivor Series or something, and say in a quiet, normal voice, "poser".

A friend and I were discussing Umaga the other night. We thought it would be funny to have Umaga bump into Manu at Survivor Series or something, and say in a quiet, normal voice, "poser".

Wait, who would say "poser"...Manu or Umaga?

Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali, and Cryme Tyme vs. JBL, Miz, Morrison, MVP, and Kane? Those are some wacky teams. And I thought Kane/Mysterio was supposed to be over after last night?