TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008

UFC 92 was a perfect ending for MMA this year!

I think Dana has learned his lesson from the Cro Cop fiasco and will set up Evans vs Rampage immediately.

Brock vs Mir oustrips Penn vs GSP for me in terms of the biggest fight in 2009. If Brock( and he will) beats Mir, it demands that Brock fights Fedor if the Affliction champ is successful in his title bout.

Fedor and M-1 has already called out Brock and the UFC to a cross-promotional event...

They did it like 2 days after he won the title, lol

Yes, but at that time the idea of a cross-promotion showdown wasn't as advantagous to White and the UFC.

Brock vs Mir 2 should be the biggest PPV event in MMA history and make the Brock the biggest attraction in the history of the sport. He will be the undisputed champ with 2 million people viewing his defeating Couture and Mir back to back. That kind of momentum makes it a can't lose situation for White.

Its the biggest fight White can make in the Heavyweight division. And if Brock loses he can simply claim some sort of contractual disagreement and setup a tournament to crown a new champ where Brock would still be the favorite.

I think Dana has learned his lesson from the Cro Cop fiasco and will set up Evans vs Rampage immediately.

Brock vs Mir oustrips Penn vs GSP for me in terms of the biggest fight in 2009. If Brock( and he will) beats Mir, it demands that Brock fights Fedor if the Affliction champ is successful in his title bout.

Fedor and M-1 has already called out Brock and the UFC to a cross-promotional event...

Yes, but at that time the idea of a cross-promotion showdown wasn't as advantagous to White and the UFC.

Brock vs Mir 2 should be the biggest PPV event in MMA history and make the Brock the biggest attraction in the history of the sport. He will be the undisputed champ with 2 million people viewing his defeating Couture and Mir back to back. That kind of momentum makes it a can't lose situation for White.

Its the biggest fight White can make in the Heavyweight division. And if Brock loses he can simply claim some sort of contractual disagreement and setup a tournament to crown a new champ where Brock would still be the favorite.

Brock HAS BEEN the biggest attraction in the history of the sport for a good little while now, where have you been?

And Dana claiming "some sort of contractural disagreement and setup a tournament" to put the belt back on Lesnar if he lost? Are you smoking crack like your idol the Warrior? Dana is out to legitimize MMA as a sport, and pulling some hokey pokey EliteXC-type bullshit like that is exactly what he would never do...That sounds like a terrible storyline ripped straight out of a WWE creative meeting...and no matter how hard you wrasslin fans try, MMA and pro wrasslin are two entirely different ballparks.

Well, I for one am amped for Mir vs. Lesnar II, if only to see Lesnar showcase how far he has come since his last fight with Mir and destroy him.

Man, I'm late to the party here and all, but watching Nog last night was just freakin' heartbreaking. He just can't do it anymore, so it seems anyway.

Page wants Griffin before a title shot, according to Sherdog. And Nog is interested in fighting Randy.

Brock HAS BEEN the biggest attraction in the history of the sport for a good little while now, where have you been?

And Dana claiming "some sort of contractural disagreement and setup a tournament" to put the belt back on Lesnar if he lost? Are you smoking crack like your idol the Warrior? Dana is out to legitimize MMA as a sport, and pulling some hokey pokey EliteXC-type bullshit like that is exactly what he would never do...That sounds like a terrible storyline ripped straight out of a WWE creative meeting...and no matter how hard you wrasslin fans try, MMA and pro wrasslin are two entirely different ballparks.

First, address me as SENSEI.

Brock just got the biggest combined PPV record this year, that may seem like a long time you but by any reasonable measure it is a recent occurence.

To your next point.

If Brock lost the title to Fedor do you believe that the UFC, the premiere MMA company in the world would go without a heavyweight champion for an extended period of time because of it? I know I'm just a "Wrasslin fan" and a follower of the " Crack smoking Warrior" but it seems that anyone with the slightest bit of reason would recognize that they need a standard bearer in the form a Heavyweight champ.

Well, I for one am amped for Mir vs. Lesnar II, if only to see Lesnar showcase how far he has come since his last fight with Mir and destroy him.

Man, I'm late to the party here and all, but watching Nog last night was just freakin' heartbreaking. He just can't do it anymore, so it seems anyway.

Page wants Griffin before a title shot, according to Sherdog. And Nog is interested in fighting Randy.

I hope Dana doesn't sign the Rampage/Forrest rematch. I want Rampage vs Evans ASAP.

Brock just got the biggest combined PPV record this year, that may seem like a long time you but by any reasonable measure it is a recent occurence.

To your next point.

If Brock lost the title to Fedor do you believe that the UFC, the premiere MMA company in the world would go without a heavyweight champion for an extended period of time because of it? I know I'm just a "Wrasslin fan" and a follower of the " Crack smoking Warrior" but it seems that anyone with the slightest bit of reason would recognize that they need a standard bearer in the form a Heavyweight champ.

Care to explain exactly how Brock would "lose the title" to someone who isn't even in the same promotion as him?

And you're trying to talk shit about someone having "reason" or a lack there of? bowroflarms.gif

This is seriously some of the most retarded shit I've ever read...and I've actually read the Ready to Rumble script.

To your next point.

Care to explain exactly how Brock would "lose the title" to someone who isn't even in the same promotion as him?

And you're trying to talk shit about someone having "reason" or a lack there of? bowroflarms.gif

This is seriously some of the most retarded shit I've ever read...and I've actually read the Ready to Rumble script.

WHEN. TWO. CHAMPIONS. FIGHT. IN. A. TITLE. UNIFICATION. BOUT. THE. WINNER. CLAIMS. BOTH. BELTS.

A Fedor/Brock interpromotional fight has about as much of a chance happening as me being signed to a UFC contract. (a) I don't believe Dana would risk his new meal ticket against someone of Fedor's caliber, and (b) no way would Dana give Affliction that kind of recognition by signing such a fight.

WHEN. TWO. CHAMPIONS. FIGHT. IN. A. TITLE. UNIFICATION. BOUT. THE. WINNER. CLAIMS. BOTH. BELTS.

So now there is going to be a title unification fight between the UFC and Affliction or M-1?

this keeps getting better and better with the nonsensical bullshit! bigbowrofl.gif

So now there is going to be a title unification fight between the UFC and Affliction or M-1?

this keeps getting better and better with the nonsensical bullshit! bigbowrofl.gif

So, in your non "Wrasslin" tainted brilliance; you would expect the UFC and Affliction to have their champions fight without titles being on the line?

UFC and Affliction will never work together.

Ever.

The *ONLY REASON* Dana wanted to work with PRIDE back in the day, is because PRIDE was the bigger company and in a different region. UFC would only be helping Affliction. Dana White will never do it. Ever. It's literally not even worth discussing.

When White purchased PRIDE he still recognized Henderson as both the Light-Heavyweight and Middleweight champion and billed both the Rampage and Silva fights as UNIFICATION bouts!

I apologize for derailing the thread by responding to the non wrasslin fan.

So, in your non "Wrasslin" tainted brilliance; you would expect the UFC and Affliction to have their champions fight without titles being on the line?

Jesus Christ, you're a complete fucking idiot. Do you even think before you post?

There will never, ever, EVER be a UFC/Affliction event. Hell, when Dana first heard Donald Trump and Affliction were looking to start a promotion he IMMEDIATELY banned all of his guys from wearing any affliction clothing during the UFC events. Dana has been quoted NUMEROUS times after they conquered Pride stating that they aren't and never would be interested in a cross-promotional event.

When White purchased PRIDE he still recognized Henderson as both the Light-Heavyweight and Middleweight champion and billed both the Rampage and Silva fights as UNIFICATION bouts!

I apologize for derailing the thread by responding to the non wrasslin fan.

Look at the third word in your post there and ponder on it a while. There is a HUGE difference in billing fights as unification bouts when you OWN both promotions as opposed to UNIFYING your title with a rival promotion that you have been VERY open in the public about not wanting to have anything to do with...

and non-wrassling fan? hardly...just not a delusional wrasslin fan who expects WWE storylines from the MMA world...hell, I have family who has been in the wrasslin business for DECADES and fairly well known, at that.

Can we ban him from the folder? He just blathers nonsense.

What are you talking about?

I mention a prospective fight that I see talked about on every MMA forum and thats nonsense.

What thread can you point to having nothing to do with a Brock vs Fedor scenario that shows a lack of MMA knowledge or actual appreciation for the sport.

Show the proof and I won't post here again.

It's a scenario that will never happen. The only way that fight happens is if Brock leaves the UFC. That's the most likely way for it to happen and that's about as likely as me shitting 4 quarters after eating a dollar. So unless you see a need to discuss my ass making change I don't see a need for us to discuss something just as likely.

Awesome show, I think I'd rather see Rampage/Forrest 2 before Rampage/Griffin, but either way. The light-heavyweight division is all kinds of crazy. Rampage beats Liddell, Forrest beats Rampage, Silva beats Jardine but Jardine beats Liddell but Liddell beats silva and Evans beats Liddell and Forrest who beat Rampage but Rampage beat Liddell but yeah you get the point. Try ranking that division without getting a headache.

And can't wait for Mir/Lesnar 2. I was hoping for Nog/Lesnar but that was a win win either way, the rematch will do more for Brock.

Can we ban him from the folder? He just blathers nonsense.

What are you talking about?

I mention a prospective fight that I see talked about on every MMA forum and thats nonsense.

What thread can you point to having nothing to do with a Brock vs Fedor scenario that shows a lack of MMA knowledge or actual appreciation for the sport.

Show the proof and I won't post here again.

Every post you've made today in this thread shows a total lack of not only MMA knowledge, but also a complete and total lack of any common sense.

Do us all a favor and just disappear into nothing like your idol the Warrior did.