TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK 10

Redskins signed DeAngelo Hall today.

Any Falcon or Raider fan have any insight on this guy for me? From what I have seen the guy has some talent but is just an underachiever. I think he has been to a couple of probowls in his young career. Does he suck or was he just mailing it in as a Raider?

He isn't better then Springs or Rogers, so I have to think he was signed because Springs gets injured so much at his old age. Also he can probably help out at the nickel position since Greg Blache likes to run a lot of different Zone coverages.

Any Falcon or Raider fan have any insight on this guy for me? From what I have seen the guy has some talent but is just an underachiever. I think he has been to a couple of probowls in his young career. Does he suck or was he just mailing it in as a Raider?

I outlined my thoughts earlier in this thread. The advanced stats (from Football Outsiders) indicate that he's one of the worst corners in the league. Scouting reports differ heavily. On one hand, he has the speed and instincts to be a shutdown corner, but it doesn't appear that he has the will or the smarts to actually employ his natural gifts. There are certain systems that he might excel in; the Raiders were not one of them.

Dude's got a horrible attitude, too. Perhaps that can be rectified by playing for a real organization. But when Atlanta AND Oakland give up on you it doesn't look so good.

I thought Hall played okay this year. Not great, not good, just okay, at least through three quarters. Every fourth quarter of every game he was terrible, save for the Jets game. We all know why. Never chimed in with that one while everyone was talking about it.

And yes, it was better to cut him rather than pay him.

I outlined my thoughts earlier in this thread. The advanced stats (from Football Outsiders) indicate that he's one of the worst corners in the league. Scouting reports differ heavily. On one hand, he has the speed and instincts to be a shutdown corner, but it doesn't appear that he has the will or the smarts to actually employ his natural gifts. There are certain systems that he might excel in; the Raiders were not one of them.

Dude's got a horrible attitude, too. Perhaps that can be rectified by playing for a real organization. But when Atlanta AND Oakland give up on you it doesn't look so good.

Yeah these are my worries, haha. Well at least the Redskins only signed him through the rest of this season and gave up nothing to get him, so it's not like this was a "Dallas trades 3 drafy picks for Roy Williams" kind of move.

This week in NFL Fines news Justin Tuck got $7,500 for "unnecessarily driving Brooks Bollinger into the ground" on what I thought was one of the most questionable roughing the passer penalties I've seen all year. It was the most textbook form tackle I've ever seen and happened just as the ball was released. No idea what they're even trying to do anymore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnOWxHveMw

Then there's LaMarr Woodley's $10,000 for "throwing down" Jason Campbell on a sack where he wasn't even penalized. The play in question happens at 1:15 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9_I99jqTI

Even looking beyond just what gets fined, how do they decide that one play deserves a $7,500 fine and the other gets $10,000? Nothing the league does makes any sense anymore.

This week in NFL Fines news Justin Tuck got $7,500 for "unnecessarily driving Brooks Bollinger into the ground" on what I thought was one of the most questionable roughing the passer penalties I've seen all year. It was the most textbook form tackle I've ever seen and happened just as the ball was released. No idea what they're even trying to do anymore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GnOWxHveMw

Then there's LaMarr Woodley's $10,000 for "throwing down" Jason Campbell on a sack where he wasn't even penalized. The play in question happens at 1:15 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP9_I99jqTI

Even looking beyond just what gets fined, how do they decide that one play deserves a $7,500 fine and the other gets $10,000? Nothing the league does makes any sense anymore.

The first sack was really, really questionable and I don't think it should've gotten fined. The second sack I think should've been fined. Woodley could've just grabbed and sacked him (ala the Tuck clip but driven him down face first) but Woodley instead grabbed Campbell and literally spun him through the air before driving him down into the ground. On the replay of Woodley's sack, you can also see Campbell slam into the ground with his head (his skull bounces up) because both of his arms are pinned. I think that's where the league's fine is coming from (Around 1:28-1:32 in the clip)

The first fine is questionable at the least. The sack on Campbell is against the rules as far as what my interpretation is when it comes to "cannot life the QB off of his feet and drive him into the ground" I mean it was basically a belly-to-back suplex. Once he had Campbell wrapped up, he could have just taken him down without the suplex move.

So it looks like Daunte Culpepper is going to get the start for the Lions on Sunday. You'll recall that Culpepper "retired" not too long ago and just signed with Detroit this week.

I see no way that this team wins a game this year. It just isn't going to happen.

The Bills already get screwed with a phantom helmet to helmet call and the offecials ignoring a challang flag. This shit always happens in Foxboro.

Urge to kill rising.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Lovie grows a set and goes for it on 4th down while in FG range, in a game where every point is going to matter.

WHERE'S THE GODDAMN FLAG??? Finnegan had Booker fuckin' straightjacketed.

Edit: Doesn't matter. Rex throws a perfect ball just outside of Bullock, Forte wraps it up for the score. Fuck yes. Great drive.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

That was a nice drive. The Titans didn't look so fuckin' good to me.

Greg Gumbel: "Kyle Orton, with a beard, looks on." Cracked me up.

Who's worse, Detroit this year or Miami last year?

The Lions offense. I swear, that offense is the worst god damn thing I have ever seen. Both of them have flashes of good defense (the Dolphins had a few games where a touchdown would have won) but the Lions offense makes the Dolphins offense of last year look like a NY Giants.

They are both equally horrible but it's inexcusable for the Lions offense considering that receiving core.

I wouldnt be surprised if one game the opposing team doesn't call one rush play vs the Ravens..all passes. The Ravens secondary is abysmal.

I say that and Ngata tips and Intercepts a pass in the end zone, but he's a lineman.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling

I think it's a "receiving corps," not a core. Gotta be pseudo-militaristic with this sport, after all. I'm inclined to say it's the Lions defense that makes them so bad. Their offense is better than that of the 2007 Dolphins', from what I've seen.

And there's the first interception from Rex. Good while it lasted.

I'm already sick of those Ford F150 truck commercials

The Garmin commercials are a lot worse.

And the Bills hop on the Wildcat bandwagon.

Urge to kill rising.

Didn't the Saints trade for Jeremy Shockey before the season? Watching this game, you'd have no idea that he was even on the team. For a guy with such a brash, obnoxious, Kid Rock-esque personality, he sure seems to disappear a lot.

And, yeah, I know he's been hurt. Suck it up. A sports hernia? Get the fuck out of here.

Oh, and Matt Ryan is really, really good.