TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Simpsons Character Draft

The best two Troy McClure movies are Christmas Ape and Christmas Ape Goes to Summercamp

Awesome. I mentioned this in the HDTV thread, but I got hired on at Best Buy for seasonal work, with the possibility of staying on in the new year. My Facebook work info thing lists my job title as Christmas Ape. I fully intended to change it to "Christmas Ape goes to Summer Camp" if I get hired on permanently, but thus far, no one got the reference.

Brooklyn Zoo picked Lionel Hutz.

lionel.gif

Hutz: No don't you worry Mrs. Simpson, I-Uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.

Marge: Is that bad?

Hutz: Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog.

Marge: You did?

Hutz: Well, replace the word “kinda” with the word “repeatedly,” and the word “dog” with “son.”

This was going to be my pick (and my quote was going to be "Works on contingency? No, money down!" - an all time favourite, but BZ picked a good one too) so I'm going to think of which of my reserves to pull (Hutz already being a reserve for McClure).

Question: How many people are going "ah shit!" or something similar after someone is picked? I've done it almost every time.

Question: How many people are going "ah shit!" or something similar after someone is picked? I've done it almost every time.

Constantly. I was called names I'd never heard before during the hockey draft.

skinnerandchalmers.jpg

Superintendent Gary "Super Nintendo" Chalmers is good enough to be a round 1 pick!

Superintendant Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Principal Skinner: Yes.

Superintendant Chalmers: May I see it?

Principal Skinner: No.

skinnerandchalmers.jpg

Superintendent Gary "Super Nintendo" Chalmers is good enough to be a round 1 pick!

Superintendant Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Principal Skinner: Yes.

Superintendant Chalmers: May I see it?

Principal Skinner: No.

Oh shit. I was so going to use Chalmers as my next pick JUST so I could use the Super Nintendo Chalmers line.

I was hoping that Lionel Hutz would miraculously still be available until my next pick, but who was I kidding? With the exception of maybe Lisa, just about every pick has been a death blow.

I was hoping that Lionel Hutz would miraculously still be available until my next pick, but who was I kidding? With the exception of maybe Lisa, just about every pick has been a death blow.

Bastard.

UP: Milky, by 3:15 pm.

On deck: Dr. Venk.

On The Clock: No one.

Can someone just tell me what the three above are? I assume 'UP' means the person currently eligible to pick, but what does 'on deck' mean, and On The Clock?

milhouse.gif

Milhouse Van Houten

"What's good as new? What's happening?"

ChiefWiggumOnPhone1.jpg

"You be Carl Reiner, and I'll be uh, Police Chief Wiggum."

Oh yeah. This shit just got real.

UP: Milky, by 3:15 pm.

On deck: Dr. Venk.

On The Clock: No one.

Can someone just tell me what the three above are? I assume 'UP' means the person currently eligible to pick, but what does 'on deck' mean, and On The Clock?

"Up" is the current draftor. "On deck" is the person who follows. "On the clock", when applicable, means anyone who can pick but missed their priority.

ChiefWiggumOnPhone1.jpg

"You be Carl Reiner, and I'll be uh, Police Chief Wiggum."

Oh yeah. This shit just got real.

"That sounded like an explosion at the old Simpson place."

"Forget it! that's two blocks away."

"Looks like there's beer coming out of the chimney."

"I am proceeding on foot; call in a code eight!"

"We need pretzels; repeat, PRETZELS!."

post-799-1226080798.jpg

Damn you Milky!!!!!!! *shakes fist* Wiggum was on my list!

As tempted as I am to add another school administrator with State Comptroller Atkins (the REAL State Comptroller Atkins), I have to go with...

ProfessorFrink2.gif

Professor Frink, Professor Frink. He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think. He also invented the Frinkahedron.

This guy is my all time favorite one shot character. His stern, no-nonsense approach (dude can't even laugh) while doing his job is unheralded.

rexbanneryl4.jpg

Rex Banner.

"Listen, rummy, I'm going to say it plain and simple. Where'd you pinch the hooch? Is some blind tiger jerking suds on the side?"

Rex Banner will catch the criminals, and Lionel Hutz will prosecute them (or heck, even defend them; whatever makes him more money).

This guy is my all time favorite one shot character. His stern, no-nonsense approach (dude can't even laugh) while doing his job is unheralded.

rexbanneryl4.jpg

Rex Banner.

"Listen, rummy, I'm going to say it plain and simple. Where'd you pinch the hooch? Is some blind tiger jerking suds on the side?"

Rex Banner will catch the criminals, and Lionel Hutz will prosecute them (or heck, even defend them; whatever makes him more money).

:)

Banner: Are you the beer baron??

Ned: Well, if you're talking about root beer, I plead guilt- diddily-ildly as char-didily-arged!

Banner: He's not the baron, but he sounds drunk. Take him in.

"It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cockeyed!" - who hasn't said that to someone?

It was removed by the editor/program co-ordinator, but when I was writing in college, I did a column where I referred to something as laughble. The following line was: "Well, you all know what laughter sounds like!"