TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 11

Holy shit, with 1 second left on the clock.

Although I really have to question that one 5 yard pass where they were like 45 yards back, with not much time left.

Guest Smues
Hopefully this puts to rest the whole "PATRIOTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!" thing that the NFL net guys were yapping about earlier before the game.

The only thing that puts that to rest will be if the Patriots are officially eliminated from the playoffs, or lose a playoff game. Never count out the Patriots. It only makes it worse when they win.

Fairly high on the list of things I didn't think I'd be saying in week 11: "Thomas Jones has got to pretty much be a lock for the Pro Bowl at this point, huh?" Great running down the stretch tonight. Between Jones and Leon Washington, the Jets have gotten absurdly good things out of their backfield since the bye week.

Entertaining game, despite NFL Network's efforts to the contrary.

1) For a league that pulls down as much scratch as the NFL does, you'd think they would be able to have a game presentation better than a step-up from a network affiliate's preseason broadcast.

2) That Papa guy is worse than Joe Buck doing football. At least Buck shows some fucking emotion. And twatfucks, Moss was dragging his foot on that TD pass; it was clear as fucking day. Collinsworth on NFLN is like Martin Scorcese doing a high school play.

3) Way to keep the field mics on during the anthem so you have to bleep out the last verse.

4) Is Chad Johnson even relevant anymore? I know his team is on next week, but nobody cares about the Bengals anymore.

And fuck the Jets. That is all. They should have put it away early, but instead they let Matt Freakin' Cassell throw for 400 yards.

Really exciting game tonight and thankfully the Jets managed to win it. Shouldn't have ever been in OT to begin with, but of course coaches and teams insist on doing a friggin prevent defense. Teams need to be more like the Giants in that Steelers game, where they were up 7 late and just kept sending the house to crush Roethlisberger.

I was tearing my hair out when they kept going down the middle with a minute left and no timeouts, but if they get 15-20 yards a pop with it with minimal effort, so be it.

Gah, this team is two close games from being 8-2 with the fucking backup QB and half the defense injured. I really don't get why they didn't play man or an underneath zone on that 3rd and 15 play.

Pats fans are now suggesting that the overtime coin flip be done before the game, so coaches know if they 'should' go for the tie or the win in late-game scoring situations. Hilarious.

Hell of a game. My joy is tempered somewhat by the fact that the Jets needed to get lucky to beat a Patriots team decimated by injuries, but not by much. This is pretty great.

The only person you could really make any kind of case for would be Kris Jenkins and even that's an extreme longshot. Jones is having a great year but not the kind that wins a runningback the MVP.

Jenkins for DPOTY on the other hand, is completely worthy of being discussed. There are other guys around the league who might deserve it more, but Jenkins' name deserves to be in the conversation.

There was a good article up on CBS Sportsline earlier about the possibility of Kurt Warner winning his 3rd MVP this year and being a lock to get into the HoF as a result since only the Immortal Brett Favre has achieved that feat and we know he's getting in on the first ballot. I'm not as familiar with the NFL version of the Hall, but I would have to think he'd get consideration even without the third one. For a three year stretch he was putting up unprecedented numbers and probably would have won a second Super Bowl MVP had the Rams won the championship the year the Pats dynasty began. I don't know if there's anyone comparable to him in terms of his career starting at 28, then flaming out due to injuries and having a resurgence in his late 30's, but I would say that his prime is at the very least up there with any other borderline HoF QB regardless of what he does for the rest of this year and beyond.

Speaking of awards, Jerod Mayo is the Defensive Rookie of the Year; nobody is even close. Fucking BEAST this guy is.

The Lions were actually deadset on getting Mayo in the draft but of course the Pats took him 5 slots before that. Would've been one of the rare times that Millen did something right but instead he ended up reaching for Jordon Dizon in the 2nd round (who's been banged up and mostly playing special teams so far). Oh well.

There was a good article up on CBS Sportsline earlier about the possibility of Kurt Warner winning his 3rd MVP this year and being a lock to get into the HoF as a result since only the Immortal Brett Favre has achieved that feat and we know he's getting in on the first ballot. I'm not as familiar with the NFL version of the Hall, but I would have to think he'd get consideration even without the third one. For a three year stretch he was putting up unprecedented numbers and probably would have won a second Super Bowl MVP had the Rams won the championship the year the Pats dynasty began. I don't know if there's anyone comparable to him in terms of his career starting at 28, then flaming out due to injuries and having a resurgence in his late 30's, but I would say that his prime is at the very least up there with any other borderline HoF QB regardless of what he does for the rest of this year and beyond.

Warner is making the Hall regardless if he wins a 3rd MVP or not. If he does win it this year, it'll just cut his expected waiting time in half.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

dropped passes are killing the Colts' momentum today. It's amazing how different this defense is without Sanders.