TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 13

Guest Agent of Oblivion
The NFL season has gone pretty much as.. absolutely no one expected. I'm loving it. Bucs 9-3, Jets 8-3, and Ravens 8-4? I'll take it. Jets will hopefully be 9-3 in a few hours. They just had to punt, though.

Who did the Browns end up bringing in at QB?

Some Dorsey guy. Ken? Is that a Dorsey?

I'm just surprised that no one made a joke about the Redskins failing to "honor" Sean Taylor out there on the field.

Holy Shit! That was an awesome flea flicker play by the Raiders

Guest Vitamin X

RIP 2008 Green Bay Packers. With any luck, the rest of the division will continue to fall into general shittiness and end up 9-7. Awful, awful year.

You can't even pin this one on Aaron even though he threw yet another game-ending INT (that's the third one, all against NFC South teams too). When the Packers were 4th and 1 with the game tied at 28, they kicked the field goal, idiotically assuming that their special teams and defense would hold. They didn't. I thought they should've went for the QB sneak because worst possible outcome, Delhomme and Carolina then have to drive at least 60, 70 yards or so to get to field goal range to win.

Bob Sanders needs to be fired, and there need to be a lot of shaking up on that front seven. Rodgers played like a fucking man throughout that 3rd quarter leading them to that 28-21 lead, taking cheap shots along the way and everything, but we had to deal with the inevitable growing pains as well. Eli Manning and a bunch of other great QBs made those sort of mistakes in their first year as well.

At least this marks the last time I'm leaving the house and spending money on watching a Packer game at the bar. I think it would be even more miserable to watch this team blow their only home playoff game if they won the division, so in a sense, I'm sort of glad here. Who's a good linebacker or defensive lineman that we can get? Hey, if the Jets make the Super Bowl, that's two pretty good first round picks!

So the Giants/Redskins game goes about the same as the first one did. Giants dominate big early, get out to a nice lead. Redskins show some type of life to make the game close, but ultimately can't do anything worth of note, besides a good play here and a good play there, and lose.

UGH.

I think it might be time to just let Portis rest and get healthy. I understand why he wants to play and why the team wants him to play, but it isn't worth it. The Redskins will likely miss the playoffs, but they are still alive and I would rather have him able to play in a wildcard game then right now.

We need to get rid of "____ is not a reviewable play". Why not? Fucking review it and get the play right. That's why instant replay exists.

We need to get rid of "____ is not a reviewable play". Why not? Fucking review it and get the play right. That's why instant replay exists.

Yeah, I hate that you can't review "judgment calls." Every an offecial makes is call their using their judgment.

Oh what the fuck was that!!!???

You don't do that on a 4th and 10!!!!!

I honestly can't believe the Raiders tried to fake the field goal. Dumb fucking move, dumb fucking move. They easily could have had 3 more points there. The Raiders need to score on this drive.

And with a 59-yard TD run, Thomas Jones becomes the first 1000-yard rusher in the AFC. Way to go, TJ. Of course, the Jets are about to go down two scores to Denver, so I think he's gonna have to run for a bit more.

I'm assuming the Raiders were trying to repeat what they did with the Flea Flicker play and catch the Chiefs off guard again and score major yardage, but the Raiders really should just try to get easy points and not fuck up.

Edit: Holy shit nice catch!

Edit #2: Ah FUCK!

Edit #3: YES!

Guest Czecherbear

Jones never touched the ground, just people on the ground. He should be able to keep this one, right?

The Raiders not going for easy points with the field goals are pissing me off.

Thomas Jones is having some bounce back year. The Jets should be able to win this game if they keep it on the ground, Denver won't stop it.

Classic Brett Favre right there. Totally off interception that shelves the Jets momentum for the time being.

Jesus Christ the Chiefs are just trying to make the Raiders jump the line to get a first down. Luckily they failed.

You know the Raiders could be winning this game right now or maybe at least down by 1 point if they would play smart.