5 (-) Australia $14,815,000 / $20,000,000

6 (4) Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa $14,500,000 / $159,511,000

7 (-) Transporter 3 $12,330,000 / $18,500,000

8 (5) Role Models $5,284,000 / $57,896,000

9 (8) The Boy in the Striped Pajamas $1,690,000 / $5,160,000

10 (-) Milk $1,381,000 / $1,866,000

11 (11) Slumdog Millionaire $1,367,000 / $3,565,000

12 (6) Changeling $1,207,000 / $33,859,000

I enjoyed Transporter 3 but I knew it wasn't going to do well. Lots of the stunt scenes were beyond suspension of belief and one scene is straight out of a Bond flick.

It's disappointing to see every Staham fight filmed in ultra close can't see shit mode. That style needs to get lost, I'd actually like to see the fighting.

Not really, families gotta have something to watch during a holiday weekend.

But they also have LameNewChristmasMovie (doesn't matter if it's PG-13. If it's Christmas themed it's automatically seen as good family entertainment), Madagascar, and HSM3 to pick from.

I was expecting a small (20-25%) drop, definitely not a gain.

Hell, I want to see Bolt in 3D

"Bolt" is actually pretty good. It's no "Wall-E" mind you, but it's pretty good.

I don't think I've seen a Statham movie other than the Dungeon Siege movie that I haven't liked. Bank Job, Revolver, and Chaos in particular were pretty good. A little disappointing that Transporter 3 didn't do better it's first week out, makes me wonder how Punisher: War Zone will do since its an action flick coming out during the holidays. If I remember right, the Thomas Jane version didn't make good money until it hit video.

4 Xmases... before that movie came out, I said "There's no way this movie works, timeframe wise. There's like 20 minutes of set up, maybe ten minutes of wrap up. That leaves 15 minutes per Xmas, assuming a 90 minute movie, there's no way there's enough time!"

Then I find out it's less than 90 minutes! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I don't know what to make of Australia, Lushus. The insane run length hurts it a lot, I know it kept me from going to see it even though I like both of the stars (Baz Luhrmann not so much). It was interesting that most of the TV ads focused more of Jackman than Kidman. I think Kidman's days as a top level A list star are nearly over if this movie flops, since someone will take the heat for it and Jackman can always go back to another Wolverine movie.

Family movies generally do very well over the Thanksgiving holiday for reasons that KOAB stated. Bolt looked awesome in 3-D.

And Four Christmases was not very good

I actually did see Transporter 3 on a spur of the moment thing and it was better than most reviews would have you believe. Lots of fun, great stunts and action set pieces. None of it could remotely happen, but who cares?

I'd only catch it even then if you have some form of alcohol, and literally nothing else to do. Sitting through that for my girlfriend was worse than having to watch Degrassi or Days of Our Lives with her. I was daydreaming of James Woods to reprise his character from John Carpenters Vampires the whole movie.

If the next one ends with James Woods staking Nikki Reed to a tree before removing the head of the rest of the cast one by one then sign me up for the sequel.

That take of $1,381,000 for Milk is damn impressive. According to The Hollywood Reporter it was only playing at 36 venues, giving it a take of $38,375 per location. That is the highest amount ever earned by a picture opening at 30-40 venues (previous record holder was Atonement with $784,145).

Given Milk's kickass RottenTomatoes score (93%), the hype building for Sean Penn as front runner for the Best Actor Oscar, and the way the movie ties into current events, it's possible the film could build some huge momentum (Milk is expanding to 60 venues this week).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...131ba4048?imw=Y