TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

So, the year is just about done, eh?

And yet we STILL don't have flying cars that can turn into suitcases OR housing complexes that look like colloseums on sticks.

JETSONS, YOU'VE BETRAYED ME!

It's funny, because when I was watching the Austin-Angle-Vince backstage stuff on Youtube, I was just thinking of how awesome some of the PPVs around this time were.

2000 had an awesome PPV run from the beginning of the year up to Summerslam (excluding KOTR and maybe WM 2000). As it was mentioned above, I think the series of Rumble 01, NWO 01, and WM 17 might be the best line-up of consecutive PPVs ever. The next four wouldn't be as good.

I remember Judgment Day '01 (Austin vs. UT, Kane vs. HHH) being pretty brutal.

I don't think it's that bad. If anything, it's a huge step up from Backlash from the previous month. Austin vs. Taker isn't as good as Summerslam 98, but I think it's perfectly acceptable outside of a bad finish, (which, IIRC, the live cameras on the PPV might have missed since they were focusing on a Kane run-in or something).

Despite the Invasion angle being a huge failure, they still put on some good-great PPVs ranging from Summerslam to Vengeance.

Didn't Judgment Day 2001 have some sort of decent Angle/Benoit match on it? Backlash 2001 had a really fun Rhino/Raven hardcore match that was one of the highlights of that particular belt.

The only real clunker from that 2000-01 period that I can think of was KOTR 2000. Everyone was already in the main event and the tourney itself was a misfire.

The only real clunker from that 2000-01 period that I can think of was KOTR 2000. Everyone was already in the main event and the tourney itself was a misfire.

Seriously, Jericho, Eddie, and Benoit all eliminated early and Rikishi gets to the finals?

Wait a minute, you didn't enjoy the Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Brisco Evening Gown match for the Hardcore Title?

I didnt realize that the 12/16 SD and ECW taping Im going to in Baltimore will not only be the last time ECW is shown "live" on Tuesdays but also possibly the last show at the Baltimore Arena/1st Mariner Arena because they're tearing it down sometime to build a new arena on the same site in the near future.

Am I right in thinking this is the girl holding up the Glamazon signs the past couple of weeks on Raw?

roucka.jpg

Yeah, it's Milena Roucka.

Regarding Miz and Morrison, I just think Morrison is being held back by being in a tag team when everybody and theirUncle knows the wwe doesn't give a rats ass about tag teams. I guess Miz/Morrison get more of a push than possibly getting lost in the midcard as wwe doesn't push their mid card titles worth a damn either.

What about making an uncharacteristic save. Face is getting beat down and out numbered and all of a sudden Morrison starts kicking ass and taking names. Of course he'd have to explain it the next week in what would be the most important promo of his career.

What about making the save for Melina? Regal and Layla could be doing a number on her (or Santino and Beth, but Santino isn't a threat), and the one time Johnny Nitro comes to make the save for his fellow MNM alumnus.

I suppose he could save Shawn Michaels some time. Later than sooner it could be quite logical, given recent weeks.

Wwe is over in Iraq filming the Troops show. Wwe.com travel photo's show Miz, Morrison, Kelly Kelly, Eve, Cena, Bastista, Alicia Foxx, Jericho, Shad and JTG, Jeff Hardy, Lilian Garcia, Mickey James and Maria. I guess it's a good bet we'll be seeing Cryme Tyme vs Miz and Morrison on the show. I assume there is more wrestlers overthere, but I just couldn't see them in the pics is all. Joey Styles is heading over for his first time as well. I don't know why Alicia is going really other than as AA T & A. Wwe also brought the TitanTron for the first time (probably could travel with it as they have the HD screens now Stateside).

I've always wondered if WWE could bring Rikishi back at some point. He'd still get a big reaction, and would actually fit in well with some of the current guys. It would be nice if they would bring a few guys back from the '90s (beyond Goldust), instead of always focusing on way over the hill guys from the Hogan era for the nostalgia pops (Duggan, Piper, Slaughter, etc). Heck, if nothing else, Rikishi could always team with Manu or Umaga as a New Samoans kind of tag team.

You know I wish WWE starts doing something like this, but on a grander scale. Getting a few guys who can still go back from those days, and letting them have 6 months or a year on the roster. I liked it when they had Tatanka do it, D'Lo could be used other than a guy who occasionally beats Santino and as nothing else. I'm sure Dustin will have a decent 7 or 8 months as long as he can stay clean.

I mean, it would spice things up in the midcard for a short while.

I mean, it means more for someone like Kendrick to go over... let's say Brian Christopher than whatever jobber you can get in town right now.

I've always wondered if WWE could bring Rikishi back at some point. He'd still get a big reaction, and would actually fit in well with some of the current guys. It would be nice if they would bring a few guys back from the '90s (beyond Goldust), instead of always focusing on way over the hill guys from the Hogan era for the nostalgia pops (Duggan, Piper, Slaughter, etc). Heck, if nothing else, Rikishi could always team with Manu or Umaga as a New Samoans kind of tag team.

And yes, thank goodness for the lack of wrestler deaths this year. A few of the old timers left us, but at least there haven't been any deaths of current guys, or guys who were recently on TV.

I always liked Rikishi, even in the pre-Rikishi days, but after his run in TNA (if you could even call it a run), I could care less if I ever see him again.

I would love to see some of the 90s guys show up, but like many others on this board, one of my favorites, Val Venis, remains on the roster and remains unused.

How come Ron Simmons doesn't wrestle? Is he injured? If not I'd like to see him go at it for another short run.

I did an indy show with Ron back in November. He said he was having hip replacement surgery in January, so he's likely done.

You never know, Roddy Piper had hip replacement surgery and went on to beat Hogan in a match people assumed was for the world title in 1996, a US champion in 1998, and a tag champion in 2005. The tag title reign saved his life too!

You never know, Roddy Piper had hip replacement surgery and went on to beat Hogan in a match people assumed was for the world title in 1996, a US champion in 1998, and a tag champion in 2005. The tag title reign saved his life too!

Piper was only 39 or 40 when he had his surgery. Ron will be 51 next May.