TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread - December

*snip*

I'm not defending the Coyotes. I said that it's a joke for other franchises to bankroll this team through revenue sharing. I'm saying that this situation is not like the other southern hockey problems. They should be folded anyway. Not moved. Teams like Atlanta and Nashville don't have an excuse. The arena is right there. I don't know what the league will do when Atlanta goes belly up in a situation similar to this (meaning having to draw their revenue sharing payments early). I'd fold them too.

What I was trying to say all along is that the idea of NHL returning to Winnipeg or any small market like that is as stupid as it would be to keep the Phoenix franchise alive. The NHL could use less teams.

So, after going to 8 or 9 Ontario Reign games, I'm finally going to get to attend a Kings game live! They have a 36 hour sale going on where tickets, including some lower bowl seats, are $11.50 each for home games in January. I'm not sure where I'll be seated yet since my friend got the tickets, but I'm really looking forward to it. The game is Saturday, January 3rd, against the Flyers. :)

I had nosebleed seat at the Staples Center and I got to see Roman Chechmanek get a shutout. I know that SC is a nicer arena than the Honda Center and I like visiting it. Is it your first NHL game live?

It'll be my first NHL game, but not my first time at Staples Center. Seats are in section 318.

I'm going to Caps-Leafs on Sunday. The Caps are retiring Gartner's number!

I know this sounds gay, but he's a lot less likeable as a union rep compared to a player.

And by "union rep", I mean "without a moustache".

I had nosebleed seat at the Staples Center and I got to see Roman Chechmanek get a shutout.

One of the last times I went, I saw Dan Cloutier let in 4 real shitty goals! In turn, the guy sitting next to me happened to hit the person behind him four times. In the head.

The Kings looked a lot better tonight against the Coyotes in Glendale than they did when the two teams played last night at Staples. 4-0 Kings win.

I set my new DVR to record Montreal/Pittsburgh, but it somehow got deleted. I'm recording the Flames, senators game, but I just turned it on as Ottawa scored their second goal. I think I'll just watch it from here rather than the beginning. I just wanted to see what hockey looks like in HD.

Bad two losses in a row for the Flyers. I'm not gonna make an excuse that their travel caused them to lag a bit, but it could be a possibility. You don't get shut out 3-0 by a bad team when you're a better team. A Chicago loss I can live with, but not against Columbus. They need to win their next game.

The Kings lost 2-0 to Columbus. Despite the fact, I must agree with 909- I like Jon Quick a lot. He's looked really good this season, and the one goal he gave up tonight (the Blue Jackets' other goal was an empty netter)was a rebound shot on a Columbus power play.

I think LaBarbera's contract expires after this season. Obviously, he should be gone. I say call up Quick and let him compete with Ersberg for the starting job while Bernier gets another year of seasoning in Manchester.

The Winter Classic needs to come to LA next season. Kings-Ducks, on the Santa Monica beach, beautiful people in swimsuits, the horizon of the Pacific Ocean...that's hockey. I know Bettman knows of this idea.

Guest Czecherbear

Is there any way the Sharks could do a Winter Classic up in the mountains or something? That might be interesting, scenic, and it'll throw the insufferable warmweatherniks a bone.

I also think the Winter Classic should replace the All-Star Game as the NHL's big marquee midseason event. In a way, it already has, but I mean scrap the ASG entirely. I mean, you have the Pro Bowl that nobody watches, then the All-Star Weekend's host city gets riddled with bullets (not Washington Bullets), then the A.L. beats the N.L. again so that we get another year of Bronxton chest-thumping, and so the NHL drops by like "hey we have an all-star game too!" and really you're just so turned off the whole concept that you won't bother finding the public access channel it's on. The novelty of seeing all these players in one game is dead.

Is there any way the Sharks could do a Winter Classic up in the mountains or something? That might be interesting, scenic, and it'll throw the insufferable warmweatherniks a bone.

I also think the Winter Classic should replace the All-Star Game as the NHL's big marquee midseason event. In a way, it already has, but I mean scrap the ASG entirely. I mean, you have the Pro Bowl that nobody watches, then the All-Star Weekend's host city gets riddled with bullets (not Washington Bullets), then the A.L. beats the N.L. again so that we get another year of Bronxton chest-thumping, and so the NHL drops by like "hey we have an all-star game too!" and really you're just so turned off the whole concept that you won't bother finding the public access channel it's on. The novelty of seeing all these players in one game is dead.

Yes, entirely, yes. Shut the league down on Dec. 30th and Jan. 2nd, move the skills competition to the day of the Winter Classic, which has been a success for all intents and purposes. Get Ovechkin and Iginla and Crosby and Savard and Kovalchuk and Heatley on display for the fan who "might just check out the game, since it's on".

I don't really get the trade.

Luongo comes back in a month, and Sanford's not that bad. He's not great, but the team's flat play isn't his fault. Tonight, Vigneaut yanked him after he only gave up two goals- how is he supposed to play with confidence now?

LOLbarbera's gone!

*Jizzes in pants*

To get anything for that guy is remarkable. Trade of the year.

Nah, he's not worth it. If Bob's lucky, Luongo will hurry back and he won't have to experience some of the league's worst goaltending.

The Let's Go Kings forums are going crazy with happiness.

Guest Czecherbear

Man, the Red Wings are such cunts. They'll take runs at our star players but won't fight. I want to see some teeth knocked out tomorrow, especially from Dan Cleary.

That was a clean hit. Maybe he got his elbow up a bit but other than that it was fine. And if the Wings had an actual enforcer they would scrap but Lilja is as close as it gets in that department right now. McCarty and Downey would fit the bill but they're lineup rarities.

Guest Czecherbear

So you're saying it was clean, other than not being totally clean? I don't get it. Your other excuse is bullshit. The Blackhawks haven't an enforcer, either. Eager, Burish, Adams, and Walker are marginally capable of fighting, but neither one is anything near a Stu Grimson/Bob Probert game-changing force where their mere presence puts the fear of God in you. It's like a Devin Hester sort of special teams player. They don't need an enforcer to be held accountable for injuring Patrick Kane, they just need Dan Cleary to be held accountable for injuring Patrick Kane. The Rockford coaches need to teach Sean McMorrow how to ice skate, because between Kane, Toews, Sharp, Versteeg, Havlat, and Bolland, there are a lot of valuable and slightly fragile assets that need to be protected on this team. The team's inability to protect the stars last year was their downfall, when there were like eight or nine players on injured reserve in January. Gotta make it known that our stars won't be fucked with, that's all.