TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 15

You can see Romo was over the line of scrimmage without a replay. The TD should be called back.

EDIT: A lot closer then I thought.

The crossing the plane rule apparently does not apply when a receiver has possession with both feet down in the end zone. There, the rule says that a receiver with possession in the end zone has scored a touchdown. Good call by the referee.

I didn't think it was a TD, but if that's the rule then the refs got it right. Thanks Chris.

Listening to everyone comment on the shows afterward, there's some confusion as to what the rule actually means. A supervisor is on record as saying the ref interpreted the rule wrong. Someone posted the rule in another forum, and it looks like the ref's interpretation was correct, though.

EDIT: Here is the rule:

Article 1 It is a touchdown (3-38):

(a) when a runner advances from the field of play and the ball touches the opponents’

goal line (plane); or

(b) while inbounds any player catches or recovers a loose ball (3-2-3) on or behind the

opponents’ goal line.

SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES

(1) The ball is automatically dead at the instant of legal player possession on, above,

or behind the opponents’ goal line.

(2) The Referee may award a touchdown when a palpably unfair act deprives the

offended team of one.

(3) For a foul after a touchdown (between downs), see 3-11-2-a and 14-5.

Really lame. This is the second losing season I've had to endure as a Packers fan, and the 3rd in the past 4 years.

What? This makes it sound like you didn't watch for one whole season. Also, it's only their second losing season in the last 4-

2005: 4-12

2006: 8-8

2007: 13-3

2008: 5-9

Fucking pathetic. I know they clinched the NFC East, but there is still a lot to play for. Dallas is outplaying them right now. It's pathetic.

For the Raven fans who want to bitch and cry. You should bitch and cry about your offense not scoring a touchdown all game. You should bitch and cry about your defense who let the Steelers march down the field 92 yards in 2 and a half minutes. You should bitch and cry about your offense fumbling the ball and putting the Ravens out of field goal range in the 4th quarter.

Yes, I am bitching and crying about the whole fucking game. But the call was bullshit too. Oh well. Steelers will hopefully choke in the playoffs again.

Remind me again when's the last time The Raven's won a playoff game?

I don't know. I don't know how that means the Steelers won't choke in the playoffs again. I don't know what your point is. Go Titans.

For the Raven fans who want to bitch and cry. You should bitch and cry about your offense not scoring a touchdown all game. You should bitch and cry about your defense who let the Steelers march down the field 92 yards in 2 and a half minutes. You should bitch and cry about your offense fumbling the ball and putting the Ravens out of field goal range in the 4th quarter.

Yes, I am bitching and crying about the whole fucking game. But the call was bullshit too. Oh well. Steelers will hopefully choke in the playoffs again.

I don't know. I don't know how that means the Steelers won't choke in the playoffs again. I don't know what your point is. Go Titans.

You insulted his team, so he insulted your team. Didn't say it was a good point, though.

I'm glad I got called in to work for a few hours this afternoon so I didn't have to watch more of Pats/Raiders that I had to endure. Between the weather, the Raiders' play in general, a crowd that didn't give a shit and Rich Gannon's attempt at being a color man, it was just brutal. LAMONT FUCKING JORDAN rushed for nearly 100 yards.

Edited by KingPK

Seems like they were looking past the 'boys to next week. These guys should know you can't look past anyone, especially a division rival. The only good thing is, so far, it's not a blow out. The Giants D is keeping them in the game, but there is only so much they can do before they start giving up points.

You insulted his team, so he insulted your team. Didn't say it was a good point, though.

Well.. I didn't do it to upset him. I just really dislike the Steelers right now. And the Ravens don't choke in the playoffs since we haven't been favored in a playoff game in ages.

Fuck Plaxico Burress up his ass with the gun he shot himself with. That selfish prick cost this team a shot at repeating as champs.

Well.. I didn't do it to upset him. I just really dislike the Steelers right now. And the Ravens don't choke in the playoffs since we haven't been favored in a playoff game in ages.

I understand that. If I was a Ravens fan, I'd hate The Steelers right now too. You do remember The Steelers won The Super Bowl just 3 years ago, right?