TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 16

Guest Czecherbear

Falcons win a wild card. I feel good for Arthur Blank. That was mean the way his man-crush broke his heart.

Is there a more sympathetic figure in the league than Brian Westbrook? He is surrounded by a bunch of fucking retards, both on the field and on the sideline.

With a heartless performance minus the defense, I can't believe I let this team lead me to believe they had it in them. That was as bad a performance as the Cincinnati and Baltimore games. I really hope they don't make the playoffs now, they don't deserve it. To lose two division games against the same team is embarrassing, no matter what team. McNabb was OK, but a lot of his passes were dropped because receivers had to reach back. Jackson had two inexcusable drops that probably cost us. Now we need a win next week and two other outcomes to decide if we're in. That's too much to hope for, and a good team will not have to worry about other outcomes. This team isn't good. I'm just depressed right now.

As I said last week, I wasn't going to be surprised if Atlanta came out as the better team, but I thought it was going to be because of Matt Ryan passing all over them, and instead it was because Peterson decided to do his best impression of Tiki Barber. Really, that makes it all the more frustrating, especially given how close they came near the end

Now I have to root for the PACKERS tomorrow... I can feel the vomit in the back of my throat on that one

With a heartless performance minus the defense, I can't believe I let this team lead me to believe they had it in them. That was as bad a performance as the Cincinnati and Baltimore games. I really hope they don't make the playoffs now, they don't deserve it. To lose two division games against the same team is embarrassing, no matter what team. McNabb was OK, but a lot of his passes were dropped because receivers had to reach back. Jackson had two inexcusable drops that probably cost us. Now we need a win next week and two other outcomes to decide if we're in. That's too much to hope for, and a good team will not have to worry about other outcomes. This team isn't good. I'm just depressed right now.

Hell, how do you think I feel? If the Redskins beat a shitty Rams team AT HOME, and a 1-win Bengals team, they are 10-5 right now, probably getting wildcard berth next week regardless of the outcome of their game next week......instead, they fell to 7-7, then come up HUGE beating the Eagles today, and because the Vikings lose, it doesn't even matter, and for my third consecutive trip to San Francisco, I will be attending a meaningless Redskins v.49ers game.....

With that Eagles loss, Tampa has to win and hope for Philly to beat Dallas next week to clinch the last wild card spot. I don't even know if I want them to make the playoffs, to be honest. Even a one-and-done playoff appearance would assure us of another year of horseshit dink-and-dunk Chuckyball, and with Monte Kiffin going to Tennessee there's not even any guarantee that the defense will be any good.

How do the Falcons have a playoff spot? If they lose next week and both TB and Dallas win, don't TB and Dallas get the spots?

Atlanta has the tie-breaker over Tampa Bay

1. Head to Head (tied both 1-1)

2. Division (tied both 3-3)

3. Common Games (Atl 9-4, Tampa 7-5 with game with OAK left)

Guest Vitamin X
So no repeat of 37-3, huh

Doubtful. In fact, most Packer fans are incredibly worried about next week's game against Detroit, since the Lions will be fired up for something, and the Packers haven't shown any sort of motivation for anything since the Carolina game.

Although a funny thing would be that if the Packers were to win out the rest of the way, they would still have the best divisional record in the NFC North. Just can't beat anyone who is outside of the division, it seems (unless it's the Seahawks or Colts).

What's the name of the Falcons head coach? He's gotta be coach of the year, right? Or is it pretty much locked up for Jeff Fisher? Oh... Tony Dungy is also a great pick.

Man, Mike Singletary is fucking awesome.

What's the name of the Falcons head coach? He's gotta be coach of the year, right? Or is it pretty much locked up for Jeff Fisher? Oh... Tony Dungy is also a great pick.

Man, Mike Singletary is fucking awesome.

I was thinking that Tony Sparono would be in the lead to get coach of the year. From 1-15 last year to fighting for the division title this year, and 10-5 right now ad maybe 11-5 over all if they beat the Jets.

So no repeat of 37-3, huh

Doubtful. In fact, most Packer fans are incredibly worried about next week's game against Detroit, since the Lions will be fired up for something, and the Packers haven't shown any sort of motivation for anything since the Carolina game.

Although a funny thing would be that if the Packers were to win out the rest of the way, they would still have the best divisional record in the NFC North. Just can't beat anyone who is outside of the division, it seems (unless it's the Seahawks or Colts).

I'm not sure which way to go on next weeks game. 0-16 is something, although as I noted before, the perfect storm for that was last year with Miami and with the Lions it's more sad than anything, and even if the Lions lose out I'm still not convinced they're the worst team ever (similar to the whole '72 Dolphins vs '85 Bears debate)... but it would be the ultimate slap to the face of the green and gold if they lose to the Lions next week, especially given the Lions haven't won at Lambeau since before the Fun Loving Gunslinger ever came to town

I believe a few years ago I said that if the Saints could build a solid D... in any part, line, linebackers, or secondary... that they would be a Super Bowl caliber team for many years to come...

Now they're just an annoying team where it seems like Drew Brees will always be talked up for MVP awards but the team always finishes just at .500 or a little south of it.

And there needs to be a highlight video for all the great Marinelli post game interview with the media. I like the guy, to bad he sucks dick as a coach.

What's the name of the Falcons head coach?

Mike Smith. And, yeah, I'd argue that he deserves COTY.

Another depressing Buccaneers note: Everything they needed to have happen this weekend happened, except for them winning. Dallas lost. Philadelphia lost. Had Tampa won, they'd be in the playoffs.