TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Suikoden 1 on PSN on--today

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/23/suiko...ation-classics/

Insert "Plz announce 2 Sony!!!!" here. Still, the first game isn't all too easy to find either, and while it's quite old-school (being a pre-FFVII RPG), it's still a good game and has some cool features you won't find in other RPGs, like the building up your castle and recruiting.

Only five hundred and ninety-nine US cents!

I sold 1 and 2 as a set on ebay for around $135 a couple years ago.

GREAT games, just too short

You only got 135 dollars for it? Wow. I remember getting 90 minimum for each back in 2005. I also had the strategy guides which sold for about 100 each as well. Awesome game. I am going to have to buy it now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/23/suiko...ation-classics/

Insert "Plz announce 2 Sony!!!!" here. Still, the first game isn't all too easy to find either, and while it's quite old-school (being a pre-FFVII RPG), it's still a good game and has some cool features you won't find in other RPGs, like the building up your castle and recruiting.

Only five hundred and ninety-nine US cents!

You forgot that the music in the game was quality as well. I haven't played the game in a decade and I still remember the battle theme, gremios theme, and the locations theme as well.

I remember Suikoden 2...it was a good game...I remember I got stuck on one part and never finished it for some reason, though. Ah well.

YOu need to replay it, it was the best rpg on the PS1. The story, characters, castle building and the fun factor. It came out right around the same time as FF8 and I never got past the second disk for FF8 but I beat Suikoden two 4 times.

Lots of Suikoden 1 on ebay now with $40-$50 buy it now prices.

I'd love to give the games another run through.

I remember going to Funco Land after getting my PS1 and just asking "What RPGs do you have?" He showed me Suikoden first and I just said "ok, that one looks ok." Was pissed that I beat it in 16 hours, but it was fun

oh shit, good memories of playing this one... I feel kind of bad of selling them at the height of the collector's madness and making $240.

I remember I thought about buying the soundtracks at one time but they were like $45 a piece.

Guest Smues

Awesomeness. I just played through both 1 and 2 a few months ago, using my psp streamed from the PS3, but if I can download to my PSP now for play anywhere then I'll be one happy camper. Must download once I get back home. Oh and I've never sold my copies of either game, as I don't like ripping off people who just want to play a great game. I also lucked out and got my copy of 2 sealed for $40 JUST before the price started going insane.

I don't want to throw the thread off topic, but I would like to put in my 2 cents in regards to "ripping people off". When my copy went for $113 last week, that was including listing the game with a starting bid of $.49 with no reserve. I had $50 invested in the game, and I was looking to pad my feedback percentage more than anything. So, if someone wants to spend over $100 on a nearly 10-year old game, that's their decision. Honestly, I wish they would release the second one on PSN at a reasonable price, so not just collectors with lots of disposable income can enjoy it.

Look what happened with Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. That was a $90+ (Ebay price) game for the PS2 that sold used at Gamestop for $69.99. Then the game was reissued in 2007-ish, and while the original still went for a decent price, the reissue was in decent demand for a little while as well. Now, the game has been reissued AGAIN as a greatest hit, and is pretty much worthless on the secondary market.

If someone tries selling the game with a flat price of $125 or so, that's ripping someone off. If someone lists it for next to nothing, with no regard to how much it sells for, there's acceptable. If someone decides hey, I have $113 or however much, that I have nothing better to do with, and I would like to spend it on a PS1 game, I say let them. It's up to the individual what they want to do with the money they work hard for.

It's cool. If I came off as hostile, it wasn't my attention. Just saying people can spend their money however they please, even if it's paying some insane amount of money for a PS1 RPG. :D

My brother's birthday present this year was a sealed copy of Star Ocean for the PS1 I got at a flea market for $10. Could have probably sold it on ebay for $60.

I think PS1 games are gonna hold their value. Unlike SNES RPGs which can go for a lot, the fact that they're disc based really gives them a far easier chance to get wrecked, thus less out there