TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL - January 2009

To kickstart the thread after a head-scratching weekend:

What's the most important story so far this year? Chicago's return to prominence? The return to the top of the East for the Broons? The Ovechkin-Malkin rivalry? Burke as the new Leafs GM? The Avery saga? The Sundin flip-floppery? The downfall of the Senators? The Lecavalier talks? The troubles of the Coyotes?

Nice choices, I'll rank 'em!

10) The troubles of the Coyotes

09) Sharks make waves in West

08) The downfall of the Senators

07) Burke as the new Leafs GM

06) Chicago's return to prominence

05) The Vincent Lecavalier talks

04) Ovechkin-Malkin "rivalry"

03) Mats Sundin flip-floppery

02) The Sean Avery saga

01) Top of the East for the Boston Bruins

Okay, so where does Claude Lemiuex step in.

Top 10:

10.) The downfall of Ottawa

9.) Ovechkin vs Malkin

8.) Trouble in Phoenix

7.) Burke taking over Toronto

6.) Chicago becoming a hockey town

5.) San Jose being unstoppable.

4.) Mats Sundin

3.) Sean Avery

2.) Boston being the best.

1.) Tampa Bay.

Islander games are so hilariously depressing. It's like watching a funeral at times. I sat next to a long suffering Islanders fan, and we were laughing at some of the stuff they did out there.

can't help but love the bruins eastern dominance. never been a huge fan, but its always nice to see a franchise so rich in tradition dominate. not a fan of the sharks, either, but their dominance has made the western conference as interesting as it has been in years. the possibly western conference championships, if the two best teams play, (detroit/san jose) will be unbelievable. but no one can discount calgary or even chicago, even though they may be a year or two away.

I can't wait to see who San Jose chokes against this year. If they make the WCF I'll be surprised.

Have you reverted to the mindset now of "Every Sens loss is a Sens win"? Most Leaf fans I know have, but my buddy who's a Senators fan has sent me a text message every day since Thursday saying "Cinderella story, the Sens make the playoffs".

I hate the thought of tanking a season. I want the Leafs to win every game, screw playing for a high pick.

One of my friends at the Islanders game chanted John Tavares.

Good jinx on my part. I've been picking games terribly for the last little while. Thought it was worth a try.

For a minute I was like: Gerber plays for the Caps now?

I think it's time to move Nashville and Phoenix to Hamilton and Kansas City, or just accept that it was a mistake

Replace Kansas City with Winnipeg or maybe Hartford, and I'll agree. In all honesty, I can't see Kansas City being anything more than "Nashville West".

I think Nashville should be contracted. Phoenix too.

I also think that if any team had to buy up tickets to ensure that they got a 3 million dollar payment, they would. Any team. In any league.

I think Nashville should be contracted. Phoenix too.

I also think that if any team had to buy up tickets to ensure that they got a 3 million dollar payment, they would. Any team. In any league.

Contraction is such a dirty word, that I think people are afraid to do it.