TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Royal Rumble 2009

With all the nods to TLC and mentioning the history of the series, I still think we might see Christian in the Edge/Matt vs. Christian/Jeff combo mentioned by earlier posters. Matt helping Edge is enough of a story, but Matt's justification will be that "He was the good son, not the screw-up. Jeff messed things up so many times, and he still got it better than Matt."

Matt should use that as his nickname "The Good Son" Matt Hardy

So Swagger retains, Edge beats Hardy after his BROTHER turns on him... Are they just going to go totally heel and have Orton win the Rumble, or are they going to "send the fans home happy" by having HHH win? At this point, I'd be fine with Randy taking it.

Cena retained. That's a face win.

So Swagger retains, Edge beats Hardy after his BROTHER turns on him... Are they just going to go totally heel and have Orton win the Rumble, or are they going to "send the fans home happy" by having HHH win? At this point, I'd be fine with Randy taking it.

Cena retained. That's a face win.

Forgot about him, although from crowd reaction that's about 50/50 at this point.

Jericho's been brushing up on his vocabulary. Sounded almost Shakespearean there.

And Matt turns for...what reason?

Jeff didn't comfort Matt when he lost the strap to Swagger.

Works for me.

Personally I think I enjoy the Matt/Edge vs. Jeff/Christian possibilities more than Hardys/E&C redux.

Early guesses for the two Elimination Chamber matches:

Raw: Cena, JBL, Shawn, Orton, Jericho, and either Rey, Punk, or Kane

Smackdown: Edge, HHH, Kozlov, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, and either Umaga or Big Show

So....

SD EC: Edge/Jeff/Triple H/Kozlov/Matt(?)/Undertaker(?)

Raw EC: Cena/JBL/HBK/Batista/Orton/Jericho

In the Rumble prediction thread, Petrol CB correctly predicted Rey at #1. No one got it in the PPV Prediction contest. Old School correctly predicted Morrison as #2 in the PPV prediction contest.

HE SPIT THE APPLE IN HIS FACE WOO. Also, JR/Lawler are commentating this Rumble, possibly because they have very nice chemistry and you don't notice them together.