TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

The Amazing Race: Season 14

ar_14_about.jpg

tammy_victor_14.jpg - Tammy & Victor (Bio)

Finishes: 2 / 1 / 8 / 3 / 2 / 1 / 1

cara_jaime_14.jpg - Cara & Jaime (Bio)

Finishes: 7 / 6 / 7 / 5 / 3 / 5 / 2

mark_mike_14.jpg - Mark & Mike (Bio)

Finishes: 3 / 8 / 5 / 7 / 5 / 6 / 3

margie_luke_14.jpg - Margie & Luke (Bio)

Finishes: 1 / 4 / 4 / 4 / 1 / 4 / 4

lakisha_jennifer_14.jpg - Lakisha & Jennifer (Bio)

Finishes: 8 / 7 / 3 / 2 / 6 / 3 / 5

mel_mike_14.jpg - Mel & Mike (Bio)

Finishes: 4 / 2 / 1 / 6 / 4 / 2 / 6 ; Eliminated, leg #7

christi_jodi_14.jpg - Christie & Jodi (Bio)

Finishes: 10 / 9 / 6 / 1 / 7 (Saved by non-elim, leg #5) / 7 ; Eliminated, leg #6

amanda_kris_14.jpg - Amanda & Kris (Bio)

Finishes: 5 / 3 / 2 / 8 ; Eliminated, leg #4

brad_victoria_14.jpg - Brad & Victoria (Bio)

Finishes: 6 / 5 / 9 ; Eliminated, leg #3

linda_steve_14.jpg - Linda & Steve (Bio)

Finishes: 9 / 10 ; Eliminated, leg #2

jennifer_preston_14.jpg - Jennifer & Preston (Bio)

Finishes: 11 ; Eliminated, leg #1

Eleven teams compete in THE AMAZING RACE 14, traveling one of the most grueling courses ever assembled on the Race – spanning 40,000 miles and nine countries in just 22 days. Phil Keoghan will host.

Teams will be faced with a multitude of extremes, including the world's second tallest bungee jump, bone-chilling Siberian temperatures followed by the suffocating heat of India, and an Olympic-sized challenge that leaves teams gasping for air. For the first time in the history of the Race, teams will travel to Romania and Siberia.

“Heading into our 14th season, I wanted to pull out all the stops. We have extreme climates, intense roadblocks and less time in airports, which adds up to an exhausting course for the racers. Whether you’re a screenwriter, a Harvard graduate, a jockey or a carpenter, this Race will test your stamina, your heart and your will to win,” said Bertram van Munster, executive producer/co-creator of “The Amazing Race.”

This 14th group of racers features an eclectic cast that includes a team of brothers who are stuntmen, a pair of flight attendants, a brother/sister team who are Harvard lawyers, an accomplished feature film writer/producer/actor and his father, a team of former NFL cheerleaders and the Race's first ever deaf contestant and his mother.

a team of former NFL cheerleaders

Although, if you read their bio (Cara & Jaime), it says they met during try outs, and only Jaime is mentioned as being a former cheerleader. Still, former MIAMI DOLPHIN cheerleader(s), so this'll be the team I'm backing.

Pretty cool opening leg. I'm happy that the team that came in first did so, although I don't think they'll be able to win the whole thing.

Awesome new graphics/presentation. The show was overdue for a bit of an overhaul. Now if only they could film in HD, I'd be in heaven.

I really liked the opening leg. Watching those cheese wheels rolling down the hill was hilarious. I don't know why teams didn't just start rolling all theirs down the hill.

A few thoughts:

1) The cheese stuff was hilariously awesome.

2) The opening title sequence looked great in HD. Don't know if previous ones were done in HD, but this one looked much better than previous seasons. Could this have been the 1st filmed specifically for HD?

3) I liked how they did some split-screen shots earlier in the episode, juxtaposing teams that were still bungee jumping with where other teams were after leaving the Roadblock.

4) Are all the flights going to be handled this way - i.e. a few flights hand-picked for the teams?

EDIT: Ha! CChris hit my first 2 points, too.

So, did you know that one kid was deaf?

I'm pretty sure I heard something about that on this episode, but I'm not positive. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Spiff: I'm pretty sure the opening leg always has flight options picked out for the teams.

Oh, and I'm rooting for team Juggs, er, the cheerleaders.

1. I almost lost it when the deaf guy broke down after winning. Clearly it meant a lot to him - probably more than the vast majority of racers to have raced.

2. Dude from School of Rock!

3. One of the red heads is definitely the choice cut of the show. Though...

4. The blonde with the dude is smoking.

5. The bungee jump was fairly visceral. Probably one of the few race tasks that would give me hesitation. The asian guy is hilarious in his crackerdom.

6. How hard could that cheese task have possibly been? Cheers to the hick who took 3 at a time and leaped over a few teams. Jeers to everyone else who ate a bag of dicks on that one.

7. Midgets! For the first time in a while, I have a few teams I am cheering for. The midgets, team marlee matlin, white asia (actually, add the asian chick to the list), the hicks, school of rock... and a lot of the other teams have hot chicks on em. This is gonna be a good season.

8. How slow could that blonde chick have been to be lagging behind that bad when coming in last?

9. All nicknames are temporary. Just waiting for Starv to get on this.

How hard could that cheese task have possibly been? Cheers to the hick who took 3 at a time and leaped over a few teams. Jeers to everyone else who ate a bag of dicks on that one.

Then they almost completely lost it fumbling around looking for the Pit Stop. Left the task at 6, arrived at the area in time, then came in 9th due to dicking around looking for the yodelers. I'm already dreading next episode where the wife apparently gets lost by herself as shown in the previews.

7. Midgets!

9. All nicknames are temporary.

I think I'm going with Oompa Loompas or Stunt Runts.

For the record they aren't midgets, or at least not in the traditional sense of dwarfism.

Also, Team Marlee Matlin is fucked. Eventually the son is going to have to do an individual task and with his inability to read lips I can see that being their downfall. Phil signing that they were team number one was fucking class.

How hard could that cheese task have possibly been? Cheers to the hick who took 3 at a time and leaped over a few teams. Jeers to everyone else who ate a bag of dicks on that one.

Then they almost completely lost it fumbling around looking for the Pit Stop. Left the task at 6, arrived at the area in time, then came in 9th due to dicking around looking for the yodelers. I'm already dreading next episode where the wife apparently gets lost by herself as shown in the previews.

That was one of my favorite parts of the whole episode. I hate when they put people on a show like TAR with no ability to hustle. That's why I was glad the orange team lost because the blonde was going to be deadweight the whole time, and there are enough good looking chicks on the other teams to survive her loss.

Just got done watching the episode, and I was all prepared to say why do they keep adding these old like hick/hippy teams when they do horrible. But hey, he shut me up with that cheese challenge, kudos to them. Although as someone said already, I would have just rolled my cheese wheels down the hill, and then ran and got them.

I'll never understand why hot girls date guys who treat them like shit. (Referring to the eliminated team) He seemed to be dogging her every clip they showed, and that's just what we were able to see.

Cheerleaders are definitely hot. And the one chick on the flight attendants team has a face like Tina from last season.

Good episode last night. I probably would've done the Segway over the pie throwing, that had to be pretty uncomfortable racing the rest of the leg with dried pie all over you.

Victor is already working my last nerve with his sing-song ways.

I was a bit surprised that Steve/Linda were eliminated last night. Well, not SURPRISED!, but surprised in the sense that the show likes to tease a team in trouble in the previews for next week (they showed Linda after coming down the mountain), but that team usually manages to stay in the game.

I'm impressed that Steve did not yell at Linda since she fully expected it. They do seem like good people.

Nice to see that Team Rainbow didn't get screwed over by too much wind, and finished the task more or less in the same position they came in at.

Flight attendants are showing that being on a flight and booking a flight are different things. Or maybe not. I really wasn't paying attention to them, although the rollaboards instead of backpacks? Priceless.

I am not a fan of Team Momma's Boy. My wife and I were having a discussion about it, and we figured that the only reasons a deaf person couldn't lip read was either because they are slow or lazy. We went with lazy.

Team Bigteeth are continuing the streak of sibling teams finishing high up the ladder (like Starr and... um, well, it doesn't matter, does it?). Hopefully they don't slip up and get eliminated.

Enquiring minds need to know - true redheads or not?

Finally, Phil is fricking SIGNING for Momma's Boy. Someone is pissed that they didn't get nominated for best reality host Emmy...

Victor is already working my last nerve with his sing-song ways.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I hope he sings his ass off of the show next week. If they don't go I'm hoping the flight attendants do because they suck at this game.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been touched upon the mom is gonna have to do ALL the work when it comes to driving on the team with the deaf kid.

She's gonna have to navigate and drive, since he obviously won't be able to communicate with her(or her with him) from the back seat while one of them is busy watching the road driving. That's gonna hurt them big time eventually.

Plus the deaf kid is trying to hit on the Cheerleaders via his mom. That's just a little creepy and it's going to suck that they'll end up looking like the bad guys for not being interested in him.

I dunno about that. I mean, there's a language barrier to begin with, and having your mom talk to pretty girls for you is, frankly, somewhat pathetic. Did Dallas get his mom to talk to Starr first? Probably not.

Speaking of Dallas, Amanda and Chris (v2) seem to have lost their Amazing Fanny Pack. It couldn't happen two seasons in a row, could it?

I agree. I don't remember how exactly it was worded in the preview but it just seemed like they misplaced the fanny pack (and will find it after a nice suspense building commercial break of course), while last season it was pretty much a given that Dallas had lost his.

I always find it funny when everyone's racing to catch a train/plane/whatever and then the only one leaving doesn't depart for like 6hrs, so that the 1st 6 teams or so end up leaving at the same time.

I agree. I don't remember how exactly it was worded in the preview but it just seemed like they misplaced the fanny pack (and will find it after a nice suspense building commercial break of course), while last season it was pretty much a given that Dallas had lost his.

That was anticlimactic.

I missed the first few minutes of the episode...so how is that there was one team on the first task, like 40 minutes into the show? Did they miss their plane or something?

I missed the first few minutes of the episode...so how is that there was one team on the first task, like 40 minutes into the show? Did they miss their plane or something?

They got tickets for a flight that missed its transfer in Amsterdam and heavy fog kept them there until 9:30 AM the next day. Everyone else arrived around 12:30 that morning. So they're about 9 hours behind everyone else.