TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

So long Vlad Rad, you wore out your welcome.

Good move financially for the Lakers as they get rid of Vlad's albatross of a contract. Hopefully, Shannon Brown can be the defensive help at the guard the Lakers need and anything out of Adam Morrison is a huge bonus. Both contracts are expiring this year, if I'm not mistaken, right?

I was on the Shaq for Odom bandwagon for a minute, but common sense prevailed after a while. I'd love for Shaq to come back next year for his swan song year, but his presence alone is a distraction. Can you imagine Phil telling Shaq to come off the bench, if/when Bynum comes back? Yeah right. After the Celtics win, I want to see if Odom becomes the player everyone thought he would be. Hate to see it happen with another team. He's just so maddening.

Guest Vitamin X

The Amare trade makes even less sense, at least for Miami. Why would they trade two players who provide good offense and defense and get a guy who'll hog the ball away from Wade and not play defense. Awful.

Guest Vitamin X

You said Marion too, though! Why would he go back to Phoenix almost exactly a year after he left and was upset with the organization??

Guest Vitamin X
The Spurs would have to trade like half of their team to make that work under the salary cap.

True, but the Spurs have a lot of junk/expiring contracts. Check out this trade I made:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=

Ime Udoka (PSU represent!), Jacque Vaughn, Kurt Thomas, Roger Mason, and Michael Finley for Vince Carter. VC has 4 years left on his $14mil contract and all of the guys the Spurs would send have 1 or 2 years left (the 2 year guys being Mason and Thomas). Spurs clear out some cap room, and get Vince Carter, while the Nets can try and keep Finley, Mason, or Udoka... not to mention SA would have VC, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli which is a pretty fab foursome.

Another way they could try and work it is by trading Manu, but that would be kinda pointless.

Unless the Nets are going to get some personal satisfaction out of seeing the Spurs win a 5th NBA title I don't see why they would trade their biggest chip for a bunch of junk parts. Clearing cap space isn't going to lure any big free agents out to the swamp lands of Jersey.

The Spurs would have to trade like half of their team to make that work under the salary cap.

True, but the Spurs have a lot of junk/expiring contracts. Check out this trade I made:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=

Ime Udoka (PSU represent!), Jacque Vaughn, Kurt Thomas, Roger Mason, and Michael Finley for Vince Carter. VC has 4 years left on his $14mil contract and all of the guys the Spurs would send have 1 or 2 years left (the 2 year guys being Mason and Thomas). Spurs clear out some cap room, and get Vince Carter, while the Nets can try and keep Finley, Mason, or Udoka... not to mention SA would have VC, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli which is a pretty fab foursome.

Another way they could try and work it is by trading Manu, but that would be kinda pointless.

Word out of Jersey is George Hill and Roger Mason are the 2 guys the Nets want. While the Spurs would include Bowen and Finley with the understanding they'll be waved and resign with the Spurs.

And as much as I hate the guy, Vince would be a huge acquisition. If anyone have get him to give a shit, it's Popovich and Duncan.

Link please, would be interested in reading about this.

The Nets would be retarded to trade Vince, especially since they're starting to play really well.