TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

Hey, two fun interviews with Pavel Datsyuk.

"Don't touch my dream with your dirty hands!" will be on Datsyuk signs everywhere.

I just read those yesterday, tremendous stuff. Even with his limited English he has a great sense of humor. Also Hossa seems to mostly play with Hudler and Franzen but as you know Babcock likes to mix it up.

Actually those are translated back from Russian. Of course, Russian doesn't always give clear translations to English.

Oh I know, I meant in general Datsyuk is very funny.

Yes, he did score a goal- his first in over 3 years- but he's such a shitty defenseman. With Cloutier and LaBarbera gone, Gauthier, Armstrong, and Kyle Calder are really the only players on the team I dislike.

Gauthier being a shitty defenseman is in some ways a misnomer. He's better than quite a few of the players who get played as the 6th defensemen currently in the league. I don't see any reason to dislike Army or Calder, so I'm assuming you post or read a Kings messageboard somewhere out there. I have over 6500 posts at HFboards, but I don't buy into the mob mentality. There's some players I dislike. I'm sure they aren't players any Kings fan would mention either. Ersberg's one of them.

Calder's been good ever since being put on a line with Stoll and Brown. Good enough to make me wonder if we should bring him back on the cheap next year.

I'll admit, my friend who got me into hockey as well as the Kings message board I go to kind of hammered that mentality into my head, yes. Also, the NHL 08 and 09 video games. Calder and Armstrong aren't horrible; it's just that those guys and Gauthier are weak links. Ersberg, I certainly don't hate, but he's been shit since returning from injury a while back.

Anyhow, it may have been posted in here, but DirecTV/Dish/Time Warner are having a free preview of Center Ice. I hope the Kings game isn't blacked out.

The referees have fucked the Kings in the ass without lube tonight. Horrendous.

At least Edmonton got nothing out of their game tonight.

Yeah, that Stoll high sticking penalty where the other Shark did the high sticking was especially bad. The result was nothing surprising, though, given the opposition along with the fact that Quick had the night off. It was a tight game until halfway through when the Sharks scored a couple quick ones, but overall the game was a solid 60 minutes of high quality hockey from both teams. Hopefully the Kings will have better luck on Saturday when I go to see them play Phoenix at Staples Center.

One thing that bugged me about tonight's game was that NHL Center Ice showed the standard def feed. Why do that when there was a perfectly good HD feed coming from the same channel? I want to see my team in high definition. The Kings/Ducks game last night was the last of 10 HD broadcasts of Kings games this season. TEN. All the Lakers games on FS West are in HD. Why not the Kings games, too?

"Yeah, that Stoll high sticking penalty where the other Shark did the high sticking was especially bad."

No shit...the EXACT same thing happened to Buffalo when we played the Sharks. They got a free powerplay for getting hit with a teammates stick. It was bullshit...and they got TWO in the same week and a half?

Yeah. I don't know the Sharks' players' names, but it happened. I guess the mistake was due to the referee's angle, and they don't have the benefit of the multiple replays we have at home- at least not on that sort of play. But I didn't realize it had happened recently prior to this instance.

The Habs' season just keeps getting better:

Montreal's La Presse newspaper is expected to report in Friday's edition that some members of the team may have had a relationship with an alleged criminal who was recently arrested in a sting operation by Montreal police.

The police reportedly recorded conversations between the arrested man, Mangiola Pasquale, and at least two players.Pasquale was arrested on charges of drug trafficking last Thursday.

The Habs' season just keeps getting better:

Montreal's La Presse newspaper is expected to report in Friday's edition that some members of the team may have had a relationship with an alleged criminal who was recently arrested in a sting operation by Montreal police.

The police reportedly recorded conversations between the arrested man, Mangiola Pasquale, and at least two players.Pasquale was arrested on charges of drug trafficking last Thursday.

And those players are said to be the Kostitsyn brothers and Roman Hamrlik.

The Ducks are old, but everyone talked about their soon-to-be free agents, so that could be a good thing with unloading players. I think Bobby Ryan is the biggest bright spot on the roster and could be the best player on the team.

I'm just waiting for the Leafs to develop into a Burkeian powerhouse. Which means win the Cup, then quickly disintegrate.

Guest Czech please!

I'd be very surprised if the Blackhawks made any significant moves. I have kind of a 2005 Bulls vibe from this team, that "the core" isn't going to be touched. How would Doug Weight or Bill Guerin or some player like that get this team closer to a championship? I guess it might be nice to have "veteran leadership" or some shit since that actually seems to matter in hockey, and if nothing else it's a warm body to spell a youngster or two heading into the postseason, but I don't feel anything like "aha! Doug Weight is the missing piece of this puzzle!"

I'd still like to see internal personnel moves, though. Sharp's out 3+ weeks after a bitchass kneeshot from Steve Ott, but I'm guessing that they'll call up Kontiola or Skille up from Rockford if they need something that resembles a scoring threat, since repeatedly dressing Craig Adams has proven untenable. Get this: Tues. night, he gets a double-minor for high-sticking Lacavalier. On the power play, Stamkos gets his second goal of the night, knocks some time off the penalty, gets the hat trick moments later. Ugh. Guy's acceptable as a fill-in for Troy Brouwer or Adam Burish, but not for a guy with 20some goals! I better see one of the IceHogs come up soon, as well as Burish shattering what's left of Ott's hand tomorrow afternoon. If he's half the man he claims to be, he'll do it. "I can't fight, I broke muh fightin' hand." Piss off.

Regarding Montreal, I swear I saw this exact story play out here in Ottawa last year. Hot start, shaky goaltending, late season swoon, infighting amongst the team...next thing you know, Carbonneau will get fired and the Canadiens will get swept out in the first round by the Bruins.

OK, we didn't have a mobster story here, but with Emery, I would've believed it could have happened.

I'm just waiting for the Leafs to ..win the Cup

No, I can't imagine why no one takes your hockey input seriously.

Being the type of guy to find the sun in any grey, cloudy sky: If Hamrlik and the Kostistyns get arrested (or convicted), what happens to the Habs' cap space? Of course, that probably won't happen by the 4th, with our justice system. This stupid country.

The way you edited my post shows that you don't understand what I said. And what, a Leafs Cup victory is that out of the question?

They aren't going to get charged.

They can't be charged to clear up cap space? Please, please, can't they be charged to clear up cap space?

SO, how do I not understand your post? You said, basically "I'm just waiting for the Leafs to win the Cup, then implode. That's what Burke does." Yes, a Leafs Cup victory is that out of the question.

The Habs have played well against the Sens this year - a bowl of Tim Horton's chili is on the line with my buddy who's a Sens fan.

The way you edited my post shows that you don't understand what I said. And what, a Leafs Cup victory is that out of the question?

12366100.5048021.jpg