TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

While Begin can be an agitator, his offensive skills lacked any real threat. Clearing up him and Dandenault gives Montreal a bit of room to find a PF for their playoff push.

That game was awesome. Got heckled and yelled for much of the game, but the Leafs won in the end.

Vesa Toskala is the worst goalie of all time. Jason Blake is the man.

The hit on Hagman was dirty as shit, leave it to Islander fans to boo the penalty.

How rare is two SHG in a game? Because I saw that tonight and I think it's really cool.

That Witt elbow on Hagman was disgusting.

It was bad because of Hagman was trying to deke around Witt. He should get two games for the suspension though for the elbow.

Guest Czech please!

What should I know about this Antropov fellow. Russians haven't had a high success rate here.

Big.

Scorer.

Sometimes lazy.

I think you'd like him a lot. He's a good fit for a lot of teams.

So, I know I'm the new hockey fan around here. But I've watched all 55 televised Kings games this season (including Kings/Wings which is on now), 4 games online that weren't televised, the occasional game between other teams, and I've attended nearly 20 combined ECHL and NHL games. The one thing I still don't understand about the sport is this- why do guys get kicked out of the faceoff circle?

What should I know about this Antropov fellow. Russians haven't had a high success rate here.

He's not that good. He's supposed to have been the next big thing in Toronto, and it's been that way since 2000. He's from Kazhikstan, but is no relation to Borat

Guest Czech please!

So apparently the Penguins don't even need Crosby in the lineup to get every call? Jesus. Blackhawks are careening into 9th like they want to be there.

He's not that good. He's supposed to have been the next big thing in Toronto, and it's been that way since 2000. He's from Kazhikstan, but is no relation to Borat

He's actually a bargain: 2.5 mil for a 20-goal man. On the other hand, he's not gonna score 20 anywhere else in the league, since no team is going to stubbornly give such a Clydesdale first-line ice time for eight seasons.

Damn, missed my chance to sneak in the line from Major League 2 I wanted to use:

"We won a game yesterday! Win one today? That's two in a row. Tomorrow? That's called a winning streak. It has happened before."

If there's any truth to these Pronger to Boston rumors I officially have no opinion. I hate the fucker but a top 4 of Chara/Pronger/Wideman/Ward all but guarantees conference finals.

He's actually a bargain: 2.5 mil for a 20-goal man. On the other hand, he's not gonna score 20 anywhere else in the league, since no team is going to stubbornly give such a Clydesdale first-line ice time for eight seasons.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/...s=headlines_nhl

First round pick for Antropov? Haha.

Antropov also is streaky, it seems like he'll go weeks without scoring a goal. He's really not that good, as CG said, he's lucky that the Leafs are the only team that think he had some potential.

I remember when he was included in every trade rumour for a big name player, and the Leafs wouldn't budge.

I guarantee the Kings aren't trading Frolov unless they a Kovalchuk or Vanek type player.

Guarantee.

So apparently the Penguins don't even need Crosby in the lineup to get every call? Jesus. Blackhawks are careening into 9th like they want to be there.

Not that I'm a conspiracy guy but you KNOW the league really really really doesn't want Pittsburgh and the Golden Boy to not make the playoffs. Half of their marketing would be lost.

If there's any truth to these Pronger to Boston rumors I officially have no opinion. I hate the fucker but a top 4 of Chara/Pronger/Wideman/Ward all but guarantees conference finals.

And most likely you will be losing Kessel, Bergeron or Krejci in this deal.

And most likely you will be losing Kessel, Bergeron or Krejci in this deal.

IF IF IF

any of those players are involved, the deal isn't made. Period. Chiarelli understands what has gotten the Bruins this far has been their young players stepping up big. To trade Kessel in the midst of his breakout year would be stupid, as would selling low on Bergeron. Krejci might just end up being the best of them all. For one of them to go would just be crazy. They can fit Pronger's salary in by dealing Kobasew and assorted parts (Lashoff, Stuart) and draft picks (though the Bruins do not have a 2nd this year).

The Ducks would deal Pronger for nothing less than Kessel on the Bruins end. They need wingers badly.

So the deal wouldn't get done...

Jesus fucking Christ, let the teams play. I'd hate to see a game of this quality be decided by officiating.

Edit: Boston ties it. I'm sure the even up call for Washington will come soon.

Haha, wow. Semin surely must have seen something to score from there. Wow.

Edit: I haven't seen a goalie leave the net as fast as Thomas just did after letting that goal in.

Craig Billington.

In other news, despite being outplayed in 40 minutes, Habs beat San Jose, and their PP is finally clicking.