TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

Weekend Box Office Report

1 N He's Just Not That Into You WB (NL) $27,465,000 - 3,175 - $8,650 $27,465,000 - 1

2 1 Taken Fox $20,300,000 -17.9% 3,184 +1 $6,376 $53,364,000 - 2

3 N Coraline Focus $16,335,000 - 2,299 - $7,105 $16,335,000 - 1

4 N The Pink Panther 2 Sony $12,000,000 - 3,243 - $3,700 $12,000,000 - 1

5 2 Paul Blart: Mall Cop Sony $11,000,000 -20.7% 3,169 -37 $3,471 $97,002,000 $26 4

6 N Push Sum. $10,204,000 - 2,313 - $4,412 $10,204,000 - 1

7 5 Gran Torino WB $7,420,000 -9.9% 2,705 -310 $2,743 $120,280,000 $33 9

8 6 Slumdog Millionaire FoxS $7,400,000 -3.0% 1,724 +91 $4,292 $77,426,000 $15 13

9 3 The Uninvited P/DW $6,400,000 -38.0% 2,344 - $2,730 $18,379,000 - 2

10 4 Hotel for Dogs P/DW $5,820,000 -32.6% 2,734 -426 $2,129 $55,234,000 - 4

11 7 Underworld: Rise of the Lycans SGem $3,900,000 -48.6% 2,042 -900 $1,910 $39,659,000 $35 3

12 8 New in Town LGF $3,300,000 -51.0% 1,941 - $1,700 $11,928,000 - 2

Saw Push over the weekend, and it was pretty strange stuff. Very incohesive storyline, extremely hard to follow, but somewhat entertaining. They just could have done so much with the idea behind the film, basically people with special powers. Moreless it turned into a really bad hybrid idea derived from the Heroes TV show. Seemed like they were building a sequal out of this by the end of the film, which I found just as strange.

Saw Push over the weekend, and it was pretty strange stuff. Very incohesive storyline, extremely hard to follow, but somewhat entertaining. They just could have done so much with the idea behind the film, basically people with special powers. Moreless it turned into a really bad hybrid idea derived from the Heroes TV show. Seemed like they were building a sequal out of this by the end of the film, which I found just as strange.

Yea, Push was weird. I accepted it for being a two hour episode of Heroes, but toward the end they just made it confusing for the sake of being confusing. They overdid the persuasion superpower I felt.

Dakota Fanning was just weird.

She's pretty great in Coraline though.

Coraline is really good. I loved it throughout.

I saw FANBOYS last night, and there is a reason it sat on the shelf so long. Besides a few of the cameos, the movie was utter crap. It wasn't funny at all. I chuckled a couple of times, but I was so bored. The only good thing about the main characters was Kristen Bell. She was smokin' hot! There is a great Seth Rogan bit, but that didn't make the movie worth seeing. From what I saw, it made $164,000 in only 44 theaters for a pretty good take, but I wonder home many other people wanted their money back after seeing this crap. I haven't disliked a movie I saw in theaters since I saw WATERWORLD.

Guest Smues

I saw Coraline last night and was very impresses. I went because my wife wanted to, and I wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. I saw it in 3D in and just looked amazing. And there was a song by They Might Be Giants in there so it was win win for me.

Oh and I'm glad to see Pink Panther 2 not do so well. DER BERGER!

Saw Taken this afternoon, after the daughter gets kidnapped it turns into a pretty fun movie.

What's always been said about Neeson having a bad American accent holds up, but still a cool movie.

"We can neg-"

*BLAM!*

Why is Pink Panther 2 in the top ten?

Because The Wrestler never hit the marginal theatres and stayed in the big cities?

Yea, Push was weird. I accepted it for being a two hour episode of Heroes, but toward the end they just made it confusing for the sake of being confusing. They overdid the persuasion superpower I felt.

Dakota Fanning was just weird.

No doubt about that, by the end you didn't really get who did what, and how, and to whom. It was way too convoluted to say the least.

Yeah, and the whole Dakota Fanning role was extremely strange, especially how they dressed her particularly, and whatnot. There wasn't much of a connecting character there whatsoever.

Still happy to see New in Town dying at the box office. What a generic looking movie.

Believe it or not, its a huge hit around here, since the town portrayed in the film (New Ulm, MN) is about 20 miles away. The old folks are loving this one up apparently.

Her whole character didn't make any sense. That, and seeing her hold a gun and drink was just stupid.

I saw New In Town, it's the worst film I've seen so far this year.

Pink Panther made a lot of money in 2006, how, I don't know. It was a huge hit internationally, and I think they're hoping this one also does well overseas

I saw FANBOYS last night, and there is a reason it sat on the shelf so long. Besides a few of the cameos, the movie was utter crap. It wasn't funny at all. I chuckled a couple of times, but I was so bored. The only good thing about the main characters was Kristen Bell. She was smokin' hot! There is a great Seth Rogan bit, but that didn't make the movie worth seeing. From what I saw, it made $164,000 in only 44 theaters for a pretty good take, but I wonder home many other people wanted their money back after seeing this crap. I haven't disliked a movie I saw in theaters since I saw WATERWORLD.

That's disappointing I remember seeing trailers for this a couple of years back and they seemed funny.

Push has been mentioned as similar to Heroes, but in some ways I thought it looked like this year's version of Jumper with Evans in the Christensen role and Hounsou in the Samuel Jackson role. The idea of these kids with superpowers being either recruited or hunted is also quite a bit like Harbinger as well.