TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

TNA releases Hoyt, Williams

At tonight's TNA Impact taping in Orlando, Florida, Petey Williams lost a "loser leaves town" match. We have confirmed this will be Williams' last match for the company as he is being released.

We have also confirmed that Lance Hoyt/Rock is also done with TNA.

More TNA releases are expected, but have not yet been confirmed.

-PWinsider.com

This explains why Petey's been losing...but I always liked him and hate seeing him go. Hoyt...no one cares.

TNA keeps pissing me off recently, and they go and release one of my favorite wrestlers on the roster. I hope this wasn't to make room for Brutus Magnus.

I would be willing to bet Petey actually asked for his release. He's just totally lost in the shuffle there.

As for Hoyt, I'm sure he's been seeing the light on touring overseas more than anything, and finally is probably going to do more work over there.

I doubt Petey asked for his release unless he has work in ROH lined up or something (money is money afterall, and the economy is in the shitter). I doubt the wwe will come calling, I guess he could pay his own way into FCW if he was so inclined.

I wonder who else gets the axe.

I saw this on another site. Seems strange to see these two guys go because these are some of the "TNA Originals", at least in my eyes. Even though Hoyt hasn't been used much lately, he's pretty much been in TNA forever. I'm really sad to see Petey go. I doubt we will see him in WWE, one because of style and size and as much as I like him, the only way he'd be able to get over in the E is with the Canadian Destroyer, and that isn't be allowed.

People are getting Young being cut by mistakingly reading the spoilers.

Young teamed with Petey. Petey lost the match for his team. He's gone.

So, Young's safe...for now.

I read those spoilers...and I have to say...if you're going to release people anyway I kind of like that they're putting Beer Money over while doing it.

That's what I thought too. Pretty good idea of turning their real-life cutting spree into something.

Not only that but choosing Beer Money to get the storyline. Nice.

Unless he is already done, I guess it would be safe to assume Rock and Rave fight Beer Money next and Hoyt eats the pin, but then what? I mean, Beer Money should be featured, but are they really releasing someone through an angle every week now? How long does this last?

Petey was toast once he did the Steiner wannabe gimmick. A gimmick like that is hard to overcome especially once the real guy definitely kicks his ass.

TNA is in a very bizarre position in some ways. I've noted in the past that the old washed up guys in TNA terms are actually fresher than the "TNA Original" guys. The various MEM members aren't really as stale and played out as much younger TNA wrestlers like Eric Young, Abyss, even a few major names like Joe and Styles.

TNA is in a very bizarre position in some ways. I've noted in the past that the old washed up guys in TNA terms are actually fresher than the "TNA Original" guys. The various MEM members aren't really as stale and played out as much younger TNA wrestlers like Eric Young, Abyss, even a few major names like Joe and Styles.

That's kind of true...but kind of not. TNA has like 1.5 million eyes on them now...and there's only a tiny tiny percentage of that who would have ever seen Young or Petey before TNA hit Spike. Everyone is equally stale to most people.

Except Beer Money. Beer Money still rules.

I know I keep saying this...but just think of how many people in TNA get taken down by their character or the booking. How long until...Booker was just another guy? One match? Look what happened to Abyss! Then you look at Beer Money and them not just staying over...but getting more and more over is damned impressive. James Storm has been defying the odds in this company for 7 years and needs a lifetime achievement TNA title run at some point.

I read on lords of pain that Rave was also released. I'd post the link, but I'm on my phone posting this.

A tidbit from PWInsider from Rajah.com:

Some fans spotted Petey Williams leaving Orlando, Florida this morning sporting a new look. He shaved his head and goatee.

Yet another bald wrestler.

Could have just been to get his natural hair back though.