TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zappafrank

Vince Fighting Internet Leaks

Saw a link to this from 411:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/126742-...-internet-leaks

The WWE is now turning to new and inventive ways of preventing spoilers to leak out on the internet prior to Pay Per Views.

Vince McMahon was determined to make sure that reports of Edge working both Elimination Chamber matches at No Way Out did not leak out on the internet prior to the Pay Per View.

McMahon was very upset that the Christian return news leaked prior to the Royal Rumble. He was so upset that he had the creative team change the entire storyline, and switch Matt Hardy into the role of Jeff's attacker.

To make sure that the No Way Out plans were not leaked, McMahon actually ordered the ring crew to put up a gigantic tarp over the entire Elimination Chamber in order to prevent people from seeing who was in the ring as wrestlers worked out the script for the match.

Honestly, I love this new "magical trick" the WWE used. It is about time that the WWE understood the power and the value of the internet wrestling world!

I love a shocking new development unfolding right before my eyes, and the WWE should use more of these tactics to keep information sealed so that no spoilers get out!

The WWE gets two thumbs way up from me on this topic.

Thanks for reading,

-Josh Swell (THE FUTURE)

He needs to make up his mind. Either the IWC makes up a minuscule portion of their fan base or it doesn't.

Also, mortar works better than duct tape.

I got scared for a second and thought he was fighting the leaking of video for live ppv.

That is damn near impossible to stop. They can stop a lot of the main stream feeds, but people are always going to find ways to steam Pay Per Views and TV regardless.

This is not going to stop the leaks. Killing Dave Meltzer would be a far better way to stop the spoilers. If anything, this shows that McMahon has ZERO trust for any of his employees if he has to prevent them from seeing the product that they are trying to produce.

Why doesn't he just make everyone sign an NDA, then promptly fire them when they break it?

This is not going to stop the leaks. Killing Dave Meltzer would be a far better way to stop the spoilers. If anything, this shows that McMahon has ZERO trust for any of his employees if he has to prevent them from seeing the product that they are trying to produce.

Why doesn't he just make everyone sign an NDA, then promptly fire them when they break it?

That makes sense for a lot of the bigger issues. Other issues, like guys working house shows before they debuted on TV is going to get out to the masses regardless (Tomko being the most recent example).

I still don't understand this whole "Vince was pissed b/c of Christian's return being spoiled." I'll state again for the record: I for one never heard anything about a definite angle; it was all people armchair booking.

Besides, it was common knowledge for months that Christian was considering a WWE return. When it was obvious he wasn't staying with TNA, did anyone really doubt he'd be back in WWE?

Not to mention they basically came out and said he was returning on the TNA programming. I'm sure there is a big crossover of fans between the two promotions.

A rhetorical question I know, but why get so upset over such a small percentage of your audience finding out about storylines in advance? Chances are pretty good that if the storyline in question is good enough, they'll tune in to watch it anyway.

This already being discussed in General Discussion.

And apparently it warrants it's own thread.

A rhetorical question I know, but why get so upset over such a small percentage of your audience finding out about storylines in advance? Chances are pretty good that if the storyline in question is good enough, they'll tune in to watch it anyway.

Because a surprise debut or a surprise sotryline is better than knowing whats already going to happen. Surprises = People are gonna tune in to see what happens next. Already knowing = Well maybe people will tune in to see it unfold.

Actually, the Matt Hardy heel turn was leaked to Dave Scherer at PWInsider.

Vince McMahon needs to thank his Irish lucky bloodline the mainstream press and media could give a flying fuck about Professional Wrestling. If they did his storylines would be leaked on a much wider scale, his performers real lives would be exposed and ESPN coverage of steroid use would make A-Roid seem small time.

Speaking of an NDA or something similar, he had an interesting way of seeing which of the writers was leaking info not too long ago. I seem to remember him giving false information to his writers. He then kept track of who got what information, and as soon as the fake story leaked online, he knew who was responsible, and they were fired. A unique, but effective way to find your mole.

Gotta admit those devices are pretty clever and I agree with them.

The rumors do create problems.

For example would be Hogan being at Mania vs. Cena or Jericho. Now, that rumor is out there and of course word would spread to fans who aren't on the net. Hogan doesn't show up and wwe looks like they failed to deliver or something was up with Hogan or Vince. In actuality, Hogan wasn't even planned for the event. On the flip side of that they leak a rumor of Hogan vs. Jericho, but it ends up Hogan/Cena surprising fans. *Not saying any of this example is in relation to reality*

Speaking of an NDA or something similar, he had an interesting way of seeing which of the writers was leaking info not too long ago. I seem to remember him giving false information to his writers. He then kept track of who got what information, and as soon as the fake story leaked online, he knew who was responsible, and they were fired. A unique, but effective way to find your mole.

That was precisely how they got rid of Dave Lagana who was revealed to be a stooge for Dave Scherer. A Non-Disclosure Agreement would be pointless, as they obviously couldn't pinpoint who leaks information in the first place, otherwise they would have gotten rid of them. Meltzer has been writing his dirt sheet for years and years and likely has connections and direct phone lines / e-mails to nearly everyone in the business, or at least people who are in close quarters with them, including Vince McMahon himself. After the Benoit murders, Meltzer admitted that Benoit had been a source for Bryan Alvarez for some time, but that Dave wasn't very close with him. You're never going to be able to get rid of people giving out information, so there's no point in even trying.

What was the story with Bruce Pritchard getting the can a few months back? Wasn't he also revealed as a big time stooge for all the dirt sheet writers?

Vince is fighting a losing battle with this one. Whenever there is any kind of interpretive entertainment form (ie: wrestling, acting, etc) that has droves of fans, there will always be leaks, rumors and so on and that aspect will never be squashed.

Surprises are going to get out, it's just how it has to be in this day & age. The important thing, which Vince is missing, is to not turn good business decisions into bad business decisions for the sole reason of "Well now it isn't a surprise!".

Good luck with that, Vince. He has just as much of a chance to accomplish this as Sean Penn hopes that his Oscar win will make people re-think their view on homosexuals.