TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2009 World Baseball Classic

Anybody notice that Mexico's down 3-0 to Australia in the top of the first? I was really curious as to how that happened until I saw that Oliver Perez was starting.

Guest Vitamin X

In other completely unsurprising news, Cuba smashed the fuck out of South Africa today 8-1. La venganza será de nosotros!

The mistake was Luis Sojo for some reason felt he had to get Felix Hernandez in against Italy. Using your best pitcher against the weakest team in the pool tells me he doesn't have a future managing in the Majors.

That virtual Tim Lincecum ad is kinda cute the first few times but it loses a bit of its luster on the fortieth viewing.

Guest Smues

The ads would be great, if the game wasn't really, really bad. I do like that the virtual Lincecum likes Wang Chung. That's awesome in a bad way.

Rick Sutcliffe:Thom Brennaman Derek Jeter:Tim Tebow

Some team player Jeter is, he walked and didn't drive in the run! You're supposed to get that productive out!

I hope Venezuela gets a real manager next tourney. Not a token Venezuelan. There's a shitload of viable managers in Venezuela. Fuck, even in the US you can ask Omar Vizquel, or Ozzie Guillen to manage.

Czech is absolutely correct, the WBC is a stupid idea.

I second this.

The WBC is stupid, based on what? Geez, you WBC haters are like a sad broken record. A lot of people are enjoying this. Give it up already.

I personally don't give a crap about hockey or soccer, but I don't go into those threads and bash the Stanley Cup or the World Cup. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it.

Guest Smues

Adam Dunn has been such a beast these two games. And yet all he's done is clog up the bases (I've lost count of his walks, ) and killed the rally.

Really, I don't get why Dunn doesn't get more respect.

Because he strikes out a lot, I guess.

For the record, given what he signed for, I would have loved to have him on my team.

I found it comical last season before the trade deadline when several teams were supposedly "scouting" him. Like they didn't know what to expect from him by now? He is going to strike out a lot and play sub-par defense...but he will also be good for 40 or so homers, and get on base a lot. Makes any lineup more dangerous.

To anyone who says they don't get why injuries during the WBC are more upsetting than injuries during spring training, that's like asking what's the difference between getting injured at work and getting injured on your way to work.

You're right. We can't risk players traveling to Spring Training. They might get hurt on the way there.

I personally don't give a crap about hockey or soccer, but I don't go into those threads and bash the Stanley Cup or the World Cup. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it.

Terrible example. If you mentioned the World Cup of Hockey, then you might have a point, but even then I'd disagree.

And I'm not watching the WBC, doesn't mean I can't express my opinion on it.

The WBC is stupid, based on what? Geez, you WBC haters are like a sad broken record. A lot of people are enjoying this. Give it up already.

It's a meaningless international tournament that's become a joke with players playing for countries they've probably never been to, that's just to cover the fact that Selig would never close baseball for the Olympics.

As Czech said, there's real thrill in seeing these countries face off, especially with the limitations placed on the pitchers.

The Olympics are far worse with ringers. The only team that really exploits it here is Italy.

I don't like the Olympics either, except for basketball, because it's funny when the US loses, and hockey, because everyone goes all out.

Guest Smues

Does anybody know what the fuck that grinding noise is that's been heard on and off through this game?

I stopped paying attention to Australia/Mexico since I thought Mexico was going to pull away, but I look at the website just now and see that they're tied 7-7 in the top of the 7th. I wish they'd cut to the end of this game.