TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2009 World Baseball Classic

Guest Smues

And ESPN loses the feed and we get a blank screen with score ticker. But no that's not good enough so let's go to commercial. We just got back from commercial, I'd be happier to just watch the black screen and score ticker.

Edit: and hey why go to the studio and give people updates on the game when you can run ENDLESS commercials. Thanks WORLD WIDE LEADER.

Guest Smues

And USA wins to clinch advancement to the next round. Awesome. Now I want Canada to beat Venezula to get the other spot out of the pool. Plus that would hopefully mean no more Citgo commercials.

Guest Czech please!
Does anybody know what the fuck that grinding noise is that's been heard on and off through this game?

Aaron Rowand

Guest Smues
Does anybody know what the fuck that grinding noise is that's been heard on and off through this game?

Aaron Rowand

That was one of my guesses. That or they had to crank the camera to keep it powered. That would explain why they lost the feed for five minutes.

This is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and watch the games. Are any of these competitive beyond the fifth inning or so?

Netherlands/Dominican Republic and Canada/USA were both very close. Beyond that, not so much.

Dutch/Dominicans and US/Canada games on Saturday were both great but otherwise, yeah it's been almost all blowouts.

Australia mercy rules Mexico 17-7 after eight innings. Unbelievable.

Geez. That's pretty embarrassing. I'd say it's more of blow to Mexico's pride than the Dominican loss was to theirs.

Getting mercy ruled is embarassing. The Aussies have a good team though, most of their talent is at least AAA caliber.

No games outside the MLB Network today. Netherlands/PR at 6:30, winner advances out of that one. Italy/Canada in an elimination game at the same time, that one will draw interest on this board. Mexico/South Africa at 10pm in another elimination game. Now if Mexico loses, THAT will be a major embarrassment.

My brothren Team Korea beat Japan 1-0

I'm hoping for a USA/Korea finals. I'll be terribly indecisive on who I want to win, but it will be great.

Oh, and I've been looking for the 2009 Team Korea WBC hat for a few days now. I can't find it anywhere.

Netherlands and Italy both take the early 1 run leads. I'm sure one of these teams ends up getting blown out at some point, but I can't decide which. A few of my friends went and saw the Netherlands play the Pittsburgh Pirates B/C-team featuring 0 starters and thought there was no chance they won a game in this tournament.

Both teams still leading well into the game. Netherlands up 1-0 in the top of the 7th, Italy 4-2 in the bottom of the 5th. Where are the Dutch finding the pitchers that are shutting down these loaded lineups?

Puerto Rico finally breaks through on a Yadier Molina two-run double in the 8th.

Add one more, 3-1 lead going to the 9th.

Perkins was probably the worst choice to start that game.

Yes, but they really should have managed more than 2 runs.

Hopefully Mexico loses so we won't be the only ones to bomb out in our home country.

This guy Gift Ngoepe for South Africa looks pretty good out there. He's smoked two triples and looked good moving over to cover first on that bunt. I just heard he's the first black African to sign with an American baseball team.

Today's Games:

Italy vs. Venezuela, 5pm ESPN2. Winner advances, loser eliminated.

Dominican Republic vs. Netherlands, 6:30pm MLBN. Winner advances, loser eliminated.

Cuba vs. Australia, 10pm MLBN. Winner advances, loser faces Mexico tomorrow.

I love that four games of Pool 1 next round will air at 11pm ET. God forbid anyone in this country sees Cuba play.

Guest Czech please!

http://www.670-thescore.com/blog/2009/03/1...day-march-10th/

Shame on Phil Rogers. Seriously. Bud Selig’s water-carrier today closes his WBC puff piece with the line “Good times. Nothing but good times.” Earlier in the story, though, he twice mentions that Chipper Jones is now out with a strained oblique muscle. Jones was on the DL twice in 2006 with a…strained oblique muscle! Good times!

lolthatshewantsisanotherbabyshesgonetomorrow

Guest Smues
Today's Games:

Italy vs. Venezuela, 5pm ESPN2. Winner advances, loser eliminated.

Dominican Republic vs. Netherlands, 6:30pm MLBN. Winner advances, loser eliminated.

Cuba vs. Australia, 10pm MLBN. Winner advances, loser faces Mexico tomorrow.

I love that four games of Pool 1 next round will air at 11pm ET. God forbid anyone in this country sees Cuba play.

That's 7PM in Alaska, clearly Alaskans are God's chosen ones.

Guest Vitamin X

It's worse that the games are only on MLB.tv instead of, you know, an actual television network. 8pm is great for me to watch.

Barely an actual network. And using Jamie Campbell over the MLB Network feed for the Canadian games was dumb. I recorded and watched some of the Canada/US game, and you can barely hear the crowd noise. It sounded like they were calling the game over the phone.