TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - March 2, 2009

I guess next week we'll get the Von Erich announcement, and then after that... it's a toss-up of who else will get in to the Hall of Fame this year.

To tell the truth, I'm not familiar with Bill Watts at all. I've been watching the E since I was three or four years old (which 1990-1991) but never watched NWA or WCW. I'm pretty certain that im not the only one who doesn't know who he is, especially considering today's fan base.

To tell the truth, I'm not familiar with Bill Watts at all. I've been watching the E since I was three or four years old (which 1990-1991) but never watched NWA or WCW. I'm pretty certain that im not the only one who doesn't know who he is, especially considering today's fan base.

Crash course of Watts' accomplishments:

-Pretty decent star during the 50's and 60's

-Had a hand in running Georgia and Florida at certain points

-Turned Mid-South (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi) into one of the hottest and innovative territories in the country.

-Mid-South was the first promotion to have an African-American booker - Ernie Ladd

-Mid-South TV is considered some of the best episodic wrestling television in history.

-Helped give guys like JYD, Magnum T.A., The Midnight Express, The Rock and Roll Express, The Freebirds Ted DiBiase, Sting, etc. a big break in their careers

-Specifically, JYD was in incredible draw for Watts during his time in Mid-South

-Was Executive VP of WCW until office politics and what was thought to be racially insensitive comments nixed that deal

-Was an executive for the WWE in the mid '90s

Quick title match, how long is their overrun?

They can use up to 15 minutes, if the last couple of RAWs have been any indication.

Edge up to 241? What a fatty.

Oh Jesus....

I'm smoking some nugs right now and I've done none of those things. In fact, if anyone tried to draw on me, I'd shove a leaking 9 volt battery up their urethra.

I could see them having Cena win here, and then Big Show lobbies for (and gets) a title shot at WM based on him beating Cena last week. Then Edge gets added since the GM is his wife. It's not like Big Show has anything else to do at WM right now.

I'm assuming Matt and Jeff will face each other at WM, so they have their match. Christian and Swagger will probably have a match. So it is hard to figure out where they put Big Show, if the put him anywhere at all.

Looked more like a shitty sharpshooter. Besides, I thought that was the Edgeucator? God his finisher names, outside the Impaler when it's called as such, suck.