TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czech please!

This is not a Test - Andrew Martin dead

Man what a disgusting thread for the most part. Whether he died because of something he was putting in his body or because his time was up, he still deserves the same respect anyone deserves when they pass. He wasn't the greatest of all time, or even one of the good ones. But he did do more than he should have based on his talent level, and that counts for something. Sounds like he was a genuinely good guy from the comments I've seen today.

You're making a false assumption that people deserve respect when they die. If you want to respect somebody, respect them while they live. It's too late once they're gone!

I did respect the man while he was living for living his dream. Didn't matter whether I was a fan or not. Hell George Bush could die today, and I wouldn't sit there and say yayyyyyy Bush is dead. He was a horrible president so he didn't deserve to breath another breath. Yayyyy Britney Spears died, bout time for polluting the radio waves with her horrible music and taking up my valuable tv space with her personal problems. But fuck it, no use in getting to an argument on the forums on this matter as judging by the thread I'm way out numbered.

I guess he won't be extolling the virtues of steroids anymore. It's sad that family and friends have lost a loved one, but it's ironic that he spoke out against WWE in the wake of the death of Eddie Guerrero and promptly ignored the lessons that he seemed to want the company to learn.

My condolonces go out to Martin's family and friends.

I know its highly unlikely but I would hope his passing is a cautionary tale to at least the younger talent about the use of steroids. In TNA especially, as the risk-reward ratio is nowhere near as beneficial as that of working in the WWE.

http://blogs.three8six.com/jawbreaker/2009...-test.html#more

Being only 33 years old, it's another unfortunate incident. He obviously had challenges with addiction.

We were friendly, (but) he had a different group of friends as we had an age difference. I did spend a fair amount of time with him (overseas trips, etc.). He was always first-class, very cordial and a polite, professional guy.

I never saw any evidence of substance abuse until about a year and a half ago. All the time before that he was always sober and professional.

We were really close. I helped him get into rehab. WWE picked up the dollar and helped him through rehab. Andrew went in. He was doing really well, making his meetings.

He went over and worked in Japan (recently). He was in that not as busy as you once were routine. We don't know the cause of death, and I would hate to speculate.

The combination of muscle relaxers and pain pills are lethal.

He was a great guy. I kind of looked at him like a little brother. I considered him one of my better friends.

He was a big guy. He was a bud.

Wasn't Slayer supposed to do his theme a while back?

Wasn't Slayer supposed to do his theme a while back?

Not sure, but the "Across the Nation" song by Union Underground that Raw used as a theme from 2002-2005 was supposed to be his theme.