TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Confidential Preview

Confidential preview for Dec. 6, 2003

This week on Confidential, take a stroll down memory lane with Mean Gene Okerlund when he takes us back to 1996 – a year that would change the face of sports entertainment forever.

Before the year began, the world barely knew who Stone Cold Steve Austin was, and The Rock had never set foot in a WWE ring. Back then, Triple H was Hunter Hearst Helmsley and his eight different reigns with a World Championship were not even a thought. Before 1996 began, Shawn Michaels was not quite the Showstopper and the Undertaker had never before squared off with Mankind. And, if you’re a fan of the WWE Divas, when 1996 first began, the Divas were non-existent.

Believe it or not, 1996 changed all of that. In a mere 12 months, Stone Cold Steve Austin won the Royal Rumble and established Austin 3:16 as the creed for millions of fans around the world; Rocky Maivia made his WWE debut; Triple H won the Intercontinental Championship for the first time; Shawn Michaels won his first World Wrestling Federation Championship; the Undertaker and Mankind met for the first time; and Sunny and Sable graced WWE arenas to begin the era of the Divas in WWE.

Indeed, 1996 will always be remembered as a year that would forever change WWE and Confidential looks at the events and Superstars that made it such a memorable year, including the Match of the Year – Shawn Michaels against Mankind from Mind Games. It all happens on Confidential this Saturday at 11/10 CT on Spike TV!

Match of the year? The Slammy went to Bret/Shawn Iron Man match for that year!

It's funny if youo put this in perspective. 1996 doesn't really seem too long ago. But it's wierd. Brock Lesner, the current champ, was still a teenager in '96. I don't know why, but that seems funny to me.

Brock Lesner, the current champ, was still a teenager in '96. I don't know why, but that seems funny to me.

Bahahah.

"DUDE, UNDERTAKER GOT BURIED ALIVE. OH, CRAP. THIS IS NOT GOOD."

Guest JumpinJackFlash

If this is the only thing on Confidential, then its going to be AWESOME! :headbang: If not, then it won't be as good as it could've become. :(

I want them to do a 97 edition and explain the Gang Warz.

If they ever did a '97 one, it would revolve around a certain November event...

Bret Hart beginning the destruction of WCW?

Oh, wait. They already did that one. I guess it'll be Rick Rude showing up on RAW and Nitro the same night!

In case anyone wants to know what crap will be shown before Confidential.

Velocity preview for Dec. 6, 2003

On Velocity this week, the main event features two of the most rugged Superstars in WWE today as Bradshaw takes on Rhyno. Will we see the Gore or the Clothesline from Hell? Find out on Velocity!

Also, in a match between two of the up and coming cruiserweights, Akio will face Funaki in a match that should feature some high-flying maneuvers. Orlando Jordan will also be in action, as will the tag team of Spanky and Paul London.

Velocity will also look back at one of the most exciting editions of SmackDown! this year. Chavo Guerrero had a classic match with Shelton Benjamin that featured some incredible in-ring action and some out of the ring antics by Eddie Guerrero that you will definitely want to see. Also, some major controversy hit SmackDown! during both the No. 1 Contender’s Match between John Cena and Chris Benoit and the subsequent WWE Championship Match with Brock Lesnar. If you missed SmackDown! on Thursday, do not miss the highlights on Velocity this week!

It all happens on Velocity this Saturday at 10/9 CT on Spike TV!

Guest dwdw_IGN

Didn't they vote in Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart as MOTY rather than Shawn Michaels/Mankind. God it looks like Vince isn't the only one in WWE going senile!

They still gave "best match" to the Iron Man match at the Slammy awards the following year around WM13 when Shawn lost his smile.

Guest Anglesault

I like Foley/HBK over Austin/Hart (SurSer)

I like Freddy Joe Floyd/The Goon over HBK/Hart (Mania)

Guest Askewniverse
I want them to do a 97 edition and explain the Gang Warz.

If they ever did a '97 one, it would revolve around a certain November event...

Bret Hart beginning the destruction of WCW?

Oh, wait. They already did that one. I guess it'll be Rick Rude showing up on RAW and Nitro the same night!

I know exactly what it is.

The date- November 9, 1997

The place- the Molsen Center in Montreal

The PPV- Survivor Series

It was one of the most anticipated matches of the year. When it was all said and done, the Truth Commission emerged victorious over DOA, thanks to the impressive performance by Kurrgan.

What else could it be? Nothing else important happened at Survivor Series that year, other than Kane's first PPV match.