TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

TUF V: The Thread

great show from UFC shame about Manny though, i think he'll wind up with a contract along with Joe Lauzon and maybe Cole, Rob and Gray, i really think UFC should change their show format to have 6 PPVs a year and 6 to 7 Spike shows, but i guess they have to make money somehow

Damn fun night.

- Huerta is all "Oh shit, I'm losing this fight" and turns it up a notch in the second. Evans definitely earned himself an invite back.

- Leities looking great with the JUDO and the JUDO CHOKE (or at least they called it as such).

- Maynard/Emerson was good until the finish. Then it got balls-out awesome. The body-shot Maynard threw from on top that started the damage was gully. Crazy ending, though. To play Devils Advocate in terms of seeing where the NSAC is coming from, Gray was fucked up upon impact and Emerson tapped a few seconds later, which I'm guessing is why they made the ruling. It just sucks for Gray because until the decision was read he was fully under the impression that he'd won.

- Lauzon/Melendez was lots of fun with Melendez toying with Joe by giving up his back until Joe's like "Fuck this, I'll just go for a triangle next time."

- Fucking Manny. You were my pick to take the fight and by the looks of things you would've. Ah well, you'll get another shot and we now have a Diaz as a UFC Champ (albeit of a reality show).

- Seeing Wang go limp was grand. Goldberg jizzing all over Cole's shitty-as-hell head kick was retarded.

- Well, nobody (including myself) thought Jens would survive the first round so good for him. Now Jens can go get raped by Faber and BJ can go lose to Hughes and GSP again.

Now Jens can go get raped by Faber and BJ can go lose to Hughes and GSP again.

I think if BJ shows the same intensity and shows up in the same kind of shape he showed for the Pulver fight. He CAN beat both.

Need I remind you BJ was dominating Matt Hughes both on the ground and standing for 2 rounds until suffering a rib injury and then getting manhandled by Matt Hughes. Also that you could make a decent argument that BJ won the GSP fight, as it was a razor close desicion.

BJ certainly has the skillset to beat both Hughes and GSP. He's proven it against Matt Hughes, and certainly a rematch with GSP will most likely be a close desicion again. Either way I wouldnt just jump to conclusions and automatically think BJ is going to lose to both of them, especially with all the MMAos that has happen this year alone, but BJ beating both Hughes and GSP wouldnt be labeled as MMAos.

That Maynard/Emerson NC was some crazy shit. Maynard was really hot at not being given the win, but there's no doubt he was out of it after the slam. Whether he should have won because Emerson tapped out before it was noticed Maynard was out is open to question, and there is a precedent for this; the first Matt Hughes win over Carlos Newton, where Hughes KO'd Newton with the powerbomb off of the triangle choke but was himself out of it from the choke yet was still declared the winner. I expected Penn to win the main event, but I was still holding out hope for Pulver to pull out the upset.

A great night of action, and the rating should be interesting, especially how the main event grew.

That Maynard/Emerson NC was some crazy shit. Maynard was really hot at not being given the win, but there's no doubt he was out of it after the slam. Whether he should have won because Emerson tapped out before it was noticed Maynard was out is open to question, and there is a precedent for this; the first Matt Hughes win over Carlos Newton, where Hughes KO'd Newton with the powerbomb off of the triangle choke but was himself out of it from the choke yet was still declared the winner

Not really, this was more a Niko Vitale/Matt Lindland situation, except Emerson tapped. In that instance Lindland KO'd himself with a suplex attempt but KO'd himself as Niko Vitale's weight was shifted on him and he basically slammed his head on the mat and had Vitale's bodyweight fall on him. Because Niko was awake, he got the TKO win.

With Newton/Hughes the fight went to Hughes because he gained consciousness quickly after the slam rendered Carlos Newton unconscious and was able to stand and recover almost as soon as the pressure was off his throat. He blacked out for mere seconds.

If Emerson hadn't tapped and managed to sweep him and threw just one punch it may have been more decisive, but his rib injury and subsequent tap out effectively made the no contest inevitable.

With Newton/Hughes the fight went to Hughes because he gained consciousness quickly after the slam rendered Carlos Newton unconscious and was able to stand and recover almost as soon as the pressure was off his throat. He blacked out for mere seconds.

Hughes might have only been out for seconds, but he was still out. Whether he recovered quickly or not, I don't think he should have been declared the winner because he was just as out of it as Newton was and if Newton didn't win then Hughes shouldn't have been given the win simply because he recovered faster. If you're out of it like Hughes was, whether you recover quickly or not, you lose because you can't defend yourself. If the other guy is out of it too, then the fight should be called a No Contest. One guy shouldn't get a win just because he recovered faster.

Hughes might have only been out for seconds, but he was still out. Whether he recovered quickly or not, I don't think he should have been declared the winner because he was just as out of it as Newton was and if Newton didn't win then Hughes shouldn't have been given the win simply because he recovered faster. If you're out of it like Hughes was, whether you recover quickly or not, you lose because you can't defend yourself. If the other guy is out of it too, then the fight should be called a No Contest. One guy shouldn't get a win just because he recovered faster.

I think at the time they felt the slam was a counter, they didn't realise it was Matt collapsing, hence the rematch they had which ended much like Penn-Hughes II with Hughes pounding out a TKO from a crossbody pin.

I still think Emerson could have stole the win if he hadn't tapped.

Leities looking great with the JUDO and the JUDO CHOKE (or at least they called it as such).

Head and arm choke isn't a judo choke, check out judoinfo.com's shimezawa syllabus.

http://www.judoinfo.com/shime.htm

They need a Ultimate Fight Night based around LW rematches

Fisher/Stout III

Diaz/Manny II

Emerson/Gray II

Guida Griffin II

that would be an awesome Fight Night show, and for the hell of it throw on Hughes/GSP 3 to really draw ratings

I'm both a little upset and kind of excited for B.J. going back up to 170.

For one, he looked phenomenal at 155 and I'd love to see him be a champ at two weight classes. On the other hand, I'd like to see this new cardio ready B.J. take on GSP and Hughes. I agree with whoever above said he can beat both. He can. But you never know which B.J. you're gonna get.

And yeah...Faber will kill Jens. But that will be a money fight to watch. Hopefully it's on Vs.

And Micah Miller is Cole's brother... I thought that it was possible when I saw Micah fight but I wasn't sure.

They need a Ultimate Fight Night based around LW rematches

Fisher/Stout III

Diaz/Manny II

Emerson/Gray II

Guida Griffin II

that would be an awesome Fight Night show, and for the hell of it throw on Hughes/GSP 3 to really draw ratings

No way they throw away a possible PPV goldmine in Hughes/GSP III on Spike.

The finale is being replayed Thursday night, so at least I'll be able to catch the rest of the show (came home in time for Diaz/Manny and the main event).