TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

TUF V: The Thread

"Atleast I didn't get knocked out by a bitch." - Jens Pulver talking about Joe Lauzon.

I'm going to remember this quote, I'm really starting to like Jens more and more each week.

1) Don't fuck w/ Lauzon

"I'm glad I wasn't beaten by a bitch". Nice backhanded compliment there, Jens.

Joe "Not a Bitch" Lauzon. Probably not a nickname you want to use.

3) Emerson got jobbed. Corey didn't do ANYTHING. It shouldn't have even gone to sudden victory. Those leg kicks trumped anything Corey did.

Personally I thought Rob won the first round, but once again - boxing judges. If you're engaging in a standup war, they'll probably favour the guy pushing the pace unless the other guy is doing a lot more, and I suppose that Rob wasn't. Overall, I give it an "eh".

Seemed kinda random that they kicked Wang out. Specially with the other guys smokin up and gettin drunk.

It was the equivalent of "Ok, you guys aren't listening, you aren't training hard, you are constantly losing... NO MORE PIGGY BACK RIDES FROM TONY!!"

"Go home, do push ups, do cart wheels, jerk off"

Dana White, President.

Can you imagine him selling UFC to Showtime or HBO? The Fertitta brothers probably had to tie him up and gag him before he busted out a Rhino-esque promo on them about what he would do to them if they didn't show UFC.

For the record, I also said "Oh hamburgers" during the Weems/No Beef fight.

Jesus Christo did Wiman tool Marlon. 'Twas as it should have been on both accounts. Let the next-round booking begin.

I don't get it... if Wang was kicked off Team Penn, and was acting like a whiny cunt about being on Team Not-A-Bitch, why didn't Dana just kick his ass to the curb? He had no problem letting lazy ass Gabe go. If Wang was going to be a dick (pun intended), why let him stay and train? They had six other alternates to choose from if someone got hurt. Cut the unmotivated retard.

And really, his whole "honourable warrior" routine was wearing really thin. "Even though BJ cut me, I thought I still owed him some loyalty." "I'm a ronin, a teacher-less warrior." Blah blah blah. I hated his whole spiel before his fight, I hated his relentless inablility to follow directions during his fight, and I hated his self-delusion after he lost his fight. And now after he disrespected Jens, I hate him even more. Let that stupid Asian crybaby go already.

And how in the world did Weems get all those wins? Wasn't he like 13-6 before his fight? (I can't remember the exact numbers, but he had a lot of wins) The guy had no game whatsoever. As much as I don't like Team Penn, I'm glad Weems got schooled the way he did. No business being in there.

Seemed kinda random that they kicked Wang out. Specially with the other guys smokin up and gettin drunk.

It was the equivalent of "Ok, you guys aren't listening, you aren't training hard, you are constantly losing... NO MORE PIGGY BACK RIDES FROM TONY!!"

Especially with Emerson standing around, drinking a beer, going "WTF?" I'm sure kicking Wang out wasn't B.J.'s fault though. Dana made him do it.

I don't get it... if Wang was kicked off Team Penn, and was acting like a whiny cunt about being on Team Not-A-Bitch, why didn't Dana just kick his ass to the curb? He had no problem letting lazy ass Gabe go. If Wang was going to be a dick (pun intended), why let him stay and train? They had six other alternates to choose from if someone got hurt. Cut the unmotivated retard.

My feeling is that if someone on Team Pulver can't compete, Dana wants a replacement from Team Pulver. So at the time, Andy would be the #2 alternate behind Brian. He's probably #3 now after Mr. Indestructible.

As for Wang's behavior, "Not a Bitch" weighed in on it:

I can understand why Wang didn’t want to go to Team Pulver, because the two teams really did start to click at this point. Everyone got along but team spirit was very apparent. In particular, our team had really started to come together now that Gabe was gone. Practices were much better and everyone just got behind each other a lot more.

So basically, Wang was still trying to show loyalty to Team Penn. I guess he's never been fired before. He was probably still in that "shock" period that happens after you get the boot. If you've been let go before, you know what I'm talking about. Dana probably saw that too, and got him back out there. That or it was just an excuse to cut another f-bomb laden promo. You never know with Dana.

And how in the world did Weems get all those wins? Wasn't he like 13-6 before his fight? (I can't remember the exact numbers, but he had a lot of wins) The guy had no game whatsoever. As much as I don't like Team Penn, I'm glad Weems got schooled the way he did. No business being in there.

16-2 according to the Tale of the Tape. I'm guessing that the fights were the MMA equivalent of a Toughman fight, where Weems and the other guy went in there with basically no training. Kid's had a good attitude, but he was way out of his league.

The way I see it, whomever Dana wants to see move on to the next round will get Corey as anybody left will take him out, which I imagine will be Lauzon or Maynard. Also, two members of Team Pulver will be forced to throw down with each other so knowing that I'd set up.........

Maynard vs Hill

Melendez vs Diaz

Lauzon vs Manny

Cole vs Wiman

My ideal finale is Nate vs Lauzon. There isn't a more marketable fight to put together then that one as well as the fact that it would kick all kinds of ass.

I think Lauzon, Cole and Nate are a lock for the semi's. The fourth man could be a toss-up between Wiman, Manny and even Gray.

If BJ is any kind of smart he'll pressure Dana into making Cole vs Nate, Manny vs Cole or Manny vs Nate so that at least one of the top three Team Pulver fighters will get eliminated. That could be what the arguments next week are over.

And my PVR cut off during the preview of this weeks episode but who were the two eliminated fighters who get into a brawl? I'm guessing it's Marlon and somebody who calls him out on his street-tough bullshit.

And my PVR cut off during the preview of this weeks episode but who were the two eliminated fighters who get into a brawl? I'm guessing it's Marlon and somebody who calls him out on his street-tough bullshit.

It kinda looked like Weems was one of them.

Weems getting his ass kicked was as it should have been, even though Herb should have stopped it sooner because Weems was not doing anything for more than a minute while he was getting pummeled.

And thank whatever gods out there that Marlon got annihilated as well. The "crazy" angle never works unless you do something to back up whatever fecal matter is pouring out of your mouth.

Especially in MMA.

What an episode... showing the best and the worst that MMA has to offer in one shot.

Who thinks that Dana is going to give Lauzon and Cole a dark match on a PPV down the road? Not the best ways that a guy can win a fight, unintentional as it was.