TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

TUF V: The Thread

That first round was balls out. He may have not won the best way, but still.....

MASSHOLES REPRESENT~!

I have to wonder what was the first thing that went through Dana's mind when he saw footage of the house brawl:

- "Fuck, those idiots are going to make us all look like goons!"

or

- "Fuck, that's going to look great on TV!"

I mean, if it was option A, would he have fought the producers about showing the footage, knowing the general perception of professional fighters as bloodthirsty malcontents? I guess the subsequent dressing down of the morons would make up for it. And I love how he called that one guy "Lobster", not even giving him the courtesy of knowing his real name. What a show.

This is actually some really slick marketing on Dana's part. Use the footage of the brawl to get people to tune in and when they do they get a lesson taught to them by Mr. White about how this is not what the UFC is all about.

Despite Noah's baby punch cheap shot, Marlon was a cock in the fight. He slammed him spine first at an angle on a concret section seperating dirt from grass, and then again twice on his head later. Noah tried to prove a point while Marlon tried to hurt him.

Cole Miller: "That was the most technical street fight I've ever seen."

love that line

As much as I hate to say it, that's simply the kind of shit that happens in street fights. Marlon's a piece of shit, but Noah had to know what he was getting into to some extent, and instead of waiting for a proper time and place he decided to sink to Marlon's level. Besides, it's not like there was any sort of "gentleman's agreement" between the two on how it should play out.

That was some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Although, on points, Noah was whooping Marlon's ass with all those sub attempts. I think had they went indefinately, he woulda choked or broken something of Marlon. Those were some REALLY nice subs he was throwing on, he just doesn't have the experience to keep them locked on if he's being slammed like that. A better BJJ fighter would have likely broken his arm, AND choked him out.

And if it was like...Arona, he might have punched him while he laid unconscious, just because he could.

But still might have gotten his head caved in. Noah's one of those brand new guys who knows how to move but doesn't really put the movements together.

That first round was pretty damn entertaining, it's a shame with that elbow to the back of the head and Cole not taking his time to recover. The lil' fight at the house was pretty funny since Sims figured it was a good way to "showcase some of his skills." Kind've wished his arm got broken but instead we got Noah's gash... close enough.

Guest ravman77

UFC Daily is reporting Noah vs Sims as the opening televised fight on the TUF finale.

After Dana's 'this isn't what we're about' rant, doesn't this seem pretty fucking stupid?

Being sent home for a few weeks while Emerson and co hit the bongs and then come back to open the live broadcast?

UFC Daily is reporting Noah vs Sims as the opening televised fight on the TUF finale.

After Dana's 'this isn't what we're about' rant, doesn't this seem pretty fucking stupid?

Being sent home for a few weeks while Emerson and co hit the bongs and then come back to open the live broadcast?

Are you expecting anyting less? Everyone saw this coming Dana will milk in anything.

Are you expecting anyting less? Everyone saw this coming Dana will milk in anything.

Also, I'm thinking that it's part of the TUF contract.

Yeah but not the live broadcast part.

That's all sizzle.

Whatever. I hope Noah subs him but I'm not exactly going to be placing a bet.

Best fight of the season.

QFT

As good as a PPV fight, really awesome display by both guys in that fight.

I think Melendez might be the better fighter overall, he REALLY showed me a lot on the ground. The weight cutting clearly hurt him.

Yeah, but in the UFC, having elite wrestling tends to beat being better overall. No Beefs wrestling surprised me, even after knowing his credentials. Just another level. Though it is prime for a Drew Ficket-esque knee.

And though Jens was talkin like he was giving a big game movie speech throughout, I still enjoyed it. Nate switching teams and MANNY getting pissed is going to be fucking dope next week.

That's the kind of fight I want to see. Great job in takedown defense and submission attempts by Melendez. Fuck BJ for making excuses and saying Gray should have won easier; Melendez was half dead from cutting weight and still fought his ass off.

Yeah, but in the UFC, having elite wrestling tends to beat being better overall. No Beefs wrestling surprised me, even after knowing his credentials. Just another level. Though it is prime for a Drew Ficket-esque knee.

And though Jens was talkin like he was giving a big game movie speech throughout, I still enjoyed it. Nate switching teams and MANNY getting pissed is going to be fucking dope next week.

And don't forget - KARO shows up.

I smell some kind of swerve.. Nate talking about how great a unit his team is, and now he is going to go to BJ's team?

Either a swerve or this was forced somehow behind the scenes.

And I agree that the fight has much better than Emerson/Nate. That was a good fight, but this one was better. Gray looked as if Melendez somehow survived that triangle, he was done.

I smell some kind of swerve.. Nate talking about how great a unit his team is, and now he is going to go to BJ's team?

The preview made it seem like Nate just didn't want to train with his opponent nearby and thus able to try and learn part of his gameplan. Probably just the rest of the team misunderstanding his motives.

I dunno, I guess it was the way they did the preview of Thursday's episode made me think that.

I want Corey to develop into a monster because I just like the guy. He's like the black Kendall Grove.

Maybe I was just tired but did Wiman suck as bas I remember him sucking last night? I'm not terribly surprised that he lost to Manny (or Manvel as B.J. likes to say) but he pretty much got steamrolled.

I hope the semis are Lauzon vs. Manny and Gray vs. Diaz