TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Blasts from the Past

SG, we should start a campaign to get Harvey's to bring back their buffalo chicken toasted sandwich. What they did was an absolute travesty and mustn't stand.

That was fucking amazing.

I wish Harvey's brought back the Sirloin Burger though.

Arizona's is stocked up well down here in the Niagara region.

A real blast from the past is the Hula Burger from McDonalds.

Carl's Jr./Hardee's has a new burger that's like the hula burger.

There's this local mom and pop burger place I frequent that has a Hula Burger. Never bothered to try it though.

Guest George's Box
<br />
I loved Vanilla Coke and Pepsi Vanilla.
<br />Those was sneakily five years ago. How fucked is that?<br />
<br />I spent like two minutes (that's like ten in Internet Time) staring at this, trying to figure out what you meant. This is almost as bad as that "I have never been to this board again" post.<br />
<br /><br />Indeed I was, Baron. Even so, I shouldn't have let that slide. Jesus. Edited, Czech.<br />

That doesn't really make sense to me either. I spent about two minutes trying to figure out who you're trying to talk to here, or what the hell "you was". Jesus.

CanadianGuitarist and redbaron having the same hometown and avatar is such a mindfuck that it breaks the time-space continuum and turns their posts into programming code!

Dunkaroos....now those were the shit. I don't know if they're around anymore, I had them a year ago or so. I think they're along the same lines as Combos (Which I also love), where as they're only found occasionally at odd gas stations and convenience stores.

lol My Circuit City sells them so I always see them when I go to work, but I still hate them and refuse to eat them

Arizona tea rules, Ive become partial to the green tea over the past few years and infact have a big bottle of it in the fridge right now (it tastes better in the bottle then the 99 cent can IMO)

when I read this threa dit remind me of pizzerias and I mentioned it to my sister and how we are both craving them, damn you keebler elves!!!!

Are Popeye's Candy sticks still around? I don't eat candy much but when I was a kid those things were awesome. Also, I didn't scan the thread but did anyone mention Big League Chew? Fucking amazing.

It's a wonder I didn't become a chain smoking tobacco chewer.

At one point around 1992, McDonald's sold catfish dinners in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area. I never had one but I think its kind of bizarre McDonalds served catfish.

I remember Bill and Ted cereal very well, it was really good, kind of like Lucky Charms. I also used to like Pizza Hut flavored Doritos.

I also used to love Potato Skins chips and Keebler Chachos. Actually, all the Keebler brand chips were pretty good.

Pop tarts cereal. I thought it was really good but got taken off the market in a matter of months.

Also, when Batman '89 came out, they had a cereal for it with a little toy Batmobile as the prize. Still have that thing, coolest toy you could ever get in a cereal box.

TGI Fridays still puts out Potato Skins chips IIRC. They're decent.

Has Fruitopia been mentioned yet? I used to love it back in elementary school but man after I was 12 or so, I got really sick of that sugary crap. Still for some reason, I get incredibly nostalgic for it and if I saw a bottle, I'd buy it in a heartbeat

During the 90's McDonalds use to serve chicken fajitas. They haven't served them in North Dakota for about 7 years now though. Do any of the McDonalds in your areas still have them?

Guest Vitamin X

I think I know what you're talking about. It used to be in like a wrap or pita, right? Jack in the Box still has those. It was either those or the two for 99 cent tacos I always ate when I went there. Now I just eat the tacos because the meat in them is actually soy. So that's cool.

During the 90's McDonalds use to serve chicken fajitas. They haven't served them in North Dakota for about 7 years now though. Do any of the McDonalds in your areas still have them?

Oh yeah, I remember those. I used to love those things. I've seen them around occassionally while traveling through New York and Connecticut but they haven't been around here in The Southern Maine area for at least five years. I think my mom pretty much stopped going to McDonalds after they got rid of the fajitas.

That's weird that they don't have Fruitopia in the States anymore.

They have strawberry Fruitopia at McDonalds now as well as blue Powerade. Some fast food places (including BK) have Vault.

Carl's Jr not only has Vault, they gave you a free can of it if you bought something during breakfast hours. I think that promotion is over now, though.

Are Popeye's Candy sticks still around?

Fuck yeah they are. They're not Candy Cigarettes and they don't have the little red dot on the end anymore, but they're still tasty.

And, for the record, if one does smoke them, it tastes like a burnt marshmallow.

I think I know what you're talking about. It used to be in like a wrap or pita, right? Jack in the Box still has those. It was either those or the two for 99 cent tacos I always ate when I went there. Now I just eat the tacos because the meat in them is actually soy. So that's cool.

I'm 100% sure the soy taco thing is a myth. Those things are beef.

Beef Regular Taco or Beef Monster Taco® Filling Ingredients: Beef, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour, Caramel Color), Soy Grits, Seasoning [Chili Powder (Chili Peppers, Spices, Salt, Garlic Powder), Wheat Flour, Taco Mix (Chili Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Onion), Imitation Beef Extract (Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy, Wheat and Corn Protein, Monosodium Glutamate, Dextrose, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate), Silicon Dioxide (added to prevent caking)], Salt, Tomato Paste, Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn, Water, Lime. Contains Soy, Wheat

Guest Vitamin X

Ah, damn it. I was hoping that wouldn't be true, but after a quick google, looks like you pulled it off the JitB website.

So much for that!

I don't know why but Spaghetti Os gave me really, really putrid smelling gas. And I haven't eaten them in 9/10 years as a result. Just as well since they kind of suck.

Now let's talk Lunchables. I now they're still around but man I always wanted them as a kid and never got them until I was like 11. Boy was I disappointed. It's one of those things that seems OK in theory but awful in execution. Those things are terrible, just terrible. But I probably would have liked 'em well enough if I had them when I was 6.

I ate them a lot out of convenience when I worked at Wal*Mart. I still remember, vividly, having a conversation a few years ago that ended with the worst thing about them being that the cheese was listed as 'processed cheese food'. Processed cheese would be ok, cheese food would be iffy, but fine. Processed cheese food was all kinds of unsettling.

Guest Smues
I ate them a lot out of convenience when I worked at Wal*Mart. I still remember, vividly, having a conversation a few years ago that ended with the worst thing about them being that the cheese was listed as 'processed cheese food'. Processed cheese would be ok, cheese food would be iffy, but fine. Processed cheese food was all kinds of unsettling.

Sounds like how I felt when I learned about liquid egg product and liquid butter product.

Guest Vitamin X

And thus my comment earlier in this thread regarding kids' foods. Sickening how parents don't really seem to care what they're feeding their kids so long as it's convenient and the brats shut up.

I'm lucky I did a lot of exercise and had exercise freaks for parents (mom did and still does marathons, and pops did triathalons) because we ate a lot healthier than normal- and still ended up eating a lot.

If I ever have a child (and if there's a god, I won't), I will take them to McDonalds and poke them with a sharp stick after every bite.