TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WWEisaBore

How long do you think the WWE will last?

Guest WWEisaBore

The WWE doesn't have a bottomless pit of cash and they are not raking in the money like they used to. They are doing it to themselves and the WWE's product has been utter crap since late 2001. There recent Canada house shows drew very low.

Guest Choken One

Another One.

Fuck off.

WWE has been in FAR WORSE straits then this before...save for a major incident ala The Steroid Trial to occur, WWE isn't going anywhere.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Ok so let's say the WWF posts a net loss of a few million a year. It would take a few decades at that rate for the WWF to go bankrupt.

The only way it's going to tank is if Vince starts pocketing too much money.

Nah....its not going anywhere anytime soon.....once Vince realizes that he needs to make some changes in management and on HIS creative team.....then you will start to see some changes.....the contract with Viacom ends next year....I think that along will open his eyes...becuz I know Viacom will not be paying 500K a week just for a wrestling show any longer...

Guest WWEisaBore

Another thought is maybe Vince is tired of being a workaholic and has lost his touch and motivation to present a watchable product. I have read that Shane doesn't really have the passion for wrestling like Vince has had.

Guest Choken One

exactly...WWE isn't a ECW where they had no money or a WCW where they had no control (Turner controled everything with the money and no one controled the show)...

WWE is a complete machine where control is had, despite persistent reports that workers aren't happy, you go to ANY corporate business...workers aren't happy there either. it's normal.

It would have to take something maybe even harder then The Steroid Trial to knock Vince Down.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Actually....

I think if the end up making this Triple H movie and then try and release it in theaters that they will go out of business within the next 10 years. That will be a major flop and lose them 100+ million easily if they go with a theatre release.

Vince's efforts to be more than a wrestling promoter is what could bring his whole business down.

Guest WWEisaBore

Ready To Rumble was one of the many things that brought WCW to its grave.

Guest Salacious Crumb

WCW had little to do with the movie other than having their stars in it and the events that should never be spoken of. It was dead well before that anyway.

The Radicals leaving was the final nail in the coffin.

Guest WWEisaBore

Ready To Rumble made No Holds Barred look like Gone With The Wind.

Guest Salacious Crumb

No, the insane old man that beats the shit out of Saturn and Sid completely made that movie watchable and saved it from being the worst ever.

Well, I wouldn't like to see it, but anything is possible in business. I am actually frightened what will happen without Vince Mcmahon in charge. For all the jokes we make on Vince's foolishness at times at least we know he is the general of the ship and tries to right it. Every other wrestling business has fallen to wayside because perhaps Vince Mcmahon really is the only man who can run the business successfully without being manipulated like past promoters. Do some have tapes of wcw in 1996-1998? Who would have thought that juggernaut would be sold to the wwf at the time(which had a very depleted roster and that is the wwe's lowest point imo during 95-97 til around SummerSlam '97 where things began to pick up again). I also believe Vince wanting to be all things in everything might be his achille's heel. It's funny the wwe to some jumped the shark after making that No Holds Barred Movie in 1989 and it's kind of hard to argue with the turn of presentation that year for the business.

No, the insane old man that beats the shit out of Saturn and Sid completely made that movie watchable and saved it from being the worst ever.

I always did love that part. The rest of the movie is mostly :throwup:

If WWE quit making those stupid PPV commercials and wasting money on PPV sets then it will stay in business. But of course I bet there is some dumbass on Ebay willing to pay $10,000 for that electric chair used at KOTR.

If WWE quit making those stupid PPV commercials and wasting money on PPV sets then it will stay in business. But of course I bet there is some dumbass on Ebay willing to pay $10,000 for that electric chair used at KOTR.

That's part of WWE's presentation...which Vince strives on...

Guest Choken One

The grand presentation is a part of the aura of the WWE.

Without it, It's a indy show with worst talent.

Without that presentation, WWE wouldn't be nearly as good and its flaws would be glaring to fans and stockholders.

Exactly.....when it comes to presentation...Kevin Dunn and his crew are top notch.....without that...WWE wouldn't be the same..

WWE was near bankruptcy in 1997, and had it not been for Stone Cold Steve Austin, they probably would have bit the dust and Vince McMahon would be working for Eric Bischoff right now. WWE is nowhere near that point in 1997, so there's nothing to worry about now. They're still riding the financial success of the Attitude Era and with slightly higher ticker prices, PPV prices, etc., they're making up for the loss.

However, I will say this: The company will go down the shitter quickly if Stephanie McMahon and HHH take it over 100% and Shane doesn't get a piece.

Just because Stephanie's been in the business all her life doesn't necessarily mean she'll be good at it. My parents have owned a chain of pet stores since before I was born, so I've been in the pet store business all my life. But I know that if I had to take over the stores tomorrow, they would go down the toilet very quickly because it's just not my thing. And pro wrestling is just not Stephanie's thing.

And once again, I want to say how much I despise saying "the WWE."

Heh, it's the fact they lost in a court battle to hippies that gets me.

And once again, I want to say how much I despise saying "the WWE."

Heh, it's the fact they lost in a court battle to hippies that gets me.

Well, Vince got what was coming to him, cause he didn't honor their agreement. And the World Wildlife Fund was around a lot earlier than 1982.

I know I hate wwe too. None of my friends even call it that. They still say wwf(the ones who still watch anyways :P ). I mean couldn't Vince come up with a better name? The name just sounds dumb.

Guest Choken One
WWE was near bankruptcy in 1997, and had it not been for Stone Cold Steve Austin, they probably would have bit the dust and Vince McMahon would be working for Eric Bischoff right now. WWE is nowhere near that point in 1997, so there's nothing to worry about now. They're still riding the financial success of the Attitude Era and with slightly higher ticker prices, PPV prices, etc., they're making up for the loss.

However, I will say this: The company will go down the shitter quickly if Stephanie McMahon and HHH take it over 100% and Shane doesn't get a piece.

Just because Stephanie's been in the business all her life doesn't necessarily mean she'll be good at it. My parents have owned a chain of pet stores since before I was born, so I've been in the pet store business all my life. But I know that if I had to take over the stores tomorrow, they would go down the toilet very quickly because it's just not my thing. And pro wrestling is just not Stephanie's thing.

No, If Mike Tyson never came aboard it wouldn't have gotten the big return it....WWE was smart enought to put out the right material at the time to attract a new market.

Actually....

I think if the end up making this Triple H movie and then try and release it in theaters that they will go out of business within the next 10 years. That will be a major flop and lose them 100+ million easily if they go with a theatre release.

Vince's efforts to be more than a wrestling promoter is what could bring his whole business down.

Umm, no.

I highly doubt they will put that much money into the movie. The budget will probably be NO higher than $50 million and marketing will be somewhere around $20 million. That is the most money they will put into the picture.

And WWE isn't going out of business anytime soon.

Guest Choken One
I know I hate wwe too. None of my friends even call it that. They still say wwf(the ones who still watch anyways :P ). I mean couldn't Vince come up with a better name? The name just sounds dumb.

The company was known as World Wrestling Federation Entertainment.

They maintained the two most important parts of the Name.

WORLD-WRESTLING.

And it was a ENTERTAINMENT SHOW...not a federation anymore.

The name change was perfect...

It didn't change the name brand familarity at all for the common fan.