Jump to content

Giuseppe Zangara

Members
  • Posts

    5791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giuseppe Zangara

  1. Their chicken biscuit is still rockin', so I've no complaints. Hey, I tried Whataburger's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit today. Shit's tight.
  2. Sometimes I really like my own posts.
  3. I saw them live a couple of years ago. They were good, though nothing approaching "crazy."
  4. http://www.kungfunation.com http://www.everythingenglish.com http://www.theweathermen.com/
  5. Do those feelers on her face help provide a sense of direction.
  6. I never post in these type of threads, but that list is truly lolworthy.
  7. If the Gin Blossoms had lo-fi production and were on Matador Records, indie kids would've loved them. As it stands, an unfortunate association with Empire Records forever taints them in the eyes of many.
  8. Anyone guilty of overrating Matchbox 20 has opinions in music I don't care about.
  9. Downhome started a thread in the music folder. Were I to leave the board, he'd likely keep it up.
  10. I was gonna quit posting, but Kotz didn't like what would've been my last post. Now I have to make amends.
  11. "Hash Pipe" rocked. And Edwin was right about "Don't Let Go" and "Simple Pages."
  12. It was all downhill for collegehumor.com after the video of the monkey peeing in his mouth.
  13. Say what you will about the last two albums, but I think the few worthwhile songs from each one were released as singles, particularly those from the green album. That the first single from this new one is this bad isn't a good sign. Speaking of which, I used to defend the second s/t Weezer disc, but time hasn't been very kind to it. As for Maladroit, I haven't listened to it since it came out, nor do I have any urge to change that.
  14. So far, I've only used the car for going to and from work, but I ventured the 6.5 miles to my gf's place last night. The trip itself was fine, but her apartment complex rests on this slight hill, the incline for which has speed bumps and a fucking gate with a security guard. I didn't stall out, but man, I really did a number on my clutch.
  15. Yeesh. It might as well be Bowling for Soup or some such shit. Awful chorus, awful hook, awful in general. I remember when Maladroit came out, thinking there was no way these guys would ever make a good album again. If this song's any indication, I was right. So, anyone else here heard it? I got it via a link to this Boston radio station, but it's down now (so I can't provide it for you guys).
  16. I figure knowing how to drive a manual makes up for never learning to ride a bike. I'm more of a man for it.
  17. I've been driving the car for three days now. Even moderate traffic makes me a little nervous, so I'm holding off on using it as much as possible.
  18. Stalling out in morning traffic while trying not to be late for work is fabulously fun. I suggest you all try it.
  19. My new car is a stick. Other than getting the hang of first gear, it isn't as bad as I feared.
  20. Re: Gin Blossoms. That album has all the production sheen you'd expect from a band of that ilk, but the songs are strong enough to overcome it.
  21. I first heard of him via his website. A friend of mine from Tampa later confirmed he's often seen clubbing in the gayest of outfits.
  22. That dude lives in Tampa and is a regular at the nightclub scene there. I'm not kidding.
  23. Speaking of which, I haven't put on Trout Mask Replica in ages. Time to change that.
×
×
  • Create New...