Jump to content

Giuseppe Zangara

Members
  • Posts

    5791
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giuseppe Zangara

  1. Is Bongo Fury along the lines of Zappa and Beefheart's earlier collaboration, "Willie the Pimp." I love Beefheart, am warm to Zappa and I really like that song.
  2. Gonna drink some Smithwicks (pronounced smitticks), which is an ale from the makers of Guinness. It tastes like Bass but way better. And I like Bass. Will likely have some Guinness, too, because Guinness is always great.
  3. The Gin Blossoms' New Miserable Experience might be the most underappreciated commercial success of the 90s. Seriously fucking solid album that the indie kids should enjoy now, seeing how they (Gin Blossoms) only wanted to be Big Star. They even recorded this album in the same studio Big Star did their records, ferchrissakes. It works. I'm not saying it's on par with either #1 Record or Radio City, but it deserves recognition beyond those with a soft spot for 90's alternaradio.
  4. True story: a month or so ago, I was talking to LooseCannon on AIM. He recounted the time you sent him a disturbingly provacative picture of your at-the-time 14-year-old girlfriend. He said he was genuinely concerned that the feds were gonna bust down his door at that moment.
  5. YPV knows the words to quality sarcasm, but not the music. EDIT: This post was made before I learned that loser kid from Massachusetts was rebanned to that role playing wrestling fed. Now I say good show, sir.
  6. Calling someone "fat" is the pinnacle for a Failed Mascot insult.
  7. I think I posted ten or so times.
  8. Failed Mascot, this wounded bird act wasn't very flattering back when you pulled it at SNKT. Either grow a sack or have yourself banned again.
  9. You have absolutely no reading comprehension skills whatsoever. That's wonderful.
  10. All it takes is one, dear.
  11. Failed Mascot is so pathetic. I've barely been here in the last couple of days and he still posts about me. He probably still thinks I blocked him on AIM because he confused me for Alfdogg.
  12. What's this.
  13. Ravenbomb, weren't you one of the dudes who invaded the Full House forum back during TSM's invasion craze.
  14. It should be known whenever I call CWM or Failed Mascot an idiot or whatever that I have my reasons.
  15. Quality post. Seriously.
  16. IDRM is brilliant, really. I have no problem getting into The Argument; I wouldn't say it should be the first Fugazi album a newbie should check out—that would definitely be either 13 Songs or Repeater—but it's the one I listen to the most. My least favorite Fugazi (not including End Hits, which I've yet to hear) is In On the Kill Taker. So boring, that one, but "Public Witness Program" is awesome.
  17. Rant has a point, Kotz. The bulk of your posts, lately, is either about how much you hate your life or that you're high.
  18. Giuseppe Zangara

    Fugazi

    The Argument is their best album. Not 13 Songs, not Repeater, but The Argument. Discuss that, as well as all things Fugazi, in this thread.
  19. The self-titled debut from the Evens is okay. Ian Mackaye doing indie rock and not once screaming.
  20. The constant laughter rubbed me the wrong way at first, but, as the movie went on, I realized that the business men in the film's first half laughed so much because they were miserable. It's an affect, for sure, but an effective one, I thought. Still, yeah, I can see it being grating. All of Faces straddles the line between genuine emotion and annoying self-parody; even if I thought the experiment was a failure, I'd admire it for going out on a limb.
  21. That doesn't hold up for titles like "Mt. Saint Michel Mix+St. Michaels Mount" or "Father."
  22. I watched Faces today, but fuck the movie folder. I don't know what problem godthedog has with that film. I liked it bunches.
  23. Failed Mascot never thinks about things before posting.
  24. Though they never played it at our graduation ceremony, our senior high song was Quad City DJs' "C'mon Ride the Train" or whatever the hell is was called. They even had shirts with this garish train riding down the tracks, getting something close to "funky," I guess.
×
×
  • Create New...