DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I miss World's Worst Man's antics. Of course I still talk to him on a daily basis so it doesn't matter.
-
The OAO TSM "Happy Birthday, you!" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in No Holds Barred
MARTYEWR is great. Happy Birthday to him! -
I've heard (more Brannigan!). It's one of those funny things where I knew it came out in June and the Tuesday that just passed was the last one this month, but I still forgot it came out. A friend even reminded me on Sunday, but then I saw a commercial on TV the other day that finally had it sink in. I'm going to pick it up this evening.
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The fake Alex Wright music (I think it's fake) on Thunder (though I guess it's on Nitro these days too) is some of the best music I've heard WWE overdub an original WCW theme with. They should give it to someone on the roster now. -
I tried The Pit but got mad when it kept logging me out. No thanks to that.
-
I've really been waiting for someone on any board I made that comment on to pick up on it. Thanks Frog!
-
Yes, that's true. Ideally they would just credit the Observer (and some do) but there are offenders that take sentences and write entire paragraphs (see: "Jeter released" from Random Thoughts). Others take something Dave says as an offhand remark and turn it into full blown news.
-
What is this "paysites" business? The only website I know that charges for news is PWInsider (but I don't include Torch or F4W/Observer in that since those are newsletters with online content for subscribers). Anyway, yes, I believe Powell (who shares a name with a co-worker of mine so I always find it funny to read his name) is (was?) associated with Torch and now that prowrestling site. Both are usually wrong.
-
I wonder how far they'll go with "de-savaging" Umaga considering he has went out of his way with tattooes to live the gimmick. Regarding Killings, that's good news as well because Kwik Killings was a horrid name. I'm surprised TNA didn't have "The Truth" trademarked. There was a rumor that Killings could debut teaming with D'Lo, I don't know how much I'd like that. Killings is a shit rapper though, hopefully they don't go that route with him. That's from today's Observer.
-
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
Nadda today (which I suppose is better than the sequel "Nadda 3", but still not good). -
I like this line from Adamle's WWE.com bio:
-
Edit: Nevermind
-
Yeah, to go with what Enigma said, Marty wrestled Kennedy as part of Kennedy's feud with HBK. Basically since the Marty vs. Angle match in 2005, Marty has been on-screen pals with Shawn during his 8 or so hiring and firings.
-
I haven't been watching loads lately, just skimming through segments to see if they caught my eye. Maybe I've missed this build up, but why would Marty step in? And can't he only fight in his home state or something, or has that court order past? Shawn was thrown threw a glass TV monitor. The similarities to The Barber Shop incident were obvious to long time fans but this week on Raw they went a step further to educate new fans by having Jericho outright say it was kind of like what Shawn did to Marty, then showed clips of people Shawn turned on (Marty, Diesel, Hogan). Not so much a build, but a lot of referencing Marty who could possibly fight for Shawn.
-
HBK isn't wrestling at NOC. He wasn't supposed to get jigs or pudding in his eye and ended up getting a table. In regards to Koslov, I actually am a little worried he'll get pushed too fast too soon into losing to HHH. And I'm one of the people that proclaims HHHate to be "getting old".
-
I'm also hoping for Chris Jericho vs. Marty (and for all I know you stole that comment from me on IRC, except there is actually a logical build to that match so anyone could have that idea).
-
I really enjoyed Get Smart (sorry if I'm missing a thread about it). It seemed to start off a bit light on comedy, or at the very least people weren't laughing at comedic lines (but I found to be funny in a dry way), but by the end it was really going and everyone enjoyed it. However, . That said, they're both really enjoyable in the movie. Good cameo appearances throughout as well (I liked the agent in the tree for obvious reasons).
-
Well it looks maroon / mauve to me, but to (incredibly loosely) paraphrase Ivan Drago, if it's brown, it's brown.
-
Supplemental Draft: Raw gets Kofi, Shelton, and somehow Matt Hardy back. SmackDown gets Miz, Morrison, Elijah, and Evan Bourne ECW gets Snitsky, Charlie Haas, and Val Venis
-
At the very least I enjoyed seeing Kofi do that thing with the ropes.
-
Ratings news (but no number) from F4Wonline:
-
I guess I didn't need to freak out when the red (maroon? I forget now) guy was reading the Raw thread.
-
At the end of the day I have more interest in SmackDown, more interest in Raw (as in, what will they build the show around without HHH?), and ECW airs here at 12am Friday so I couldn't (or is it "could"?) care less what they do with it.
-
There is a red username reading this - I am FREAKING OUT.
-
JR Blog about the Draft Part 2: