Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. They've been squashing Harry anytime he appears on Raw though, you'd think they give him some rebuilding before handing him a tag title, but then again these are titles you qualify for a shot at by debuting with the company and not wrestling now. I actually thought, with the other rumours about the stable and the dissension tease, it was going to be some deal where Cody was the partner and they wrestled Holly in a handicap match to win the belts.
  2. http://howmuchdoesthisguyweigh.ytmnd.com/ Here's 24/7 subscriber and well known TSM'er bob_barron's thoughts on the 1994 King of the Ring: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_re...The-Ring-94.htm
  3. I think it's time for some good clean fun.
  4. There is a huge downside to this WO / F4W merger... All the stuff I ever I wrote for WO.com is gone!
  5. Wasn't Warrior just recently singing the praises of Vince and WWE, a total 180 from his previous stance?
  6. Apparently Harvey 'Downtown Bruno' Wippleman has a book out called "Wrestling With the Truth". Will it be as well received as the Bret Hart book? Only time will tell.
  7. And God forbid Mole us his eBay money to set TSM up with an account. Maybe the new regime can look into that...
  8. Because it counteracts the A/C by letting the cool air escape and the humid air in.
  9. With warm and humid weather here, I was reminded of a seasonal annoyance on my bus ride to work tonight - assholes who don't understand how air conditioning works. Would these morons think to crack every window in their house wide open while running their A/C? I would hope not, but they seem to think it's an awesome idea while they ride the bus.
  10. Long Island accent. I was listening to yesterday's Dave and Bryan show during the match and generally not paying attention, but Punk vs. MVP seemed to be pretty long. Good stuff?
  11. Sega sure liked mocking people.
  12. Makes sense... I just know with WWE.com, you have to download some digital rights cookie or something or other and they explicity warn you to only use your 24/7 Online account on one computer. The other side of the coin you have sites like mrskin.com that had God knows how many people logging in as howardstern / rules for over a year before they noticed.
  13. It is a bit of a tease but what could they do, put every title change from the 24/7 rules era in?
  14. I was hoping my next comment wouldn't be about the Observer/F4W deal since this thread is quickly becoming just about that while people continue to post stuff that this thread was intended for as a random thought (Mike Mondo's release), but I do have a question for anyone that would know: What is the security for accounts like? There's a really good chance I'll listen to the audio shows at home and read the newsletters when it's slow on midnights at work, but I don't want to get my account suspended for logging in as two different IPs or something like that.
  15. I guess I took for granted it was gone now. Maybe one day it will return.
  16. The Hardcore title clips they combined into a Shortie are a fun diversion from the ordinary.
  17. How is Borga "on of WWE's most controversial superstars"? Because he's a foreigner?
  18. I was going to post the new update, but I can see my MillenniumMan831's name being italicized he's beating me to the punch.
  19. DrVenkman PhD

    HDTV

    The biggest problem I have with my TV is it has rendered a lot of my wrestling tapes obsolete... tapes with the slightest bit of tracking issues result in a black "No Signal" screen.
  20. He always reminded me of Stephen Root and that was a good thing.
  21. As a wrestling fan I'm a bit perturbed that Meltzer will now put wrestling things aside (such as updating WO.com, but that's no longer an issue) to go attend MMA events but I don't think he goes to wrestling when they run at the Cow Palace or around there... I know he did once recently, but it seems to me he usually skips it. It just says to me that his heart is with MMA now which I guess is great if you're an MMA fan. That's his business though. The coverage of ONS seemed subpar because he was at the WEC show. He should just do a seperate MMA newsletter, since I wonder if a lot of people, like me, usually just skim through the MMA notes Ah yes, that was it... the random "Here's Brian's coverage of ONS since I was at a WEC show", followed by waiting for the week's second issue to put the poll results in. I skim the MMA notes but sometimes he hides mentions of wrestling related stuff in there. Sneaky! He's too busy to separate the two subjects into full length newsletters though.
  22. I played the demo via XBL. It basically seems like a next gen Budokai reboot, but it looks amazing and fluid and all that with the power of the 360 and HD.
  23. As a wrestling fan I'm a bit perturbed that Meltzer will now put wrestling things aside (such as updating WO.com, but that's no longer an issue) to go attend MMA events but I don't think he goes to wrestling when they run at the Cow Palace or around there... I know he did once recently, but it seems to me he usually skips it. It just says to me that his heart is with MMA now which I guess is great if you're an MMA fan. That's his business though. Edit: Well shame on me, he went to the SmackDown taping in San Jose on Sunday.
×
×
  • Create New...