Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. My friend finally got through on the phone and they said "yeah, just go to will call". They should have gave us that option when we ordered the tickets. Morons. Hope it's a good show but I expect it to be promo heavy.
  2. My friend told me our tickets didn't arrive in the mail today and he was told to call TM 4 hours before the event... which I guess would be now. Such a hassle.
  3. That's where he makes fun of Tony Schivonie (of all people) for calling moves correctly, right?
  4. Flair has had so many matches I don't think any DVD set will ever be definitive, but these have some more good selections to compliment the 2003 DVD release. I am looking forward to the bio on disc 1, perhaps more than the matches.
  5. Something I also brought up in the Matt Young coyote thread.
  6. EHME makes a point - since I have sigs/avs turned off work work, if I don't look over to see Athens or Canada, I get him and Kinetic confused. I actually thought the Matt Young thread was by EHME and this thread was by Kinetic.
  7. This is probably going to sound like a joke but for the longest time I thought "Kaz" referred to Kaz Hayashi. Does someone who wasn't high as a kite (and thus is someone I don't need opinions from) have thoughts on the show? Meltz seemed rather unimpressed, but now that I've read the rest of his report it sounds like his mind was elsewhere.
  8. I saw Batman and Robin in theatres THREE TIMES. If anyone familiar with the show Corner Gas saw the episode where some of the characters got roped into seeing the same terrible movie multiple times, it was pretty similar for me. I went once by myself to the first showing on a Friday morning because high school was already done by June 20th, then again Saturday afternoon because my younger cousin who was still in grade school wanted to see it, then again on Sunday because my friends wanted to see it and I for reasons I forget had to keep up the idea that I hadn't already seen it. Of course, it helped that I didn't actually think it was THAT bad 11 years ago. Even now when I watch it on DVD, I figure that at the very least there's almost always something going on (and it's pretty funny, like spman said).
  9. The thread title always looks like the name of a radio station to me. "Hey local radio market, keep those radios on 90.1 - another 4 minute block of the rock you want, coming up next on POWER 90 X
  10. I echo the Speed Racer comment and am glad to see Iron Man hold on to the #1 spot (with another $50M weekend to boot, good stuff). Congrats on Sarah Marshall passing $50M as well. Hopefully it does some good DVD business.
  11. I think Revenge of the Taker was at the Fernwood place too.
  12. "Alexandria Bay, NY; Castle Recreation Center" - location for Raw 28.
  13. Yeah WWE.com finally updated their schedule and this was not the Slamboree week, so I guess it joins an already big update this week. I think June is a 5 week month so we'll probably be back to more spread out updates instead of the current schedule of "week 1 - everything possible in TV classics, Legends, Shorties, and something in Big Ones" / "week 2 - TNT and a house show".
  14. I've heard people talking about rebooting boxes as a solution but I don't know how that solves anything - when it happens to me I still have two more receivers in the house that also don't have working programs or updated content, so it's obviously not those. I've usually just e-mailed them to say "Hey Cogeco, fix your Error 209s!". Then they send a response like it's MY fault I can't get the latest episode of Sin City Diaries to load and suggest I call technical support so they can send someone out. Since that's not the problem I just wait, then it tends to work. The 7/7/97 Nitro was a close call, though.
  15. They piece it together themselves using various matches.
  16. Are they wrestling in a warehouse on Raw 28? It looks awful.
  17. The date graphic for the first Akio / London match says December 2nd, but it's obviously from sometime in September (they show the beginning of the Kidman / London feud, mention the 'season premiere' of SmackDown).
  18. Yeah I used to get Cogeco's version of that, but it was an across the board problem with their VOD service. It has not come up in 3 weeks now.
  19. Everything I have works, however I'm just going to accept that Tito vs. Savage, vs. Hart Foundation, and the HOF piece as well as the July 14th Nitro aren't going to come up.
  20. For those of you who read the Backlash Roundtable, you may recall I complained about the predictable "someone goes to do 10 punches on Taker in the corner and gets the Last Ride" spot, wishing someone would counter into a rana some day. Well, that's exactly what happened in the Batista / Morrison match, so I was quite happy.
  21. I liked Edge's shirt.
  22. I'm also wondering how many people are going to try and sell their ticket / not show-up because they only paid $20 or so for Raw and stay home to watch Game 3 of Wings/Stars.
  23. The local mall theatre here has the Get Smart standee, with Carell throwing a phone and a big phone line swinging around the whole piece, together with a Zhoan standee. It looks like Adam Sandler (holding up a pair of scissors) is trying to cut the phone cord. It was amusing to me.
  24. I don't know, I took it as he thinks his co-workers / subordinates want a funny guy who talks about how hot they are, not a straight laced "you're a wonderful employee / person / artist, keep it up" type boss, oblivious that they find him unfunny and would appreciate that sort of candor from him.
  25. Yeah, we were hoping we could try something like that. Thanks bps.
×
×
  • Create New...