DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Would folks like Hotbutter even know they're unbanned? Surely people banned in 2006 would move on with their lives.
-
Dandy also received some inside dirt on young Matthew, you all may recall. Since it was said on the internet it must have been true. Matt knows that's how it works.
-
But he had groundbreaking news with absolutely no evidence that you guys DID share an account! That's good enough for me, pinko.
-
This is the artists rendering from WWE Magazine
-
I enjoyed John Cena discussing a scene from the movie Semi Pro with his fellow wrestlers.
-
Scroty
-
Hey there's a lot of throw off clues. Who knew I was a straight laced non-drug user?
-
Because you never know when HBK will pop out of the casket and crotch chop to his heart's content while DX music plays. Break it down.
-
That would be my guess too but if it's wrong, EHME.
-
"SmackDown world title celebrates five years... with a legacy going back 6 decades". The ECW Title situation gets a pass because whether or not Rhino had the physical belt, WWE owned the intellectual property associated with it including the lineage. Now I'm getting into a "separate universe" argument but what the Rhino character does in TNA has no bearing on the canon taking place in current day ECW.
-
Which if my memory of seeing the match on the RVD DVD is correct, was blown-off by the "WWF" side winning due to Furnas and Lafon helping RVD... how did things get reset to normal?
-
That had a Matt Young vibe about it until the 10th fact. Let's go with... Ravenbomb.
-
Good point...
-
I don't know if this is the answer but there is something strange about those shows and their broadcast rights that kept them off Canadian 24/7 service for almost a year, despite the fact the PYBO could just as easily be something that would get shown as an older PPV in the Big Ones section anyway.
-
Undertaker holding up the world title while legitimate thunder and lightning is going on is about the most awesome visual that could happen.
-
I don't believe that match list for a second. Anyway this is the tin edition of Mania 24 according to Silvervision:
-
Making WWE Champion Randy Orton tap is a pretty awesome way to end your last TV match (if that is in fact the case) so I won't really complain about them not doing anything else to risk lessening that moment.
-
But according to wwe.com WCW Title History section: What gives? So WWE is once again erasing history and it's always been the WCW title Jericho unified them? At the risk of starting the 100th "The Smackdown title and WCW title are the same!" argument, the WCW title / World title I mentioned above WERE the same title with the same lineage, so yes, it was the WCW title Jericho won and unified. Vince just did a promo saying WCW was dead, he won the war, and the belt would not be called the WCW title anymore, hence "world title".
-
I use my VCR to record older PPVs from the VHS era and that's about it. I think I recorded Vader / Flair in between two events I recorded as well. I guess it's for back-up purposes though - it's not like I've watched Spring Stampede 94 since I recorded it however long ago it was on 24/7. Once upon a time I used to watch all of the PPV events I owned in chronological order in a cycle, but since my free wrestling watching time is now usually devoted to 24/7 (with the exception of the Mania countdown), this has not happened in quite some time. 24/7 did allow me to finally get Survivor Series 87, 90, 93, and 95 on tape though so I could possibly do a fuller "Survivor Series countdown" if I felt the need - previously, it would have started at 96, than ran 99-2005.
-
I knew Ahmed was injured before Canadian Stampede, but I didn't remember that he injured himself in his FIRST HEEL SEGMENT at the top of the show doing a standard brawl with the debuting DOA. What a character that guy was. I enjoyed the first triple threat match. Seeing Owen get the clean pinfall on HHH that he never got as a face during the European title feud was nice. I also liked seeing the spot where Chyna gave Goldust the 'rana - that was another one of those "I SWEAR this really happened, but the Goldust / HHH feud is done and I didn't see it, so I must have imagined it" moments that ended up being a correct memory. The table not co-operating with Sabu is great every time I see it. Visually, the way he hits Flash Funk with his first dive and just rolls off of him without the table breaking is great and his immediate improv move of a standing splash looks nice too. I believe this is the last ECW deal on Raw and I can't help but wonder if Heyman's comments about Bischoff and Nitro (which were amusingly ignored by JR and Vince - they didn't even do that cute "Anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation on live television" bit) helped end it, or if it was already dead due to RVD's attitude anyway. I re-watched Vince talking about UFC when I was FF'ing to the triple threat match (I had only watched up to that point on Sunday night), as funny as it was to hear him talk about ignorance towards UFC, hearing him say "professional wrestling" was pretty funny too in a weird way. A more subtle note, I thought it was a nice touch to hear them put over weekend house shows. "We'll be having another triple threat match at this weekend's live events", "Bret Hart will return to in-ring action this Saturday night in San Jose", etc.
-
It's also worth noting (and I did elsewhere, actually) that had we still been using the monthly discussion thread for 24/7, Mania IX discussion would have petered out around 15 comments, and that's being generous. Like you said, while you certainly can generate discussion based on everyone saying "I agree that Mania X7 is great", where's the conflict? Where's the diverse opinions? Where are the apologists defending the show? Where are the haters putting it down? And so on...
-
WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Looks like I was wrong about that. Odd that they had the Armageddon description, though. -
- "Deleted Member" asking for a picture of Samhaine from The Real Ghostbusters (but apologizing if I wasn't a RGB fan). - Some political stuff about being a writer (Sass telling me to get on AIM to discuss something I now forget and "Dazed" agreeing when I must have ranted somewhere about people pinning articles): - A board invite that I guess I didn't take, or took and was bored. - I have no clue what this is even in response to, but it's from Mike. It's from 2005 so I assume this was one of those big board drama threads that I'd be embarrassed to see what I said to prompt this. - TheFranchise decided to call me "gey" in the subject line to ask me a question about The Rock's IC title reign. In retrospect, it was probably a typo of "hey". - Another invite: I have a message right above that from "Deleted Poster" called "YOU!" telling me to go as well, I believe from FM. Lastly, in 2005 I asked Deon if there was I place I could watch a PPV if I had some downtime in Las Vegas on a Sunday night. He responded by suggesting a strip club and asking me to sell him some tapes.
-
Whether HHH wants to acknowledge it or not, Kane vs HHH at No Mercy 2002 was billed as title for title.
-
Being a douche.